Jason Babin; Buddy puts in a claim!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked his game. Think maybe he was just too small to be used as on every down guy like Eagles were. I think he's better than Mark Anderson, who I was never sold on. That said, I wonder at his age 32 if theres a health/injury concern thats not being disclosed that led to eagles releasing him.

He was repeatedly acting like a douche on Twitter and basically taunting the Eagle fans who were none to appreciative.

Yes. If the price is right pick him up. He is better than the other DE we have opposite Mario. He could rotate with Moore. He is still a very productive player and has 5.5 sacks so far this season. Get a new DC and this D line could be serious trouble with him, Mario, Anderson coming back, and Moore at the ends, with Kelsay and Dearus in the middle. With the right scheme someone should be free. Draft Jones from GA or Mingo from LSU in RD1, Jones in RD2, and that's a good start to fixing the QB, LB problem. Then draft another LB/QB in round 3 and 4.

Yes. If the price is right pick him up. He is better than the other DE we have opposite Mario. He could rotate with Moore. He is still a very productive player and has 5.5 sacks so far this season. Get a new DC and this D line could be serious trouble with him, Mario, Anderson coming back, and Moore at the ends, with Kelsay and Dearus in the middle. With the right scheme someone should be free. Draft Jones from GA or Mingo from LSU in RD1, Jones in RD2, and that's a good start to fixing the QB, LB problem. Then draft another LB/QB in round 3 and 4.

I don't think anyone wants Baybin and a 5 year contract.

He will be a FA after he passes through waivers.

Claiming Babin off waivers would put a team on the hook for the remainder of the $5.575 million he’s owed this year (approximately $1.65 million), plus $4.225 in 2013 and $6 million in 2014 and ’15.

Not incredibly expensive. I'm not advocating that the Bills sign him just saying that he doesn't necessarily have a say if a team wanted to put a claim in on him.