Chans Presser - Poorly called plays comment?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's no established coach in his right mind that would take over this team. This team will only be coached by unproven or washed up "talents". There is no reason to play or coach for the Bills.

Thats why I siggest Tom Cable. No other team will touch him and he had success with a schitty Oakland team (6-0 in his division his last eyar)

Billick would take the job (or any head coaching job) in a heartbeat.

But besides a guy like Billick who has been on the outside for a while, how is this not an appealing job? They have talent at most positions now and no track record to live up to immediately. The GM/Owner HAVE spent money on players. QB and LB are the glaring weaknesses that they would have time to fill with their own guys.

Most any potential head coach would take that.

Ah, but there's the ownership problem. Ralph doesn't have a great reputation as an employer (just ask Wade, or Polian, or AJ Smith, or Mularkey), and worse, he's likely to die soon - without any succession plan. I'm not sure I'd like to work for an erratic owner, with the added threat of a new owner likely to come on board with new ideas for managing the team. It's not a recipe for success.

He'll go down as one of the worst head coaches in Bills history, and that's a major accomplishment with all the awful ones over the years. What a total failure.

There is a reason why he didnt get a HC job in Pittsburgh in his prime. He doesnt fight with the refs on the clear fumble in the redzone. He has no intensity

Could Jim Kelly do a worse job than this mess? And what a great movie it would make if we do make the playoffs with Jimbo, Talley, Thurman and some of the other guys with the grit and passion from the trenches with no coaching experience!

That would have good comedic value I suppose. The Bills are a laughing stock already. Can you imagine how much more of one they would be putting someone with absolutely no experience in the HC position of an NFL team? If the goal is to have the national media talk about Buffalo, that would certainly get it done. But not in a way any Bills fan should want.

They should cut the OC and donate his salary to some charity. Because he's useless.

What they really should do is let him call the plays, and have Chan take over as head coach. He has no idea what his defense is doing. He has no idea what's going on with special teams. He needs to be the head coach, and let his offensive coordinator take over.

Chan was asked, do you regret not running the ball more? His answer; I always make wrong calls during the ball game. That happens all the time!!!! You have got to be kidding me? Wow only in Buffalo does this loser of a coach keep his job. If no one believes he said it check out his presser on the Bills site.

Should he have said, "No, all my calls are perfect for the situation. I never make mistakes?"

Not that I'm defending him, but get serious.

He'll go down as one of the worst head coaches in Bills history, and that's a major accomplishment with all the awful ones over the years. What a total failure.

Harvey Johnson

John Rauch

Kay Stevenson

He's got a long way to go yet.

Ah, but there's the ownership problem. Ralph doesn't have a great reputation as an employer (just ask Wade, or Polian, or AJ Smith, or Mularkey), and worse, he's likely to die soon - without any succession plan. I'm not sure I'd like to work for an erratic owner, with the added threat of a new owner likely to come on board with new ideas for managing the team. It's not a recipe for success.

What if you got a contract that was guaranteed, as most are? Owner dies - new owner fires you - you take the money and go back to work as a coordinator. How would being the HC in Buffalo be bad for a coordinator's resume? It did not hurt the career or earning potential of Gregg Williams (3 DC jobs) or Mike Mularkey (OC, HC jobs) at all... on balance it probably helped Dick Jauron's career as well. Wade Phillips, also doing well. Based on the history it seems that being a HC in Buffalo is better than being a coordinator almost anywhere else, and only worse than being a HC at a winning program or perhaps a major college HC.