Anyone Else Still Fantasizing of a Winning Season Still?

I swear being a Bills fan is like a neurologic condition. I continue to catch myself telling my sons, well if we get past the colts through a punishing running game, and sound defense, we can beat the Jags, Rams, and the telling game is the Seahawks in Toronto. We can definintely beat the Jets at home as they are imploding! Then my wife pinches me and tells me to get back to reality (she has been suffering through my delusions for over 12 years), and realize I'll be throwing pretzels at bonehead coaching moves and lackluster play this week.

Am i alone here?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we CAN win every game for the remainder of the year. As I said in the beginning of the season, it ALL depends on Gailey and his playcalling. Is he going to be stubborn and refuse to run, refuse to use CJ, refuse to come to the realization that Fitz isn't Tom Brady? If you believe he will do one of these things, then we won't win.

I really hope the snow hits hard starting next week. High winds. Blizzard conditions. More running less throwing in games mean we win.

I'm was just about to start the same thread. I'm can't believe I'm excited for this weekend's game. I really believe the Bills can win out and make the playoffs. At the same time, I know they probably won't, but I'm going to watch every play and pray for the best. It's what makes us fanatics. Or are we fans and addicts?

Not to one up you but I was having a conversation with my cousin last weekend and I told him that if we made the playoffs, I think we'll go to Foxboro and win in round 1. It's sickness I know but I'm it could happen.

I think it's time for Bills nation, collectively, to get over themselves.

The Bills are 2 games back from the playoffs.

The 2 teams that currently hold the wild card spots are

the steelers: down to their third string qb

the colts: remaining games against the texans twice, the lions, and yes, us.

Is the bills record bad? Yes, it is. BUT if you watch the games, you can take away a few things:

1) the week 1 game against the jets--fitz had a terrible first half, his worst half of football this year. we lost to them, yes, but a road divisional game in week 1 is hard, and we played significantly better against them in the second half. i think we are the better team, and will beat them at home week 17.

2) two losses to the patriots -- could have won either of those games, or both of them. had a big lead in the first game, and were driving to win the second game. have you watched the patriots this year? to think that we are closer to the patriots than we are to the rest of the league is heartening.

3) losses to the texans and 49ers - the 2 best teams in football. played each of them well for a half, BOTH ON THE ROAD. idk what to say about these games, these 2 teams are the class of the nfl. i dont feel bad about not being able to go on the road and beat them.

4) 1 loss to the titans--in my opinion, the only game this year that as a bills fan, you have any merit b*tching about. we should have won that goddamn game, and it kills me that we didnt. but its not like we were blown out, we lost at the last second. our defense played terrible that day, and mario was playing hurt.

so through 10 weeks, we had 1 stinker of a game, now we have the easy part of our schedule.

Just try to enjoy the next 6 weeks. Even if we lose this week, we can still catch pittsburgh.

I fall for it every year...hook, line and sinker...just telling my buddy last Thursday...so, instead of getting hot at the begining of the season (like 2008 & 2011) maybe we get hot at the end of the season, just in time to get one of those playoff spots...

Just keep rooting for the Steelers, Colts, Dolphins, Titans, Bengales, Jets, and Chargers to lose...and keep winning...it doesn't seem so daunting a scenario as it did just a month ago. Just have to be one of the two teams standing from that group, six weeks from now, and end this playoff drought. You look at the schedules, and take into consideration some of the injuries that some of that group have suffered, and it seems even less daunting...of course the Bills still have to win.

I was really encouraged by the defenses' play against the Dolphins. It may end up being an abberation, but I think that was, by far, their best defensive effort of the season...can they do it against a better offense than the Dolphins? Don't know for sure...but I got a good feeling from that Phins game...time to get the momentum rolling....

Edited by Buftex

My biggest fear is that we go in to the Jets game 9-6 with a win and we're in scenario, just to get my heart ripped out yet again.

Still remember post game tailgait in the Hammer lot after losing to the Steelers' second string, listening to the Rams (or was it the Saints?) drive in overtime to beat the Jets and saying "We could be so pumped right now" (we needed to win and the Jets to lose to make the playoffs).

Other scenarios too numerous to mention, every time we're ready to give up on a game or season, seeing a gilmmer of hope, then bam!

As the OP says, being a Bills fan is a neurological condition.

Is it impossible...considering who we play the rest of the season- not at all. Is it likely?- considering the problems we've had all season probably not. I'm taking this one game at a time. If we beat the Colts our schedule gets easier week by week. Just get to .500 and the ball is in our court. I'm not saying I "Billieve" but there's still hope

Edited by Stealth

Can they end with a winning record this season? I think Yes

Will they make the playoffs with that winning record? I'm a bit more iffy on that one

This Bills team is a team that is grossly underachieving (especially on defence) right now. They have the talent on both offence and defence to have a chance against anyteam in this league (Not every team has pro bowlers at every position and no holes to their team). If the defence turned the corner against Miami and start playing as they were expected to when they were assembled this offseason, things will change around here. Even in the loss to the Pats and the Texans, the Bills hung in and played close enough to pull out a win. They also seem to be getting healthier each week, unlike their usual of talent dropping like flies onto IR

The Colts seem to be a team that is the opposite, they are a team thats overachieving right now and playing better then they should be when you look at the talent they have.

The Jags are a very beatable team right now, and the Rams have been beaten the last 2 weeks pretty badly. The Seahawks are a good team, but nothing the Bills can't/shouldn't beat. If they play like they should, the season will most likely come down to the final game against the Jets which by that time, most of the Jets players and staff will be playing for their jobs, and it will be up to the Bills team to make sure they take care of business

I swear being a Bills fan is like a neurologic condition. I continue to catch myself telling my sons, well if we get past the colts through a punishing running game, and sound defense, we can beat the Jags, Rams, and the telling game is the Seahawks in Toronto. We can definintely beat the Jets at home as they are imploding! Then my wife pinches me and tells me to get back to reality (she has been suffering through my delusions for over 12 years), and realize I'll be throwing pretzels at bonehead coaching moves and lackluster play this week.

Am i alone here?

8-8, no playoffs. Between the Bengals, Colts, and Steelers- and maybe the Chargers- we aren't going anywhere.

My guess is that we lose to the Colts and Seahawks. We look like we've corrected a bunch of the mistakes we were making earlier, but this team isn't consistent or good enough to go 6-0 or 5-1. The three losses to N.E. and Tennessee are truly a shame.

Edited by ny33

Was the defensive performance against the Dolphins simply a case of an underachieving defense getting their adrenaline up for a primetime game, against a pretty mediocre (bad?) offense?

OR- was it a case of things finally falling into place for the unit? I am banking on the latter...the Bills defense looked ****ty, earlier in the season agains equally bad offenses, and bad O-lines, and couldn't dominate when they should have. Maybe having Kyle Moore and Shawne Merriman getting a little more time really is a key.