Gronk may have broken wrist

Pirate Angel

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Really though, it's kind of dumb that they kept him out there that long. They didn't need him for the extra point. They already had 58 points.

This. It's not kind of dumb. It's monumentally, hubristically stupid. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving team or coach.

I missed the end of that game. So how did Gronk get injured? While the Pats were running up the score?

PTR

If he was injured at 40+ points, coaches got some splainin' to do. What a great opportunity the pats* had to hand Mallett the keys for a quarter...

By all accounts, Gronkowski is a great teammate and one hell of a football player.

But Belichick is to blame for having starters on the field in the 4th quarter when the score was 58-24.

The great wheel of karma rolls on.......

eh, he was blocking for the final extra point. Fluke thing that I won't lose any sleep over. To the poster who mentioned getting Mallett some playing time...I guess that aint the bb way, but you're right. Give the guy some snaps here and there when games are in hand.

his inclusion on the extra point team in general is strange. his inclusion on the extra point team at that stage in the game is laughable.

i bet he only misses two weeks.

I heard on the radio that he could be out for 4 weeks.

He was in on a meaningless EXTRA point play up by a gazillion points.

Ahhh the hubris of Bellycheat.

Since injuries are completely random, Belichick does not gameplan to them. He only worries about the things he can control. And that is the way it should be.

Gronk is a part of the extra point team because extra points are important. Having a cohesive unit on extra points helps ensure that the unit doesn't end up losing a game because of a blocked extra point.

Belichick has never made an exception to this and I doubt he ever will.

Belichick's philosophy is "Football Players Play Football." That includes extra points. It's worked to the point of being a dynasty thus far for him so it's kinda silly to blame him for such a philosophy!

Since injuries are completely random, Belichick does not gameplan to them. He only worries about the things he can control. And that is the way it should be.

Gronk is a part of the extra point team because extra points are important. Having a cohesive unit on extra points helps ensure that the unit doesn't end up losing a game because of a blocked extra point.

Belichick has never made an exception to this and I doubt he ever will.

Belichick's philosophy is "Football Players Play Football." That includes extra points. It's worked to the point of being a dynasty thus far for him so it's kinda silly to blame him for such a philosophy!

Again I say HUBRIS

59-24 again that was 59-24 You BENCH the starters after they scored their 40th point.

Again I say HUBRIS

59-24 again that was 59-24 You BENCH the starters after they scored their 40th point.

Who's on your backup fg team? It can be argued that gronks valuable enough to throw any scrub in his place there but I imagine there's not a ton of depth in that unit.

That's not Belichick's philosophy though!

then he deserves every injury the team sustains. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gronkowski was injured on the Patriots' final extra point with 3:55 remaining in the fourth quarter. Not a Field Goal.

An exact timetable for Gronkowski's return is unknown, but NFL.com reported Sunday night that the player has told people he will miss four to six weeks.

http://espn.go.com/b...nd-patriots-win

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever