Gronk may have broken wrist

Pirate Angel

The guy is injury prone. This was known way back in college. He broke down during the playoff run last year. If the pats are counting on him to be an integral part of their offense long term it's just bad planning on their part.

What!?! so having his leg rolled up by Pollard last year was an "injury prone" thing?? And a Broken Forearm in a fluke play (although I will not be shocked if it comes out he played most of the game with the break.) and he is injury prone.

Oh and FYI his ONE injury in college was a neck one which scared teams off.. not that he was injury prone..

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

then he deserves every injury the team sustains. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gronkowski was injured on the Patriots' final extra point with 3:55 remaining in the fourth quarter. Not a Field Goal.

Again, it's not Belichick's philosophy to replace starters on the FG unit. Heck, I can't imagine any HC would ...... if he had enough players available to even consider doing so.

Chastising Belihchik for keeping Gronk in on the FG unit after the fact is silly.

What!?! so having his leg rolled up by Pollard last year was an "injury prone" thing?? And a Broken Forearm in a fluke play (although I will not be shocked if it comes out he played most of the game with the break.) and he is injury prone.

Oh and FYI his ONE injury in college was a neck one which scared teams off.. not that he was injury prone..

didn't he also have back surgery while in college? I thought that was why he missed an entire season, and that concerns about his back caused his draft stock to fall?

So does anyone have any thoughts on the great Andrew Luck dropping a turd like this? If it were Fitz and the Bills giving up 59 we'd be on suicide watch.

PTR

My thoughts are that:

(a) he's a rookie;

(b) he's probably going to be a perennial Pro Bowler;

© While the Colts had a bad game in all 3 facets, I'd rather be 6-4 than 4-6.

What is the point of this?

This is actually bad news for us, in terms of playoffs. Unless by some chance the Pats lose out and we win the AFC East. I assume, at this point, we are looking at the wild card, and as such, need the Pats to do well to end the season.

So does anyone have any thoughts on the great Andrew Luck dropping a turd like this? If it were Fitz and the Bills giving up 59 we'd be on suicide watch.

PTR

A rookie QB gave up 59 points?

My thoughts are that:

(a) he's a rookie;

(b) he's probably going to be a perennial Pro Bowler;

© While the Colts had a bad game in all 3 facets, I'd rather be 6-4 than 4-6.

What is the point of this?

Ah the excuses. My point is that people are willing to explain away bad games for players on pedestals, especially when they play for other teams. If Luck were a Bill we'd be tossing the dreaded B-word today.

How many points off turnovers? By a secondary that Fitz, of all people, lit up last week?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Gronk is a part of the extra point team because extra points are important. Having a cohesive unit on extra points helps ensure that the unit doesn't end up losing a game because of a blocked extra point.

Because of that philosophy, does that mean the PAT unit will have no cohesiveness now since backup-TE Visanthe Shiancoe hasn't gotten live action blocking on the extra points?

Of course not. Silly argument. Having your starters in late in a blowout game is greedy and foolish. Period.

Edited by Golden Wheels

Ah the excuses.

I understand your cheerleader shtick, but really, do you know how foolish you sound trying to justify yet another mediocre season by the Bills? You're comparing a team that went from 2-14 last season, to 6-4 through 10 games this season, with one of (if not the) best young QBs in the game to the Bills? Really?

Ah the excuses. My point is that people are willing to explain away bad games for players on pedestals, especially when they play for other teams. If Luck were a Bill we'd be tossing the dreaded B-word today.

How many points off turnovers? By a secondary that Fitz, of all people, lit up last week?

PTR

Not sure what you're argument is... that a rookie is worse than Fitz? That Luck has less potential? Or are you just trolling?

If it were a non-superstar player, then I think an argument could be made for him being in the game.

But the guy is a SUPERSTAR.

On top of that the Cheatriots*** run a two tight end offense in which Gronk is THE critical component. This offense has been deadly effective because then don't have to change personnel to morph from a run team to a pass team and visa versa.

After Brady and maybe Wilfork, he's the most important player on the team.

As such yes, it's a bit odd that he's on the field for a late game, blowout extra point. Any backup O-lineman, D-lineman, backup tight end or backup linebacker could have taken his spot.

Gronk is not just another player.

Because of that philosophy, does that mean the PAT unit will have no cohesiveness now since backup-TE Visanthe Shiancoe hasn't gotten live action blocking on the extra points?

Of course not. Silly argument. Having your starters in late in a blowout game is greedy and foolish. Period.

It's Belichick's philosophy not mine. I might add it's Belichick's very successful philosophy.

Look, I can't imagine a single HC in football ever takes a player out of the PAT lineup because he fears said player might get injured. For starters, getting injured on a PAT is such a fluke incident I can't imagine it even registers on their radar. Second, there are not enough roster spots on game day to allows for substitution.

Being critical of Belichick in this instance is beyond silly.

If it were a non-superstar player, then I think an argument could be made for him being in the game.

On top of that the Cheatriots*** run a two tight end offense in which Gronk is THE critical component. This offense has been deadly effective because then don't have to change personnel to morph from a run team to a pass team and visa versa.

As such yes, it's a bit odd that he's on the field for a late game, blowout extra point. Any backup O-lineman, D-lineman, backup tight end or backup linebacker could have taken his spot.

He is on the Patriots. That's the point being missed. Belichick's philosophy is that all players are key components to the cog. Even those on the PAT team.

I understand your cheerleader shtick, but really, do you know how foolish you sound trying to justify yet another mediocre season by the Bills? You're comparing a team that went from 2-14 last season, to 6-4 through 10 games this season, with one of (if not the) best young QBs in the game to the Bills? Really?

I know this stuff is way over your heads...I'm not defending the Bills or Fitz. I'm pointing out how arbitrary your fan worship is for certain players. Two players can play similar games yet one is great and the other bum because of the pre-ordained reps players have. So all of your opinions are colored by hype.

I hoped you could see that.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

didn't he also have back surgery while in college? I thought that was why he missed an entire season, and that concerns about his back caused his draft stock to fall?

No was all a neck thing, Vomer (a olineman) was the one with the back issues in college.. and now the pros but is a great Olineman ..Gronk missed a season w a neck injury always a scary injury.. but he been a monster since.. and I am not worried imagine this O COMPLETLY HEALTHY.. (gronk,hernandez,welker,Lloyd, Now Elderman damn!!)

PTR

QBs have bad days, especially rookies. Matt Ryan threw 5 picks yesterday but I'm not going to put him in Fitz's class either.

The difference is, guys like Luck and Ryan can carry their teams (and their records show it).

The guy is injury prone. This was known way back in college. He broke down during the playoff run last year. If the pats are counting on him to be an integral part of their offense long term it's just bad planning on their part.

Yeah they should probably lock up Hernandez long term, oh yeah they did that. They should go out and sign a veteran TE, oh yeah they did that too.

Well, you can argue he gave up 21 -- two INTs returned for TDs and a fumble recovered at the Indy 24 (TD to Gronk one play later).

Luck looked like a rookie yesterday -- against a bad secondary. That said, the kid has poise and I'm certain he will bounce back; just hope it isn't next week.

Well, you can argue he gave up 21 -- two INTs returned for TDs and a fumble recovered at the Indy 24 (TD to Gronk one play later).

Luck looked like a rookie yesterday -- against a bad secondary. That said, the kid has poise and I'm certain he will bounce back; just hope it isn't next week.

Fair enough. I can accept that argument. But I'm not sure I understand the Luck/Fitz comparison (or any rookie QB to Fitz, really). It's going to take a couple of years to figure out if Luck is the real deal or not, but as of right now he certainly looks the part.

That being said, in Fitz's defense, he's played pretty well over the last handful of games. If he keeps it up for the rest of the year, I'll be relatively happy, though it would probably still mean missing the playoffs.

I know this stuff is way over your heads...I'm not defending the Bills or Fitz. I'm pointing out how arbitrary your fan worship is for certain players. Two players can play similar games yet one is great and the other bum because of the pre-ordained reps players have. So all of your opinions are colored by hype.

PTR

right, this had nothing to do with defending the Bills.

Do you have any kids? If so, do you care more about their grades, or the grades of the kids who live down the street?

No was all a neck thing, Vomer (a olineman) was the one with the back issues in college.. and now the pros but is a great Olineman ..Gronk missed a season w a neck injury always a scary injury.. but he been a monster since.. and I am not worried imagine this O COMPLETLY HEALTHY.. (gronk,hernandez,welker,Lloyd, Now Elderman damn!!)

\

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id/7230/gronkowski-its-right-to-go-now-to-nfl

id be curious to see the play in question - none of the highlight shows i saw had it cued up last night.

with it being an extra point in a landslide its a little strange to have an injury like that. i suspect that, as someone else mentioned, that it may have come at another point in the game.

a broken forearm seems like it would take more pressure/a bigger hit than that situation warrants - unless the guy across from him was especially angry at the situation, or it was just a freak thing that caught just right.

if your going to argue he shouldnt be out there for a PAT with a big lead, id venture the same argument could be made on any PAT.

PTR

or ones a long time vet that has a pretty predictable track record with a limited skill set and the other is a rookie with all the tools in the world to succeed trying to put it together.