Gronk may have broken wrist

Pirate Angel

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said....every player has a predetermined rep that colors how their performance is viewed. How was Sam Bradford vs the Jets? Pretty awesome I bet.

PTR

while i agree that it has an effect on how we view guys - i also think fitz vs luck is an odd place to dig in on this argument.

QBs have bad days, especially rookies. Matt Ryan threw 5 picks yesterday but I'm not going to put him in Fitz's class either.

The difference is, guys like Luck and Ryan can carry their teams (and their records show it).

There's no doubt I'd trade Fitz for either guy in a second. But I just hate the complete vacuum we put QBs in. There are probably like 3 in the league who can single handedly carry a team. Luck has played one of the easiest schedules in the league. Ryan has maybe the best receiving core in the game and a very servicable defense.

Both of those guys have much higher upsides than Fitz. But it could be argued with the defense we have, neither would have much of an impact on our record.

Unfortunatly he is my TE on my Fantasy Team praying Jermaine Gresham has a 4 week break out period. (On a side note wishful thinking)

Gresham has quietly been a breakout player. I know because I've had to start him all year in place of Hernandez :bag: . He does better in a ppr so I hope that's what you're playing...

Gresham has quietly been a breakout player. I know because I've had to start him all year in place of Hernandez :bag: . He does better in a ppr so I hope that's what you're playing...

Unfortunately the league I play in gives points for Yards and TD. I did pick him up during NE bye week and he did well, but will be hard to replace Gronk

Edited by billsfaninky

Its about time the Paties ego has bitten them. Bellicheat always leaves his starters in to run up the score when he has the game in the bag, which obviously leaves his players open to injuries. This time, it cost him his best offensive weapon. I hate seeing injuries and I really like Gronk, but its about time the Pats got what they deserved. Too bad it wasn't Brady.

I'm pretty glad now that we didn't draft him. No way an injured Gronk helps us get to .500 let alone the playoffs!!!

-Buddy Nix, you did right passing over him.

Only the Bills could not clear a HOF caliber player with back injuries, only to draft a well below average, who has also suffered from chronic back injures since college, and whom they did clear, only to have the player they passed on be 100% fine while the player they did take has been IR'd every season he has been in the league, because of his back injuries. Doh!

Its about time the Paties ego has bitten them. Bellicheat always leaves his starters in to run up the score when he has the game in the bag, which obviously leaves his players open to injuries. This time, it cost him his best offensive weapon. I hate seeing injuries and I really like Gronk, but its about time the Pats got what they deserved. Too bad it wasn't Brady.

C'mon, let's be serious here shall we! When was the last time you saw a HC replace a player on the point after team?

C'mon, let's be serious here shall we! When was the last time you saw a HC replace a player on the point after team?

Oh I dunno. I've seen starters out of a game when their team was up by 34 points with 3:55 left in the game.

But I admit that it is common for coaches not to break up the unit he has routinely doing PATs, so as far as that is concerned I stand corrected.

But why were Brady and Gronkowski still in the game on the drive before the score? The game was virtually over at that point.

Edited by Golden Wheels

Being happy about injuries is a douchebag move.

Not when the player hurt himself being a douchebag, pal.

Gronk broke his arm blocking on an extra point when the Pats were running up the score for no reason like they always do.

So !@#$ Gronk and his broken arm.

But why were Brady and Gronkowski still in the game on the drive before the score? The game was virtually over at that point.

Some coaches like to keep their guys in longer than others.

Harbaugh did so just last week when the Ravens pasted 55 on the Raiders. Heck, he even faked a FG when up big late in that game! And, Sean Payton does it all of the time. Remember the Saints scoring 60+ on the helpless Colts last year? And Dungy and Manning ran the score up all of the time in their heyday.

Maybe they all believe that it's up to the other team to lineup and stop us ..... right down to the final seconds?

Edited by Pneumonic

Harbaugh did so just last week when the Ravens pasted 55 on the Raiders. Heck, he even faked a FG when up big late in that game! And, Sean Payton does it all of the time. Remember the Saints scoring 60+ on the helpless Colts last year? And Dungy and Manning ran the score up all of the time in their heyday.

Maybe they all believe that it's up to the other team to lineup and stop us ..... right down to the final seconds?

"Every team does it."

NO team does it as often as the Patriots have and with the mailice they exhibit during the process.

So you are saying you would not give much?

He has a broken forearm not wrist.

I have had the injury, broke mine playing football.

Broke cast on someone's head who decided he could bully me and was suspended for picking guy up and holding him with good arm over railing.

Hammer probably heard about that when he was in school. :)

i'm just saying MY nuts are more valuable than Gronk on the Bills' roster. :)

if your going to argue he shouldnt be out there for a PAT with a big lead, id venture the same argument could be made on any PAT.

Actually, I can see a justification for Gronk being on the field goals team as once in awhile a field goal attempt is faked and who more would you want in that situation than a superstar offensive player who can block and catch?

However I don't see the justification for him being in on any extra points because he is a superstar and why risk an injury?

Also I do not buy that there's not another person on their roster who could perform the same duties on extra points. And in fact, the truth of that is that Gronk will not be on FG/extra point duty for several weeks.

I'm trying to remember when Jerry Rice was used as a gunner… when Eric Dickerson was used as an upback on the punt team… in other words, Gronk is not just a "player." He's a superstar who is vital to the team's offense. A guy like that should be exposed to injury as little as possible.

My theory on modern day football coaches is this: Most of them are total effin' a-holes. All the guys you mention and many others like Parcells fall into this category.

This doesn't mean that I don't have great respect for them as coaches. BUT it does mean that they are a-holes and so something like running up the score is something they would have no qualms about doing.

Now someone like Joe Gibbs, Mike Tomlin or John Harbaugh? Different animal.

So I don't buy that it's okay to do just because there's a few successful guys that do it.