Bills need a #2 Receiver

mdk

While Donald Jones has made some improvement he hasn't made enough of an impact to suggest he's the answer at #2 WR. His drops in the NE and Miami games in the end zone were tough but catchable balls. IMO he's not ready for prime time and a longer term answer needs to be found to playmaker Stevie Johnson.

Donald Jones is good at catching balls that are well thrown that he doesn't have to reach or jump or dive for. He can catch it also if he's not tightly covered. He can't however go up in a crowd and bring it in or make a tough catch. The kind of catch I see other teams WRs make all the time. You need a guy like that. If DJ pulls in that one in the 1st half it doesn't even come down to all the late game theatrics. If he catches that one in NE it could have been different. He had done better this year than I expected, but we need a better player who can make the tough catches there IMHO.

Edited by reddogblitz

Donald Jones is good at catching balls that are well thrown that he doesn't have to reach or jump or dive for. He can catch it also if he's not tightly covered. He can't however go up in a crowd and bring it in or make a tough catch. The kind of catch I see other teams WRs make all the time. You need a guy like that. If DJ pulls in that one in the 1st half it doesn't even come down to all the late game theatrics. If he catches that one in NE it could have been different. He had done better this year than I expected, but we need a better player who can make the tough catches there IMHO.

Perfectly put... agree!

My 2 candidates from the draft from RD1:

[b]Justin Hunter[/b] Tennessee 6'4" 205 ----18.5 ypc average, recov torn ACL, McShay's top WR, think "A.J. Green w/better fluidity, body control, & route savvy", ability to explode off line, read/react to CB leverage, adj's route well.

[b]Terrance Williams[/b]  Baylor 6'1" 190----  22.1 ypc average, I have him way higher than DraftTek; DraftScout's top WR. 

My 2 candidates from RD2:

[b]Tavon Austin [/b] West Virginia 5'9" 176  AVG 11.7, DS's #3 WR, small, one of the fastest players in draft, shifty, 200+ yards 3 TD vs MD, Geno Smith's his QB

[b]Cordarrelle Patterson[/b](Jr.)[size=4] Tennessee 6'3" 205  earned praise as the #1 JUCO recruit in the country, average 41.9 yards per kick return at Hutchinson C.C., catches with hands away from body, [color=#2C2C2C][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]leads SEC with 1,292 all-purpose yards.[/font][/color][/size]