Spiller is effing rediculous

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me it's hard to tell since its been so long since I've seen any of the guys in about to compare him to. But, Priest Holmes, Marshall Faulk, Barry Sanders, and Ladanian Tomlinson all come to mind. He could be as good as all of them IF..... Chan would just feed him the damn ball.

I'm sure Chan will have some interview talking about how we need to keep finding ways for CJ to get involved yet then, just like tonight, he'll remove him from the field of play inside the 20s. It was absolutely criminal how Chan handled the run game by Spiller tonight.

Yup his ypc went down, but jesus he controlled the game. FEED SPILLER and we'll win more often than not

Absolutely.

Why in the world was Tashard Choice in the game so much?

Giving Spiller a breather for a play is one thing, but having him on the sideline for 3-4 consecutive plays is ridiculous.

How much more does Spiller need to prove that he can make plays if you give him the ball?

He's the fastest NFL player I've ever seen. He plays much smarter than his first 2 years

+1

I don't think the comparisons to Barry Sanders etc are out of line. Although I don't think he's got Barry's crazy moves, he's way faster. I think he's OJ or Gale Sayers. Or can be, at least.

I love CJ, but honestly, I thought he had a pretty bad game last night - he really reverted to trying to take too many cuts.

Beyond what even Mayock was pointing out, I saw a bunch of cases where holes were there if he just ran straight ahead, but he got himself running sideways too often and waited too long to turn up field.

There was one point last night when I thought that CJ must be in Chan's doghouse the way he was being used (or misused, actually). Chan's obsession with the passing game is maddening. On one drive (don't remember which one) where the got all the way down into the red zone, I think I had counted a single running play.

CJ's got the quickest feet in the league, and he does remind me of Barry Sanders the way he can dances & make cuts. He's learned to be patient looking for holes to open up which makes him so effective. If he can stay injury free, sky is the limit. What a weapon.

CJ's got the quickest feet in the league, and he does remind me of Barry Sanders the way he can dances & make cuts. He's learned to be patient looking for holes to open up which makes him so effective. If he can stay injury free, sky is the limit. What a weapon.

He is very, very good...but until he's able to handle the ball 20-30 times per game, game in game out, whether rushing or receiving he'll never reach the sky. We can argue all day about who is to blame for his touches last night. Chan is partially to blame but so is Spiller (he 'admitted' on NFLN after the game that he needed to catch his breath throughout the game) and in a sense so if Jackson. Eight to twelve touches a game does not put you into elite status.

I love CJ, but honestly, I thought he had a pretty bad game last night - he really reverted to trying to take too many cuts.

Beyond what even Mayock was pointing out, I saw a bunch of cases where holes were there if he just ran straight ahead, but he got himself running sideways too often and waited too long to turn up field.

Watching CJ run in the fourth was so frustrating. Literally a drive killer on multiple occasions

He is very, very good...but until he's able to handle the ball 20-30 times per game, game in game out, whether rushing or receiving he'll never reach the sky. We can argue all day about who is to blame for his touches last night. Chan is partially to blame but so is Spiller (he 'admitted' on NFLN after the game that he needed to catch his breath throughout the game) and in a sense so if Jackson. Eight to twelve touches a game does not put you into elite status.

Well, he is pretty to watch & he is the best offensive weapon Bills have. Be thankful that we have him.

Edited by Hsp08

Uh. No.

I totally understand the reluctance to compare him to Barry Sanders. It is too early in his career to say he is, or will be, like Barry. But I have to admit, when he was making some of those cuts, Barry was the runner I thought of, too. He has a similar style and ability. If only we are lucky enough to see that for the next ten years.

Why in the world was Tashard Choice in the game so much?

Giving Spiller a breather for a play is one thing, but having him on the sideline for 3-4 consecutive plays is ridiculous.

How much more does Spiller need to prove that he can make plays if you give him the ball?

I said this in the game thread, but imagine Fred Jackson taking the field in situations where Choice was out there. Similar change of pace, but much stronger, faster, and more versatile. Spiller will run until he is winded from a big play, then Jackson comes and rams it down the throat of a worn out defense.

I'd love to see the offense run that way with both backs healthy, but the distribution should have been better due to having Choice instead of Fred.