Felt Bad For KC Last Night

BuffaloWest

I couldn't help but feel bad for these guys...They are soo much like us...

* They have some talent, mediocre coach and QB

* They have a great fan base

* It has been forever since they were consistently good

* They fought hard for a tough road win that they needed desperately

* They make huge , clutch plays to tie it up at the very end only to get kicked in the nuts with an interception in OT , and the game is over.

That same thing would have happened to us-just like that...

Im not sure why New England and Pitt have suck luck, mojo, horseshoes up their a$$ for so damn long, but we can only hope it is cyclical , and ultimately swings back in favor of the KC's and Buffalo's of the league...In the early 90's KC, Buffalo ruled the FC and Pitt and NE were nothing...

Loved the 1929 Buffalo Bisons references! The more things change , the more they stay the same in old BFLO!

I said this in another thread...the KC play calling is horrible,....makes Chan Gailey look like Bill Walsh in comparison. Romeo Crennel looks like the most clueless guy on the sidelines. He is in no way head coach material. The Chiefs will clean house after the season, draft their franchise QB #1 overall, and start fresh next season. I think they'll be OK. I'm kind of envious.

I couldn't help but feel bad for these guys...They are soo much like us...

* They have some talent, mediocre coach and QB

* They have a great fan base

* It has been forever since they were consistently good

* They fought hard for a tough road win that they needed desperately

* They make huge , clutch plays to tie it up at the very end only to get kicked in the nuts with an interception in OT , and the game is over.

That same thing would have happened to us-just like that...

Im not sure why New England and Pitt have suck luck, mojo, horseshoes up their a$$ for so damn long, but we can only hope it is cyclical , and ultimately swings back in favor of the KC's and Buffalo's of the league...In the early 90's KC, Buffalo ruled the FC and Pitt and NE were nothing...

Loved the 1929 Buffalo Bisons references! The more things change , the more they stay the same in old BFLO!

:thumbsup:

I was laughing my a$$ off when I saw that INT KC had that was later called incomplete pass. Then KC was slapped with an excessive celebration call for 15 yards and first down for Pittsburgh. Then I stopped laughing when I remembered that calls like that happened on the Bills all the time.

I didn't feel bad for KC, I felt bad for myself. A KC win would have knocked out over 50% of the remaining survivor pool members in a couple of huge pools I'm in. Unbelievable how they lost that game -- a bevy of boneheaded mistakes and mental lapses. It was just like watching the Bills.

I was laughing my a$$ off when I saw that INT KC had that was later called incomplete pass. Then KC was slapped with an excessive celebration call for 15 yards and first down for Pittsburgh. Then I stopped laughing when I remembered that calls like that happened on the Bills all the time.

how about when KC scored a nice TD in the 2nd Qtr...only to be called back by a ticky tack holding penalty. Pittsburgh bailed out once again. The good teams like NE & Pitt get the bailout at the most opportune times.

how about when KC scored a nice TD in the 2nd Qtr...only to be called back by a ticky tack holding penalty. Pittsburgh bailed out once again. The good teams like NE & Pitt get the bailout at the most opportune times.

And the ticky tack offensive PI penalty on their last drive of regulation. Almost killed their game tying drive with that one.

p.s. so glad we don't have the replacement refs 'ruining football' anymore.

Edited by KD in CT

It sucks that KC got that 15 yard excessive celebration penalty on a touchdown that was brought back. That didn't seem terribly fair.

No touchdown, no celebration. Cause and effect. Can't have effect without the cause. I don't see how the NFL can take one away but enforce the other.

It sucks that KC got that 15 yard excessive celebration penalty on a touchdown that was brought back. That didn't seem terribly fair.

No touchdown, no celebration. Cause and effect. Can't have effect without the cause. I don't see how the NFL can take one away but enforce the other.

I know, so true. In Chiefs nation they are probably using the rationale that all those strange plays last night will ultimately help them get the #1 overall pick though.

everytime I watch Romeo coach a losing squad I can't help but be reminded of Art Shell's face during his numerous losses.

My friend who's a Steelers fan loves telling the story of when they played the Crennel-coached Browns and the Browns were called for 4 penalties on a single play. Supposedly, Crennel was beyond befuddled.

I said this in another thread...the KC play calling is horrible,....makes Chan Gailey look like Bill Walsh in comparison. Romeo Crennel looks like the most clueless guy on the sidelines. He is in no way head coach material. The Chiefs will clean house after the season, draft their franchise QB #1 overall, and start fresh next season. I think they'll be OK. I'm kind of envious.

And to continue your thought, Cassel is one of the few QBs in the NFL that make me glad that we have Fitz instead.

What makes you think for even a second they get it right?

The refs stole the game from them. Aside from the excessive celebration call, they got bent over and over! Had they won, we would be closer to drafting higher, that's the real travesty. At least Cassel makes Fitz look passable!

You could simply replace KC with Buffalo and everything will hold true.

1. We have a mediocre HC

2. We have a mediocre QB

3. We have a mediocre DC

4. We have some good players on the front 4 that are not tough (Except for Kyle Williams)

5. We have some play makers on offense, but cannot get the ball to them