Fitzpatrick on Spikes: 'I think he's a punk at times'

Lofton80

maybe it's just me, but i'm disgusted by today's loss

Like any of the whiners expected a win in the first place? LOL

Why do all of you whiners stick around? Is it to just B word and moan? If you think the season is over, take a break and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

------------

There is plenty of opportunities to break even in the remeining 7 games.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish that "punk" was on our team. And not that it matters but he was "looking" at what he hit. Isn't that how you are supposed to hit these days? Or doesn't that apply to QB's?

Not me, a cheap shot player on a horrible defense. The NE defense is almost as bad as the Bills, and Spikes is not a solution to their problem.

He better get a huge fine from the league office, and the Refs should be fined for missing the call on Spikes when he hit FJ.

If Nick Barnett or Shep makes that same hit on Brady, he's a hero on this board. Guaranteed.

NO. He gets a HUGE fine from the league and multi-game suspension.

Awesome? Awesome? Lame... Amesome was Jim Kelly throwing a pick against Atlanta and tackling the guy on the sideline and breaking his leg. That was an awesome play by a QB. We are so used to losing this crap is our high point - pathetic!

Unfortunately, Jim Kelly did his share of whining also. The only difference is that the team was winning back then. Fitz was emotional about it and probably let his mouth get ahead of him. I'm not defending Fitz, but I understand why he said what he said. Ultimately, all Spikes has to do is point at the scoreboard.

I know I'm in the minority on this one but looking at the replay, I did not see a penalty.

Looked like a hard but clean hit.

I think a penalty was only called because his helmet came off.

This is what I thought as well. He didn't lead with his head, he didn't "launch" himself at Fitz, he didn't go low. He had his head up, wrapped his arms around him and took him down hard. Yeah, his face mask made contact with Fitz's helmet but he didn't spear him.

This idea that a guy running full speed, trying to get past blocks and tackle a guy who is trying to get away from him can tackle the QB with his head in his chest perfectly every single time is ludicrous.

I saw the play and said, "thanks fot the 15 yards but that looked okay to me."

I suspect that there was significant outrage in the Bills locker room over the cheapshot Spikes gave Chandler in the first meeting. He went out of his way to launch into Scott's head while running beside him under the guise of throwing a block. It wasn't even close to being a case where he targeted the right spot and missed.

It may be a coincidence, but Chandler disappeared from the offense for a few games afterward.

Uhh, too bad that wasn't the context of the "credit" post.

The credit was sticking up for himself, not the context you were refering to either(loss). You should read the OP's 1st entry AGAIN, and quit being such a smartass.

Credit for what - another loss?

The credit was sticking up for himself, not the context you were refering to either(loss). You should read the OP's 1st entry AGAIN, and quit being such a smartass.

This is what I thought as well. He didn't lead with his head, he didn't "launch" himself at Fitz, he didn't go low. He had his head up, wrapped his arms around him and took him down hard. Yeah, his face mask made contact with Fitz's helmet but he didn't spear him.

This idea that a guy running full speed, trying to get past blocks and tackle a guy who is trying to get away from him can tackle the QB with his head in his chest perfectly every single time is ludicrous.

I saw the play and said, "thanks fot the 15 yards but that looked okay to me."

You cant make contact with the QB's head. Thats the rule. I bet if Fitz's helmet satyed on it would have been a non call. But the contact was obvious in this case. The Ref had no choice but to call it.

Sorry but a meaningless token gesture doesn't deserve too much credit in my book. You didn't really think him saying FU man was going to result in a physical confrontation, did you? Saying FU probably happens a hundred times during the course of a game, so getting overly excited and "giving credit" about a player "sticking up for himself" is a little silly, imho. It certainly didn't propel him to the winning TD drive. :doh:

Sorry but a meaningless token gesture doesn't deserve too much credit in my book. You didn't really think him saying FU man was going to result in a physical confrontation, did you? Saying FU probably happens a hundred times during the course of a game, so getting overly excited and "giving credit" about a player "sticking up for himself" is a little silly, imho. It certainly didn't propel him to the winning TD drive. :doh: