Its time for the official changing of the guard at RB...I'm sorry

Big Turk

Spiller is averaging 7.2 yards per carry, Jackson is averaging 3.7 yards per carry...the time has come.

I know Gailey is trying to split carries,but it is becoming obvious with each passing game that CJ is the future of this offense and Fred was the past. Gailey is trying to make sure the team doesn't get upset about one of its leaders being slid into a backup role, but goddammit, isn't the team getting more upset because the obvious better player RIGHT NOW is being sat on the bench for long stretches of time? Aren't they losing some games because Jackson is geting 5 yards on a carry Spiller has the potential to take the distance?

How much longer will Gailey try and deny what everyone else sees...that Spiller is simply a better player at this juncture of his career than Jackson is. And not only that...he is one of the most dynamic, gamechanging backs in the NFL...how can you justify keeping him on the bench??

I see, you see it, the announcers see it, the opposing coaches see it, and I am sure the players all see it. As much as they respect and love Jackson, they want to win and they want the best player possible to help them do that. And that player is CJ Spiller.

The longer this goes with splitting carries, the more the Bills have to lose, and will lose...

Edited by matter2003

Spiller is averaging 7.2 yards per carry, Jackson is averaging 3.7 yards per carry...the time has come.

I know Gailey is trying to split carries,but it is becoming obvious with each passing game that CJ is the future of this offense and Fred was the past. Gailey is trying to make sure the team doesn't get upset about one of its leaders being slid into a backup role, but goddammit, isn't the team getting more upset because the obvious better player RIGHT NOW is being sat on the bench for long stretches of time? Aren't they losing some games because Jackson is geting 5 yards on a carry Spiller has the potential to take the distance?

How much longer will Gailey try and deny what everyone else sees...that Spiller is simply a better player at this juncture of his career than Jackson is. And not only that...he is one of the most dynamic, gamechanging backs in the NFL...how can you justify keeping him on the bench??

I see, you see it, the announcers see it, the opposing coaches see it, and I am sure the players all see it. As much as they respect and love Jackson, they want to win and they want the best player possible to help them do that. And that player is CJ Spiller.

The longer this goes with splitting carries, the more the Bills have to lose, and will lose...

Yet Another moronic post on running backs. If you read yesterdays classic that Fred should be CUT, you would understand your thought is far from unique. But yea Fred Jackson is the reason the Bills get their asses handed to them on most Sundays. And CJ would have the team at 7-1.

This "thread" should be merged with other ones calling for Freds head.

I agree with you except for the last part of your post. I don't think that Freddie and CJ splitting carries is causing the Bills to lose. I do agree that CJ does give us the best chance to win as he has the ability to turn any touch into a TD, but I do also think that Freddie gives us a nice option to come off the bench and change the pace (which is what I think you are getting at). Time for CJ to do what he does!

Yet Another moronic post on running backs. If you read yesterdays classic that Fred should be CUT, you would understand your thought is far from unique. But yea Fred Jackson is the reason the Bills get their asses handed to them on most Sundays. And CJ would have the team at 7-1.

I am not saying Fred should be cut at all...I am saying that CJ should be starting and Jackson should be spelling him when needed. Fred isn't a bad running back at all, he is good. He just isn't quite possible the most explosive, gamebreaking RB in the league like Spiller is. I mean when a RB is averaging more YPC than a running QB like Robert Griffin, that says a lot...its almost unheard of...

A little harsh, don't you think? I don't see the OP calling for anyone's head. Fred, himself, has said it's difficult to get into a groove when the carries are being split. It's pretty much conventional wisdom. So ... if a team, let's just say "The Bills," has two running backs. And one of said running backs is averaging A LOT MORE yards/carry than the other running back ... wouldn't you suggest that "The Bills" feature the better back and give him the bulk of the carries?

Calling that notion moronic is ... well ...

And suggesting that this post should be merged with the other FJ post simply doesn't makes sense. They aren't suggesting the same thing. It would be moronic to think they were.

A little harsh, don't you think? I don't see the OP calling for anyone's head. Fred, himself, has said it's difficult to get into a groove when the carries are being split. It's pretty much conventional wisdom. So ... if a team, let's just say "The Bills," has two running backs. And one of said running backs is averaging A LOT MORE yards/carry than the other running back ... wouldn't you suggest that "The Bills" feature the better back and give him the bulk of the carries?

And suggesting that this post should be merged with the other FJ post simply doesn't makes sense. They aren't suggesting the same thing. It would be moronic to think they were.

Ben Tate is a very good RB too in Houston...but you don't see Arian Foster and him splitting carries...Arian is clearly the starter...same situation, we just don't handle it properly, but that should be nothing new around here

I said there was a post yesterday calling for his head. If you actually think spiller would be game changer and have the teams W/L record significantly better then thats your opinion. I do know he's the last back I would give the ball too in a 3rd down situation and from the 2 yard line. BTW that's been done before and didn't turn out well. Fans here are unreal. The running backs currently the ONLY position of strength should be dominated by one guy, by a coach who doesn't like to run the ball. But yea that will turn the team around.

Edited by Best Player Available

All I know about our backs is that we have the best backfield in the nfl on possibly one of the worst teams, yet we want to be spoiled and trade away a key component. Yes, cj should be the number one but not by much Fred still contributes a TON to this offense and that's something we lack.

GO BILLS!!!

Super Bowl or Bust

If Gailey doesn't give Spiller 20 touches against NE, he should be fired after the game. FJax is a very good rb but SPiller is a game changer. At worst, it should be a 60-40 split in favor CJ. Plus, Gailey needs to figure out how to use both guys more at the same time. If a 12 yo playing Madden can do it, Gailey should as well.

Make all the changes at RB you want, that still does not guarantee that Gailey will call for more running plays.

Why did we draft Spiller if we aren't even going to use him?

I like Gailey as an OC but it boogles my mind. I used to laugh at my Eagle fan friends because they get made that Reid is too pass happy. The Bills might have the most explosive weapon in the league and they don't use him. They used to say that they only person who could contain Michael Jordan was Dean Smith because he stressed a team first offense. Gailey is the only one who can stop CJ Spiller right now.

I like Gailey as an OC but it boogles my mind. I used to laugh at my Eagle fan friends because they get made that Reid is too pass happy. The Bills might have the most explosive weapon in the league and they don't use him. They used to say that they only person who could contain Michael Jordan was Dean Smith because he stressed a team first offense. Gailey is the only one who can stop CJ Spiller right now.

C'mon....they use him as a receiver! :rolleyes:

Seriously, as much as I've loved Fred, you guys may be right. Making Spiller the #1 guy is probably the way to go...but as y'all said, if Gailey would actually run the ball, it might be worth the move. He's just too in love with throwing it and using the RBs in traditional WR spots.

Now, if we can do something about that defense, too...

The only time Spiller is used is when Jackson has been injured. It's nothing but sentimental bs at this point that fans refuse to see it. CJ Spiller should be the bills #1 rb FJax should be the backup. That's not to say Fred can't be productive in this role. Just that their carries should not be split. The offense should be built around Spiller

I said there was a post yesterday calling for his head. If you actually think spiller would be game changer and have the teams W/L record significantly better then thats your opinion. I do know he's the last back I would give the ball too in a 3rd down situation and from the 2 yard line. BTW that's been done before and didn't turn out well. Fans here are unreal. The running backs currently the ONLY position of strength should be dominated by one guy, by a coach who doesn't like to run the ball. But yea that will turn the team around.

It's moronic to think that a HC/OC should start and give the majority of the carries/touches to the teams best RB? Where did he call for Fred's head? Do you not think having the better RB getting more carries/touches would give the team a better chance to win? Did you get into a fight with your significant other that put you in a bad mood? The OPs point is valid and should be addressed. CJ should get more touches than Fred. Right now, he's better. Period.

Ben Tate is a very good RB too in Houston...but you don't see Arian Foster and him splitting carries...Arian is clearly the starter...same situation, we just don't handle it properly, but that should be nothing new around here

Tate's avg is higher than Fosters. Shouldn't Tate be starting? This is crazy. They are different style runners.

Out of all the mountainous problems, this is an anthill.