Its time for the official changing of the guard at RB...I'm sorry

Big Turk

I agree that he is not being utilizd appropriately (blame the OC who is famous for "getting the most out of what he has to work with"). But Spiller has never had 20 carries in a game. He may not be that kind of back.

And as others have pointed out, simply having more Spiller won't translate into more wins, despite the OP's fevered dreams to the contrary. He is labeled as a "gamechanger" yet few games have been changed.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Yet Another moronic post on running backs. If you read yesterdays classic that Fred should be CUT, you would understand your thought is far from unique. But yea Fred Jackson is the reason the Bills get their asses handed to them on most Sundays. And CJ would have the team at 7-1.

This "thread" should be merged with other ones calling for Freds head.

^^^^ This.

Instead of talking about needing better LB's etc, people who don't know football point to probably our biggest strength and try to call it a weakness.

:wallbash:

If Gailey doesn't give Spiller 20 touches against NE, he should be fired after the game. FJax is a very good rb but SPiller is a game changer. At worst, it should be a 60-40 split in favor CJ. Plus, Gailey needs to figure out how to use both guys more at the same time. If a 12 yo playing Madden can do it, Gailey should as well.

ha! Yes it seems as if you should be able to find a way to get them both on the feild at the same time...

I agree with this execept I'd like to see 70-30 split. I sit next to a Clemson grad, and he's losing his mind with the lack of CJ use too.

I have beeen saying this for a long time and im gonna say it again. Both Spiller and Jackson should be playing at the same time all the time and if one of them need a breather put in Choice. Im tired of Chan coaching scared. He said he would like to run an offense like that but he is worried about injurys. Well what that says to me is that he is not to worried about LOSING cause thatºs whats going on right row. Chan get your head out of your AZZ and play your best players together and lets start putting some mismatches on the Fºing field.

Reporting live from Madrid airport the NNS,

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

Make all the changes at RB you want, that still does not guarantee that Gailey will call for more running plays.

Why did we draft Spiller if we aren't even going to use him?

:thumbsup: Honestly, I could care less who is the #1 or #2 running back...both guys are great running backs, who bring their own unique talents to the table. What is most important, IMO, is that both guys get more carries, and the QB throws the ball a little less. Spiller is a "homerun hitter" to be sure, but Jackson is as reliable as they come, and as shifty as they come...this team should be running the ball more, eating up more time on the clock, and winning more games. The stubborn addiction to the passing game, IMO, cost the Bills a game against Tennessee...and nearly cost the team the game in Arizona. It's like driving your Kia Rio to a show off to your friends, while leaving your Lamborghini and your Ford Mustang in the garage.

Fred is def not himself, wether it was the injury last year or this year he doe not seem to have that burst. He used to fall forward for 4 yard gains that looked like 1 yard losses. He seems hesitant, its probably not his fault but Spiller needs to get the bulk with Freddie spelling him. He is still a weapon but needs to be used as such.

Spiller is averaging 7.2 yards per carry, Jackson is averaging 3.7 yards per carry...the time has come.

I know Gailey is trying to split carries,but it is becoming obvious with each passing game that CJ is the future of this offense and Fred was the past. Gailey is trying to make sure the team doesn't get upset about one of its leaders being slid into a backup role, but goddammit, isn't the team getting more upset because the obvious better player RIGHT NOW is being sat on the bench for long stretches of time? Aren't they losing some games because Jackson is geting 5 yards on a carry Spiller has the potential to take the distance?

How much longer will Gailey try and deny what everyone else sees...that Spiller is simply a better player at this juncture of his career than Jackson is. And not only that...he is one of the most dynamic, gamechanging backs in the NFL...how can you justify keeping him on the bench??

I see, you see it, the announcers see it, the opposing coaches see it, and I am sure the players all see it. As much as they respect and love Jackson, they want to win and they want the best player possible to help them do that. And that player is CJ Spiller.

The longer this goes with splitting carries, the more the Bills have to lose, and will lose...

You might be right or you might be wrong, but running back is by far and away not one of the many reasons this team sucks. There are so, so many other problems with this team, that you could have them both in there on each others's shoulders or blindfolded and the biggest problems would still exist. Kinda like a car that won't start and you are wondering which tires to use, it doesn't matter if the car doesn't run. This team has way bigger problems at every other part of the offense 1. the QB sucks 2. the receivers have been ineffective-see problem #1 for part of the reason for that too.

^^^^ This.

Instead of talking about needing better LB's etc, people who don't know football point to probably our biggest strength and try to call it a weakness.

:wallbash:

Better LBs aren't going to get the ball in the endzone when we're on offense. We have a LB problem? You don't say. This thread wasn't about our problems on defense. It's about how our offense might become more effective. Fixing the LB problems don't address having a better running game. Don't be obtuse.

I agree that he is not being utilizd appropriately (blame the OC who is famous for "getting the most out of what he has to work with"). But Spiller has never had 20 carries in a game. He may not be that kind of back.

And as others have pointed out, simply having more Spiller won't translate into more wins, despite the OP's fevered dreams to the contrary. He is labeled as a "gamechanger" yet few games have been changed.

I agree, I am not sure Spiller can be a 20-30 touches a game back and stay healthy. We know he isn't that big, and has already shown he is injury prone to some extent. He is best used in certain situations when he can get his speed outside or in gaps in the defense, because once he gets his speed going he is as dangerous as any back in the game. At the same time, he has proven he cannot be the goal line back and run it up the gut, he doesn't have the push and as we saw against New England, he can fumble when someone twice his size smacks him. I would rather see him run the ball 15 times and catch it 5 times and stay fresh and quick, then I would want to see him worn out by the 4th quarter and the 10th game of the season.

Edited by BuffBill