Demetress Bell's play killing Eagles

I was one that was a little upset when Bell left town. I always thought he was very talented. After watching him tonight on MNF I'm glad he never played another snap for us. His play is atrocious and his penalties are killing any momentum the Eagles manage to get. Remember when our O-Line was one of the worst in the league? I think I know what part of the problem was. BTW he's at RT tonight not LT.

I was one that was a little upset when Bell left town. I always thought he was very talented. After watching him tonight on MNF I'm glad he never played another snap for us. His play is atrocious and his penalties are killing any momentum the Eagles manage to get. Remember when our O-Line was one of the worst in the league? I think I know what part of the problem was. BTW he's at RT tonight not LT.

Eagles line was awful but to the last line - RT is Vicks blindside.

I actually started feeling really bad for Bell because Gruden was hammering him and the camera guys stayed on him and the poor bastard couldn't do anything right. False starts, illegal downfield on a screen, getting turnstiled in protection-- all in prime time on Monday Night Football.

Funny because I remember his issue being health, not skills. Tonite was the opposite, he killed his team by being on the field....

I hate to say it, but our o-line probably looks better with Fitz usually getting rid of the ball fast...

Do you see how quickly Vick gets rid of that ball sometimes? Or how he has to scramble half of the time before getting a pass off? I saw some footage today where Vick took 1.5 seconds to get a pass off - it was an intended short pass - and he got absolutely slammed because a defender ran at him completely untouched. It happened a few times tonight too. Our O-Line is much better than theirs.

Concur. This is fitz's biggest strength. He makes our oline look a million times better than they are.

True and Vick is known for making his o lines look worse than they are. He is always one of the most sacked QBs. I rooted for Bell because he overcame a deadbeat dad and made himself into a borderline NFL starter. I got no hard feelings towards the man at all. Vick and the defense are 2 major reasons the Eagles are losing.

True and Vick is known for making his o lines look worse than they are. He is always one of the most sacked QBs. I rooted for Bell because he overcame a deadbeat dad and made himself into a borderline NFL starter. I got no hard feelings towards the man at all. Vick and the defense are 2 major reasons the Eagles are losing.

Hey Biscuit, it was mentioned that 4 out of the 5 startes are out with injuries, including Jason Peters who was the best LT( or in the top 3 IMO) before blowing out his achilles. That's probably more of a reason for the offensive problems. Vick isn't even getting 2 seconds to pass. The TE tipping a catchable pass for a TD return doesn't help either. having said this, I don't want Vick here.

Edited by Dopey

It is hard to feel bad for either Bell or Jason Peters. They both left the team that took a chance on them when no other team was interested. Peters even dis the Bills after he became an Eagle. Good luck with all the money. But whatever they do now is not my concern.

I hate to say it, but our o-line probably looks better with Fitz usually getting rid of the ball fast...

This Fitz get rid of the ball fast thing is bull ****. The Eagles oline is heartbreaking bad. Fitz can't throw the ball more than 6 yards in front of him, so I will not give him credit for our OL looking good or decent, because with him we may never know. But compared to the Eagles line we are beyond elite status.. I believe if our OL realize the ball was going more then 5 yards in front of them they would be able to hold their own.. So yeah you probably should hate to have said this..

Weren't the Saints blitzing most of the night? I would think Vick and the coaches have some responsibility in recognizing that and then adjusting to it. Can't blame everything on the line.

It's no way in this world you've seen an Eagles game, or highlights of that team. That's not an offensive line, H. Mudd suppose to be a genius at molding an OL, but it's terrible over there. It's almost unreal. Vick get his share of blame, but Jesus they rush four guys last night and still slaughter his ass.. In the end both players screwed the Eagles. Lol good for them..