Patriots Trade for CB Aqib Talib

@TBBuccaneers

The Buccaneers have traded CB Aqib Talib to the New England Patriots. More details to follow.

Nice upgrade at CB for the Pats.

Ugh. This constant "I can fix this problem child!" attitude that they have comes across really smug to me. I hope he works out as well as Albert Haynesworth and Chad Ocho Cino did for them.

Ugh. This constant "I can fix this problem child!" attitude that they have comes across really smug to me. I hope he works out as well as Albert Haynesworth and Chad Ocho Cino did for them.

Well you can't blame him for trying. Everyone here on tbd thinks we draft way to many DBs. The Pats* & Bellicheat have swung and missed on a whole bunch of DBs in the draft. At least this will be an upgrade until he get suspended again.

Hopefully they gave up a 3rd but proabably just a 6 or 7.

Edited by qwksilver

I wonder what they would give us for Mcgee ?? Oh thats right we want to keep him around so he can help the rookies & play at 70% & take up a roster spot in stead of getting more draft picks to boost our draft .

We just keep giving them away T Jack , Carder , & so on !!!

I think they're batting at least .500 with the head cases, though....they seemed to do pretty well with Dillon and Moss. This is a good trade for them, Id say. Talib is a talent...if he gets his head right, this could be a huge trade for them.

ESPN says pats got a 7th rounder and Talib for a 4th rounder

Value wise he ends up late 4 early 5

Dang, thats like us giving up one Mrcus Easly or a Searcy or a Carder.

I don't get why our team values our draft picks so much - all our draft picks tend to suck. Go out and trade for a decent player when you can because a decent player is better than a guy who is off the team and never plays.

I mean come on, A Boldin was a 2nd round trade, and we drafted James Hardy that same year I think. S Holmes was a 5th and we took Easly in the 4th that year. Those are two of the better WRs in the entire NFL, one was a former SB MVP, even if we did strike gold on those picks they prob still wouldn't be as good as AQ and Holmes.

SJ - AQ - holmes is a drity WR core. not bad for a 2nd 4th and 7th

My 2 cents I am glad they TRIED to do something fix an area of need. Even if this fails I think was 100% worth it Talib I have heard (never really seen him play) is VERY good cover Corner but has mostly off field issues. And if he messes up only a 1 yr rental... (or 11 games tops)