Happy Ryan Fitzpatrick Day to you !!

HOUSE

One year ago today (October 28th 2011) Buddy Nix signed Ryan Fitzpatrick to a new contract extension.

Fitzpatrick signed a six year, $59 million contract extension including a $10 million signing bonus with the Bills.

Congratulations Buffalo, Fitz "almost" slipped away in free agency !!! :thumbsup:

http://en.wikipedia....yan_Fitzpatrick

--

--

Edited by HOUSE

One year ago today (October 28th 2011) Buddy Nix signed Ryan Fitzpatrick to a new contract extension.

Fitzpatrick signed a six year, $59 million contract extension including a $10 million signing bonus with the Bills.

Congratulations Buffalo, Fitz "almost" slipped away in free agency !!! :thumbsup:

--

--

:wallbash::censored: :censored: :censored::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Top tier money?

I think it needs to be said for the 10,000th time - Fitz is paid like a middle of the pack QB. The final number sure sounds like a lot but the Bills can actually get out of a lot of it if they decide to cut him after this season.

shhh stop being logical and let the lynching continue :censored:

We should all celebrate today. The Bills did not lose!

Maybe but Fitz was throwing tennis balls to his dog today. He was throwing in the dirt at the dogs feet and overthrowing him constantly. Fitz fanboys say that's his performance was good enough to win playtime with the dog but the defense couldn't make stops so its all the defenses fault. Even though his wife made a key interception late in the game.

--

--

wonder if there are any ways out of Mario's contract.

This is why I refuse to join people on here saying that they need to get it done. All I saw here for the first 5 games of last year was how they needed to extend Ryan and now we are upset because he sucks and it was a bad choice. Then we need to get it done and hire a top teir FA like Mario. They do it and the people talk about it here like they would not have done it. Stop it already! Thats all I got to say about that.

Top tier money?

I think it needs to be said for the 10,000th time - Fitz is paid like a middle of the pack QB. The final number sure sounds like a lot but the Bills can actually get out of a lot of it if they decide to cut him after this season.

but he is not a middle of the pack QB...im debating if he is even a back of the pack QB

Top tier money?

As a % of the cap, Ryan's contract is for less than the 5yr/$25 million deal that Rob Johnson got.

youve got to lock up your best qb unless you have a plan for someone else. we didnt have that. we might atleast have a side step option in jackson.

If we would have let him walk, we would have been fighting for the likes of flynn in free agency or drafting wheeden at 10. Neither promising.

the deal is middle of the pack money with several outs.

im not upset about the contract but i am growing frustrated with the lack of attempts to upgrade the position.