Notre Dame Football

PaattMaann

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Married into an ND family. Went to first big college game today, in South Bend. The whole ND experience was incredible. They handily beat Wake, as expected.

Then came Baylor??? Amazing. But Stanford, too??? I thought for sure my Bills fandom would bring a curse to this team. They fought through it.... to #1!

As much as I'm on board, I'm not counting a win against USC yet. My first sporting heartbreak was when I was 8 years old in 1970 and I thought Theisman's team was going to win it all and they got upset by USC in the last game.

Me either. The Trojans have owned us and are a match up nightmare, despite their record. They're really talented.

Married into an ND family. Went to first big college game today, in South Bend. The whole ND experience was incredible.

The ND game day experience on campus is really special, I'm glad you got to go. People love the school and the community, not just the football. It's what the haters don't understand or appreciate about ND.

Color me a ND hater, but you guys better be praying to your Golden Dome that Michigan beats Ohio State. Because if OSU goes undefeated and you guys win the National Title, there will always be that cloud hanging over.

No there won't. I've been only vaguely aware of OSU's existence this year and no one will remember anything about OSU in 2012 no matter what their record. When was the last time anyone mentioned the 1993 Auburn team?

But I'll be looking for you to bring this up again if Alabama or Georgia ends up winning the NC. ;)

Me either. The Trojans have owned us and are a match up nightmare, despite their record. They're really talented.

UCLA did ND a favor by taking out Barkley, I doubt he plays next week after separating his shoulder yesterday. Without him I don't see how USC has a chance.

No there won't. I've been only vaguely aware of OSU's existence this year and no one will remember anything about OSU in 2012 no matter what their record. When was the last time anyone mentioned the 1993 Auburn team?

But I'll be looking for you to bring this up again if Alabama or Georgia ends up winning the NC. ;)

Don't worry, I'll remind any fans of the eventual National Champs

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! LETS GO IRISH!!!

if Barkley doesnt play on saturday, that spells bad news for the condoms....really, really hoping he is sitting on the sidelines (a couple plays he made in that loss yesterday were INCREDIBLE, and im not necessarily a Barkley lover, but he extends plays and makes great throws - but also makes errors) - any way ya slice it, id prefer they are playing a back up at the most important position on the field....

then wait a month, and championship!!!!!

As always, anything can happen, but one of the most talented coaches in college football against one of the biggest hacks in recent history? I'm expecting a fairly easy ND win.

The NC will be another story though. At this point, no matter who they are up against is going to be very tough.

Edited by Faustus

Color me a ND hater, but you guys better be praying to your Golden Dome that Michigan beats Ohio State. Because if OSU goes undefeated and you guys win the National Title, there will always be that cloud hanging over.

I'm ND neutral, but living in Columbus now...no way. This OSU team would get their asses handed to them by any of the top 6 teams (OSU excepted :D ). I have little doubt that UM will build up OSU into a powerhouse but they are far from that today.

ND has beaten Albama 5 out of thelast six times they played them including Sugar and Orange Bowl games. I like hte history. I am in SEC country and one of the guys I work out this morning complained about strength of schedule. I pointed out to him that while ND was playing Wake Forest on Saturday Alabama played Western Carolina (I've never heard of it either...earlier in the season they played Florida Atlantic.).

I attended the Wake Forest senior day pep rally and game....they do put on one hell of an event at that place.

Guest kabnt2005
ND has beaten Albama 5 out of thelast six times they played them including Sugar and Orange Bowl games. I like hte history.

Last time they met was in 1987, not really relevant history there.

nah not relevant but an enjoyable factoid....and there is a long way to go before the decision about who plays in Miami is actually made. ND still has to be Southern Cal, and Alabama has to win the SEC....I don't understand why nobody is throwing Georgia out as a possible contender.

Isn't AL/GA set as the SEC title game? I think it's pretty clear the winner will play in the championship game.

If ND loses, it'll be a contest among a bunch of undeserving teams and the BCS will naturally pick some random SEC team that didn't even qualify for their league championship game.

Isn't AL/GA set as the SEC title game? I think it's pretty clear the winner will play in the championship game.

If ND loses, it'll be a contest among a bunch of undeserving teams and the BCS will naturally pick some random SEC team that didn't even qualify for their league championship game.

Yes and no. If Bama loses to Auburn, they're still in the SEC Championship game. Yet, they likely would not be in the National Championship game if they beat Georgia. Same thing goes for Georgia if they lose to GT but then beat Bama.

If ND loses, it will then end up being Bama/Georgia vs. Florida (assuming that they all win their remaining games, and Florida has to face a tough FSU team this week).

Edited by kabnt2005

I had heard 90-1. They did start the season unranked.

I don't know if it's going to be Alabama or Georgia, but either way, it's going to be a good game. And I think Irish fans had better be pulling for Alabama. Something about that Georgia team seems very dangerous.

Both of those teams are scary and ND hasn't played anyone like them all year. Not to say they can't win, but those defenses are going to punch them in the face right off the bat. ND is going to have to come up with something special to take that game. IMO, they're better off playing Georgia. Kelly has a leg up on Richt, but the NC game is Saban's home court.

Both of those teams are scary and ND hasn't played anyone like them all year. Not to say they can't win, but those defenses are going to punch them in the face right off the bat. ND is going to have to come up with something special to take that game. IMO, they're better off playing Georgia. Kelly has a leg up on Richt, but the NC game is Saban's home court.

Actually they have played a lot of team like them all year. Oklahoma,Stanford, Pittsburgh and USC to name four. Oregon would have been the one team that they haven't played anyone like all year. Notre Dame has a remarkable defensive front seven and I suspect neither Alabama nor Georgia have played one that strong all year. I would have to give Alabama a slight edge over Notre Dame and Notre Dame a slight edge over Georgia....but I'm rooting for Notre Dame all the way.

• 1 month later...

thought I would dig this bad boy up for all of us Irish fans...

historic night tonight, im feeling pretty nervous right now.....even though we have had a hell of a season, I still hear a lot of people claiming ND isnt for real, and "wait till they play Bama" - well heres the chance

LETS GO ND!!!

thought I would dig this bad boy up for all of us Irish fans...

historic night tonight, im feeling pretty nervous right now.....even though we have had a hell of a season, I still hear a lot of people claiming ND isnt for real, and "wait till they play Bama" - well heres the chance

LETS GO ND!!!

The great day is upon us.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.