Notre Dame Football

PaattMaann

Because it isn't.

FWIW, I think the football program at PSU got royally screwed so a whole bunch of stupid people could feel good about themselves. Much the same way the PSU guy in this thread is an idiot who is tossing a bunch of crap against the wall to try to feel better about himself.

I know it's not. It was a (albeit poorly-conveyed) sarcastic response to his previous statement that the University was funded by a church supporting pedophiles.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trap game this weekend? mannnnn I hope not.....boys need to come to play, and im sure they will

intriguing games as far as national championship implications this weekend: Bama vs LSU, Oregon vs USC....hoping for at least one of the top two to be knocked off...make that road to the ship easier for ND

Go Irish!!

trap game this weekend? mannnnn I hope not.....boys need to come to play, and im sure they will

intriguing games as far as national championship implications this weekend: Bama vs LSU, Oregon vs USC....hoping for at least one of the top two to be knocked off...make that road to the ship easier for ND

Go Irish!!

This should get interesting. Notre Dame should win their next 3(they have Pitt/BC/Wake Forest). That sets the stage for the finale @ the Collesium which imo would be a toss up. K State has a much tougher road to finish undefeated(Home against Oklahoma St/@ Baylor/@ TCU/home to Texas). Alabama has got (@LSU, A&M, W Carolina & Auburn). Then of course if they beat LSU this weekend all likel;yhood an SEC championship game against Georgia. Oregon has @ USC, @ Cal, Stanford & then @ Oregon State & then the Pac 10 championship.

One could argue that Notre Dame has the path of least resistence to an undefeated season. If they do go 12-0 my guess is that they are in the NC even if there is 2 more undefeated teams.

Go Irish!!

You need Oregon to lose, so USC can start gaining some traction, so when ND beats them it will help more in the computers.

Ahh, what a system!!

You need Oregon to lose, so USC can start gaining some traction, so when ND beats them it will help more in the computers.

Ahh, what a system!!

Gotta love a system where by winning a game, you hurt yourself in the eyes of the computers.

What is the deal with Gunner Kiel? Is he redshirted for the year?

GREAT win, way to not give up ND....obviously would have liked that to not even be close...but a win is a win

great question about Gunner Kiel - between Reese and Golson I havent heard a lick about Kiel....FWIW Kiel isnt even listed on ND's official depth chart

a google search turns up zero answers and my ND weekly magazine offers no insight either....

Edited by PaattMaann

I was thinking before the game that ND probably had no better than a 50/50 shot to reach the USC game still undefeated. I'm not surprised Pitt turned out to be such a battle. ND has done this throughout its history -- played amazing against great teams and then struggled against much lesser competition. But I've always thought it had as much if not more to do with opponents getting 'up' for ND as it did with ND having let downs. The problem for ND is that every opponent they play has the ND game circled as one of the 2 or 3 biggest games on their schedule. ND has to be ready to meet a psyched up opponent every week, and that's not an easy challenge.

I was thinking before the game that ND probably had no better than a 50/50 shot to reach the USC game still undefeated. I'm not surprised Pitt turned out to be such a battle. ND has done this throughout its history -- played amazing against great teams and then struggled against much lesser competition. But I've always thought it had as much if not more to do with opponents getting 'up' for ND as it did with ND having let downs. The problem for ND is that every opponent they play has the ND game circled as one of the 2 or 3 biggest games on their schedule. ND has to be ready to meet a psyched up opponent every week, and that's not an easy challenge.

I agree completely...

hopefully the boys come ready to play for the next two weeks and dont look ahead to USC

however...I dont see Oregon/ND/K-State losing.....which means....an Irish Rose Bowl???

It's very Crayonz-esque indeed.

How about two 2-loss teams being ahead ahead of a 1-loss FSU and an unbeaten Louisville in the latest standings? I thought (or so i've been told) that the regular season means everything in college football?

I guarantee at least one of three teams loses. Hope it's not ND. Doesn't K State have to play in a Big 12 Championship game, also?

Nope, no Big Xii(-2) championship game, The candy asses at Texas were too worried about getting their asses kicked in the title game. (And they need 12 teams as well)

I'm fine with any scenario that has at least 2 of the teams remaining unbeaten, and the overrated sec left out in the cold.

Unreal to think that ND can actually go undefeated and not be in the championship game. When would you ever see that but this year?

Also, is there a better tight end in college football than Tyler Eifert? I'd be very hard pressed to find one even close.

Unreal to think that ND can actually go undefeated and not be in the championship game. When would you ever see that but this year?

Also, is there a better tight end in college football than Tyler Eifert? I'd be very hard pressed to find one even close.

Want a bigger reason to hate the poll/BCS? If ND ends up at unbeaten and #3, it won't be because of 2012. It'll be because of 2011. When ND lost to FSU in the Champs sports bowl last year, they dropped in the pre-season rankings this year to #24, with K-state checking in at #21. Had ND hung on to beat us in the Champs bowl last year, they'd likely have started this year above K-state, and probably be #2 now.

So if ND gets shut out of the title game, they lost their opportunity last season. Gotta love that awesome BCS/polling system!

Edited by Ramius

Thank god there is no playoffs this year, who would want to watch Oregon Vs SEC champ, ND Vs KSU, with a winner take all championship game. The ratings for those three games would be terrible. Hoping ND gets in but the way Oregon is playing I don't see them losing and KSU has a pretty easy schedule. Still a great season no matter what and I am hoping Te'o is in a Bills jersey next season.

Want a bigger reason to hate the poll/BCS? If ND ends up at unbeaten and #3, it won't be because of 2012. It'll be because of 2011. When ND lost to FSU in the Champs sports bowl last year, they dropped in the pre-season rankings this year to #24, with K-state checking in at #21. Had ND hung on to beat us in the Champs bowl last year, they'd likely have started this year above K-state, and probably be #2 now.

So if ND gets shut out of the title game, they lost their opportunity last season. Gotta love that awesome BCS/polling system!

I am not so sure that is quite right. Out of Oregon/K State/Notre dame, ND has looked the least impressive. Kansas State has rolled thru their schedule & Oregon has done the same. ND not so much. Barely beat Purdue, needed a gift overtime win to beat Pitt, I believe Stanford game was overtime as well. Did not look all that impressive against a horrible Boston College team just last saturday. If ND looked more impressive in some of their games & it was Kansas State getting taken to overtime every other week, I believe ND would have jumped K State by now.

I am not so sure that is quite right. Out of Oregon/K State/Notre dame, ND has looked the least impressive. Kansas State has rolled thru their schedule & Oregon has done the same. ND not so much. Barely beat Purdue, needed a gift overtime win to beat Pitt, I believe Stanford game was overtime as well. Did not look all that impressive against a horrible Boston College team just last saturday. If ND looked more impressive in some of their games & it was Kansas State getting taken to overtime every other week, I believe ND would have jumped K State by now.

I think you're both right; ND has not scored style points like Oregon or KSU, but there's a long history of teams being hurt by their starting point in the polls. ND didn't jump up high right away and by the time they worked their way up to the top 5, the teams ahead of them were pretty well cemented in there. It's easy to jump people when you are ranked in the teens or twenties, but not so much in the top 5.

But first things first....there is still a lot of football left before bowl selections.

To be completely fair, i do think that Oregon should be the #1, no questions asked. But to say K-State rolled is a bit of a stretch. They struggled against a average Iowa St team and needed a few late scores to win. Both teams played Miami and won handily, but ND thumped Oklahoma while K-State hung on and squeaked by.

I'm not arguing one way or the other, just that the difference between K-State and ND isn't as big as some say. But, as long as 2 of those teams remain unbeaten, and keep the craptastic overrated SEC out of the title game, i'm happy.

So the two best teams can't be in the same division?

That's not really relevant. "Best" is entirely subjective and largely based on pre-season polls.

What is the point of having divisions or conferences at all if a team who is basically 3d in their conference can just be annointed to the championship game?

I just dont see Oregon or KSU losing....unfortunately I think ND gets left out and has to play in the Rose Bowl (cool for sure...but not the ship)

Hmmm....

11-0; finally an easy one.

Good bye KSU, looks like ND will be #2 in the morning.

Alabama --- last year. They didn't even qualify for their conference title game.

Looks like ND will be #1.

Wow.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.