Mario Williams considering wrist surgery (now confirmed)

buffalo1983

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Williams had arthroscopic surgery on his wrist Tuesday, it was much to the surprise of the Bills.

Team sources say Williams was a no-show Monday before he texted a trainer and his defensive line coach to say he was getting a second opinion on his wrist and, subsequently, that he was undergoing arthroscopic surgery.

Then he said he would be back for practice Monday and expects to play next Sunday against his former team, the Houston Texans. -espn

I was quite surprised myself when I saw Chan Gailey's press conference on it. He knew nothing about it. He knew nothing about the procedure nor the the extent of the injury. I literally was saying in my head, "This is really wierd. The head coach should know these things." His lack on info and dumbfoundedness struck me as very puzzling and out of touch.

I would think there would be some repercussions in regards to this for Mario. I didn't think players can just say, "Hey trainer buddy, tell coach I'm not coming to practice this week. I'll be back next week." and not even talk to the head coach about it. It seems as though he has no respect for the team's agenda. Wouldn't you at least talk to the head coach about it? This is wierd. It is clear there is a disconnect between Mario and some important members of the organization. This discord is not good.

Edited by The Voice of Truth

Part of this to me screams that Mario thinks he's above law. Or coaching, whatever. The other part screams that Chan has absolutely no idea what's going in with his team. If that's the case, either he is kept out of the loop of some things from the higher ups, or it could mean that the players don't: 1. Respect him enough to tell him they are injured in the first place. 2. Respect him enough to tell him their injury plans. 3. Respect him at all because they don't agree with his philosophies and feel he is the reason why they suck. 4. Don't respect him at all because they know he will be gone at or before the end of the world. 5. All of the above.

Good for Mario. Take care of yourself, and get ready for when we have a real coaching staff here next year. I'd like any of the following (wish list): Chip Kelly, Brian Kelly, Bill O'Brien, John Gruden)

exactly.

mario accomplishes more in getting out of bed in the morning and brushing his teeth than gailey, fitz, and 90% of our team have COMBINED in their ENTIRE nfl careers. not to say he shouldnt have told the coach, but whats gailey gonna say?

"who are you? oh. well. dont tell me maryo, walk up to the press box and tell wanny, i think hes doing his morning soduku up there. you know i dont care about the defensive side of the ball."

team doctors probably told him he tore his acl or had turf toe when he showed them his wrist anyways.

There have been a couple of ex-Bills who have made remarks after they changed teams. One I remember was Coy Wire when he went to Atlanta (I think).

He remarked how after leaving Buffalo the huge change in experience he went through in regards to the staff, training, doctors, and just the way the franchise was run as a whole. I believe he went as far as saying he had no idea what the NFL really was until he left the Bills.

I wonder in M. Williams isn't experiencing the exact same thing today? Especially coming from the Texans, a certified NFL team. The Bills comments and vagueness are really bothersome with their man Mario.

Agreed.

If your star player is having surgery without even telling the team, that is 99% the fault of the team for being a Mickey Mouse operation that players can't trust.

The NY Mets are another example of a franchise with such widespread incompetence.

Mrags brings up a good point regarding Mario's respect (or lack thereof) for Chan. But, I'll take it one step further. Perhaps quite a few players may have lost respect for Chan. And, if Chan has lost the respect of the player's, I believe it to be due to bringing Wanny in. Wanny thinks he's football royalty and the players see right through it. He's too good to be on the field with his players... he has to be upstairs. When was the last time, if ever, has a Bills DC not been on the sideline during a game?

Mrags brings up a good point regarding Mario's respect (or lack thereof) for Chan. But, I'll take it one step further. Perhaps quite a few players may have lost respect for Chan. And, if Chan has lost the respect of the player's, I believe it to be due to bringing Wanny in. Wanny thinks he's football royalty and the players see right through it. He's too good to be on the field with his players... he has to be upstairs. When was the last time, if ever, has a Bills DC not been on the sideline during a game?

I couldn't answer for buff 100% but its very common.

Sorry but just because the coach is upstairs doesnt mean Wanny thinks he better than the players. Lots of coaches do it. Me thinks your reaching for a reason to hate today

Part of this to me screams that Mario thinks he's above law. Or coaching, whatever. The other part screams that Chan has absolutely no idea what's going in with his team. If that's the case, either he is kept out of the loop of some things from the higher ups, or it could mean that the players don't: 1. Respect him enough to tell him they are injured in the first place. 2. Respect him enough to tell him their injury plans. 3. Respect him at all because they don't agree with his philosophies and feel he is the reason why they suck. 4. Don't respect him at all because they know he will be gone at or before the end of the world. 5. All of the above.

Winner.

exactly.

mario accomplishes more in getting out of bed in the morning and brushing his teeth than gailey, fitz, and 90% of our team have COMBINED in their ENTIRE nfl careers. not to say he shouldnt have told the coach, but whats gailey gonna say?

"who are you? oh. well. dont tell me maryo, walk up to the press box and tell wanny, i think hes doing his morning soduku up there. you know i dont care about the defensive side of the ball."

team doctors probably told him he tore his acl or had turf toe when he showed them his wrist anyways.

Mario is the most overrated DE in the NFL - the only thing he has accomplised is suckering an NFL team into paying him way more than what he is worth. Rodey Harrison was 100% correct when he said mario would disappear playing in Buffalo.

Edited by Azucho98

When Williams had arthroscopic surgery on his wrist Tuesday, it was much to the surprise of the Bills.

Team sources say Williams was a no-show Monday before he texted a trainer and his defensive line coach to say he was getting a second opinion on his wrist and, subsequently, that he was undergoing arthroscopic surgery.

Then he said he would be back for practice Monday and expects to play next Sunday against his former team, the Houston Texans. -espn

This guy is turning out to be the farthest thing from a Bills type player since they tried to draft T . Cousinoe

I thought he would be the one thing we needed to get some pass rush but i went to the NE game at the Ralph & he has made me feel bad for Ralph ! It's almost like buying a Yugo & thinking your getting a BMW !!

It's no wonder Houston let him walk . The best thing in this guys arsenal is his whine list !!

Suck it up big boy your in the NFL !!

Good for Mario. Take care of yourself, and get ready for when we have a real coaching staff here next year. I'd like any of the following (wish list): Chip Kelly, Brian Kelly, Bill O'Brien, John Gruden)

Marc Trestman !!!!!!!!

This guy is turning out to be the farthest thing from a Bills type player since they tried to draft T . Cousinoe

I thought he would be the one thing we needed to get some pass rush but i went to the NE game at the Ralph & he has made me feel bad for Ralph ! It's almost like buying a Yugo & thinking your getting a BMW !!

It's no wonder Houston let him walk . The best thing in this guys arsenal is his whine list !!

Suck it up big boy your in the NFL !!

Marc Trestman !!!!!!!!

Because having surgery to attempt to fix something effecting his play is whining? :face palm:

What is a 'Bills type player'?

One who's drafted in the 5th-7th rd possible college free agent who tries really hard but isn't actually good at anything. 1-3rd rd drafted player who's quote unquote "blue collar/lunch pail". This remains up until they are deemed not worthy of possessing a job in the organization or football if they outplay their rookie contract. If we do keep them they're loved bunches despite their gaping lack of talent and play making ability. See- Chris Kelsay/George Wilson/John Digorgio/Jim Leonhard/Lee Evans. There's some others I'm missing. There are some exceptions for guys who "paid their dues" and can still contribute at a high level. Fred Jackson/Kyle Williams being the two most prominent