Mario Williams considering wrist surgery (now confirmed)

buffalo1983

Have you ever sprained your wrist and tried to pick up even a 10 pound weight? IT sucks bad. I cant imagine trying to push over a 300 lb man. It cant be that bad though. Its only surgery.

I almost sprained my wrist. But I stopped when I needed glasses.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mystery continues as to WTF is the problem. What kind of procedure would it be when he basically only misses one practice?

http://www.ehow.com/about_6301041_orthopedic-wrist-surgery.html

arthroscopic procedures to remove bone spurs, typically a very minor incision, recovery time of a few days.

UNLESS

he's faking it, and this is all a ruse so he doesnt have to play houston!

http://www.ehow.com/about_6301041_orthopedic-wrist-surgery.html

arthroscopic procedures to remove bone spurs, typically a very minor incision, recovery time of a few days.

UNLESS

he's faking it, and this is all a ruse so he doesnt have to play houston!

probably all part of why it took so long to sign. it takes time to set up such an elaborate plan to avoid playing in houston. i wonder what it will be next time we have to travel there.

Of course you do. I suggest you introduce yourself to him and tell him that.

Not that he would care, I personally wouldn't p*ss on him if he were on fire at this point. To publicly go out and say he doesn't care what anyone thinks, including the fans... and with his wonderful $100 mil performance we've all gotten to watch... I wish someone would call him out like that, maybe we might get to see him give a sh*t about something... That would be priceless

Edited by TX BillsFan

Not that he would care, I personally wouldn't p*ss on him if he were on fire at this point. To publicly go out and say he doesn't care what anyone thinks, including the fans... and with his wonderful $100 mil performance we've all gotten to watch... I wish someone would call him out like that, maybe we might get to see him give a sh*t about something... That would be priceless

Finally! Thank you.

Ya'All don't know what ya'all talkin 'bout.

Have you ever sprained your wrist and tried to pick up even a 10 pound weight? IT sucks bad. I cant imagine trying to push over a 300 lb man. It cant be that bad though. Its only surgery.

I had a sprained wrist and I lifted with it 5 times a day until it subdued.. It took around 4 months for the pain to improve at all and still to this day I can't do some exercises like barbell curls because the pain shoots right back. I can understand how Mario must feel because with him playing and practicing nearly every day if it was a serious wrist injury it has likely not improved an ounce since the injury occurred and odds are it has gotten worse.

I don't know what his wrist injury is, but I had a wrist injury a few years back that was so bad I couldn't pick up a backpack, much less toss 300 lb. OTs around. It also lasted for months. And all the money in the world wouldn't have changed a damn thing. Again, I'm not saying he has the same kind of injury, but maybe.

And half of these "!@#$ Mario" posts sound like the childish rants of a whiny 12 year old brat throwing a temper tantrum.

And half of these "!@#$ Mario" posts sound like the childish rants of a whiny 12 year old brat throwing a temper tantrum.

seriously.

"I wouldnt piss on him to put him out if he was on fire"

wtf??

guy injures his wrist in the preseason finale. wears a cast (is he faking it?)

STILL manages 3.5 sacks, with a bad wrist, under a defensive coordinator who only blitzes on 11% of the snaps, meaning mario is creating this pressure on his own...

what are his alternatives?

imagine if he had said "im injured, im not playing" and sat out?

hes playing through injury. he took a flier and came to an organization that hasnt done ANYTHING for a decade and a half... granted we paid him a lot... but still... jimbo pitches him on how great the fans are, and people ready to cut him after 7 games that he played injured and STILL put up decent numbers.

and you wonder why he "doesnt care" what the fans think?

maybe its because the fans have no concept of what the situation is.

fans not even smart enough to use google to figure out if there is such a thing as a simple wrist procedure, but are some how better qualified to say what this grown man should be capable of doing, medically, and professionally? and because the bills are bad, they wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire??

why dont MORE nfl players/coaches want to be associated with this organization?

If I pay a lot of money to watch someone who is giving NO EFFORT. I reserve the right to call him a big p**sy if I want. Someone who makes annoncements about his 'Little Tick" in his wrist and a 4th string RT 'slapping him in his face' is a BIG p**sy.

I Love my Bills. I am a die hard fan and I could accept not having talent and playing like ****. But Quitters and lack of effort? How would this fare in NE? in GB? Do you seriously wonder why we lose all the time?

The fact that you are ok with that. Shame on you.

Like I said, who's the p*ssy? So you paid money. You've never done anything in your life at the level he does it, with the violence that he encounters...but you paid money! You sound like my wife complaining about a pair of high heel shoes she bought but didn't like once she left the store.

And, for the record, I'm not fine with a lack of effort by any player. But that statement and saying somebody is a p*ssy aren't the same thing. Perhaps if you didn't speak in hyperbole in order to get attention you could make your point better.

Edited by MDH

This might be the dumbest post I've read on this forum, and that's saying something. Congrats!!

Ohh, cry me a river... if you're that thin skinned then I feel sorry for you.

you don't have to feel sorry for me and you can call me names if you want...it's still true...people roll their eyes and cry "pc!" when they don't want to feel responsible for showing respect to someone who is "other". it became a popular form of victimhood about 25 years ago when all the angry white people got together and took over talk radio.

WHY THE SECRECY ????......mario & bills should spell out the exact nature of injury/procedure...

Williams was not in attendance Wednesday – the first practice he’s missed all season – a day after The Buffalo News reported he was considering surgery on his wrist. Gailey was vague on any other details surrounding the procedure, saying he had “no idea” whether it was performed in Buffalo or in Houston, where Williams played the first six seasons of his career.

The coach said he “thinks” the procedure was performed Tuesday, but was coy about everything else when it came to Williams, as evidenced by the following exchange with reporters.

Question: When and how was the decision made?

Gailey: “I don’t know all that. They told me what happened and said he’ll be ready next week, that’s all I know right now.”

Q: So you’re not clear on exactly what the issue is with the wrist?

Gailey: “No.”

Q: Is that Williams’ decision , or does he have to run it by team doctors?

Gailey: “I don’t know how all that’s made, I just know it happened.”

Q: Just to clarify, was it a surgical procedure? You said procedure.

Gailey: “I don’t know exactly what it was, to be honest with you. I don’t know if they did something non-invasive or invasive.

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121025/SPORTS/121029541/1004

WHY THE SECRECY ????......mario & bills should spell out the exact nature of injury/procedure...

Williams was not in attendance Wednesday – the first practice he’s missed all season – a day after The Buffalo News reported he was considering surgery on his wrist. Gailey was vague on any other details surrounding the procedure, saying he had “no idea” whether it was performed in Buffalo or in Houston, where Williams played the first six seasons of his career.

The coach said he “thinks” the procedure was performed Tuesday, but was coy about everything else when it came to Williams, as evidenced by the following exchange with reporters.

Question: When and how was the decision made?

Gailey: “I don’t know all that. They told me what happened and said he’ll be ready next week, that’s all I know right now.”

Q: So you’re not clear on exactly what the issue is with the wrist?

Gailey: “No.”

Q: Is that Williams’ decision , or does he have to run it by team doctors?

Gailey: “I don’t know how all that’s made, I just know it happened.”

Q: Just to clarify, was it a surgical procedure? You said procedure.

Gailey: “I don’t know exactly what it was, to be honest with you. I don’t know if they did something non-invasive or invasive.

http://www.buffalone.../121029541/1004

This reminds me of Lindy Ruff's vague injury list each year for the Sabres. Would this be considered an "upper body injury" under that system?