Cam Newton [I've heard of him, get 'er done]

major

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are people really trying to compare Newton to Brady, Brees and Rogers? Really? Yeah, it's the same thing, keep telling yourselves that. Not being enamored by a 2nd year pro who is struggling mightily both on and off the field is the same as people not wanting QBs who have Super Bowl wins and MVP awards....uh huh.

Cam has been getting alot of heat from the media but they fail to realize he got the pressure of the world on him, The Panther have put him in a Savor role since the first day he got is going to struggle yes he has got only one season under is belt give him time people accept too much right away

Nobody fails to recognize that. What people realize is that it comes with the territory of being the #1 pick in the draft. The team you're going to sucks and you're going to have to deal with losing for a few seasons. You want the cash and the prestige of being the #1 pick you have to learn to deal with the pressures that come with it.

Edited by MDH

Are people really trying to compare Newton to Brady, Brees and Rogers? Really? Yeah, it's the same thing, keep telling yourselves that. Not being enamored by a 2nd year pro who is struggling mightily both on and off the field is the same as people not wanting QBs who have Super Bowl wins and MVP awards....uh huh.

Nobody fails to recognize that. What people realize is that it comes with the territory of being the #1 pick in the draft. The team you're going to sucks and you're going to have to deal with losing for a few seasons. You want the cash and the prestige of being the #1 pick you have to learn to deal with the pressures that come with it.

but Luck is dancing all the time and in his super man pose! He is all over commercials and making all sorts of crazy comments. Wait. No he is not

Ok fine. Rg3 is doing it, then, right? No, wait.

Weeded? Tannehill? Nope

Cam Newton needs to act like a QB not a sideshow.

Cams 30x better than Vince they are not in the same league. Cam is big Ben if big Ben was in shape make sure y'all save this post 10 years cuz over time Cam will be a great success

Peter we could only dream it was possible to get cam in a trade. Attitude or not. IMO

I agree with every single word of the above.

But I also do draw people's attention to another example of the precept that adding a true franchise talent at QB does not instantaneously turn a team into a winner....

Come to Carolina. Panthers fans are getting very upset with this little diva. Talked to my boss today who drives 75 minutes a game/season ticket holder. Said he doesn't understand why there are so many problems with this team, Newton has no excuse, and that the GM firing was overdue but a scapegoat. Panthers fans are not that understanding. The team is ready to implode, too. If they had any type of backup, he'd be starting by now.

Kinda sound like the fans here who keep the tar-pot and the feathers warmed up for Fitzpatrick

Last year, Newton was fantastic and the team went 6-10, kinda says to me your boss may not have the whole flick.

Compare and contrast to Bradford, who has yet to have a good year as a pro, and yet the new regime opted to trade that #2 pick rather than part with him.

Interestingly, there are a number of players I regard as quality QB who are really struggling this year.

With Cam Newton struggling in Carolina, would you trade for him in the offseason? Explain your answer.

Would depend upon the trade...we wanted him last year when we were drafting 3rd. I think the team is a mess and he doesn't know how to handle it...

Ed Waders reports that Jerry Richardson is ready to rebuild all over again & the Panthers may look to trade Cam at the end of season

Ok but its come to a point now where now a Rookie, 2nd, 3rd year QB has a bad season its cut him,, 99% of the time if your the #1 pick your on a bad team Cam can't do it by himself they didn't add anything to the offensive to help him so he not his fault

Edited by Matt183

Ed Waders reports that Jerry Richardson is ready to rebuild all over again & the Panthers may look to trade Cam at the end of season

Ok but its come to a point now where now a Rookie, 2nd, 3rd year QB has a bad season its cut him,, 99% of the time if your the #1 pick your on a bad team Cam can't do it by himself they didn't add anything to the offensive to help him so he not his fault

There's no way they're trading CAm. It's the media overreacting to everything. Their GM was a joke. They have like 43 rbs and Cam is their leading rusher. Of course, he's not handling losing well because he's never lost. The funniest thing is teams play him the exact opposite they play Fitz. They take away the long passes and force him to throw short.

Cam has been getting alot of heat from the media but they fail to realize he got the pressure of the world on him, The Panther have put him in a Savor role since the first day he got is going to struggle yes he has got only one season under is belt give him time people accept too much right away

Would I trade for him YES I give two #1 & throw in Fred Jackson, Aaron Williams & Shitpatrick as a bonus because the front office will just waste those picks on another DB's & give away some our least productive player is a plus

go back 5-10 years and wed just be starting to talk about him as a potential starter who could take some lumps this season.

its amazing how big ben, flacco/ryan and cams first year all really changed the perception of where qbs should be by the first game of their second season.

jury is still out on Cam as far as im concerned.

go back 5-10 years and wed just be starting to talk about him as a potential starter who could take some lumps this season.

its amazing how big ben, flacco/ryan and cams first year all really changed the perception of where qbs should be by the first game of their second season.

jury is still out on Cam as far as im concerned.

Exactly. I think everyone vastly overreacted to his fast start last year and now they are overreacting to his struggles this year.

And there's no way Carolina dumps its #1 overall pick after two years.

I live in Charlotte. I've seen all of the games and been to the Giants game. He has a major, major attitude/effort problem. The team's not the greatest this year, which everyone expected it to be subpar, but Newton has been figured out by most defensives. He looks lost on a lot of plays, makes really bad decisions with the ball (see: the interception he threw vs Dallas this past week, it's a typical move on his part), he looks off his 1st WR and if that options closed, he runs. If the Panthers are down, even by a margin spread, he's sulking on the sidelines. He doesn't command respect in the locker room, either. His head is NOT in the game. He's facing adversity now and shirking it, because he's always been successful in his college career. In other words, perfect fit for the Bills. A guy who's going to feel sorry for himself on the bench after he throws a pick.

Carolina simplified their offense to get Newton on the field. It "worked" last year in that they were able to beat 5 teams with losing records, and the one exception being a team playing their 3rd string QB at the time. The Panthers are laboring a bit now and Cam looks even more dejected than Hangdog Fitzpicks ... if that's even possible.

BTW, the Bills had a chance to go this general route with Vince Young if they had wanted. We all know how Gailey went on that one.

It would take Newton 3 years to learn Gailey's offense. On top of that he's a QB that struggles with accuracy. Don't we already have that?

Besides, Newton's not going anywhere. Maybe part of the reason he's struggling is because NC's offensive line is horrific.

Newton does the exact opposite off struggling with accuracy IMO. 4000 yards as a rookie ring a bell ? Steve Smith is great but hes on the down side of his career and the rest of their wr's are suspect. Cam is deadly that team is just in a rough patch much like buffalo

Hes definetly not going anywhere though.....that is for sure

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Like Marv and ground Chuck believed, run and stop the run to win. We have a great running game when the offensive line is healthy. Without a effective defense, the best qb couldn't win . I wish we kept Perry Fewell but if Chan stays he has to upgrade his staff. We need more help then just qb for now.

There's no way they're trading CAm. It's the media overreacting to everything. Their GM was a joke. They have like 43 rbs and Cam is their leading rusher. Of course, he's not handling losing well because he's never lost. The funniest thing is teams play him the exact opposite they play Fitz. They take away the long passes and force him to throw short.

Similar to JP