Firing Wannstedt during the bye is the right thing to do

at this point, it would be a mercy killing.

Dont fire him...Put him on a platform right behind the bench with his headset on and everytime our defense does nothing(which is every play) the fans can pelt him with anything available. This would be much more stress relieving than giving him a free pass out of here..Make him suffer

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in that case, fire Chan as well.

There's no reason for a coaching changes until after the season. IMO it's silly to talk about. This team's clearly not Superbowl ready due in large part to the very poor starting QB situation. Fixing the defense, and in turn winning a few extra games, would only hurt this franchise by pushing them out of position to draft a 1st round franchise QB in the 2013 draft. They roll with who they have and see where the chips fall.

This was a fun game to watch and to be honest I'm not terribly upset because I have no delusions of Superbowl grandeur until they hopefully get their franchise QB in 2013. In today's NFL the defenses are screwed. Yes we could be much better on that side, but it's not about defenses anymore. It's all about getting someone like Eli Manning who did what Fitzpatrick could not do. Win the game when they needed him most.

Mangini.

I just can't recall there ever being a mid-season firing and hiring of someone who was a stranger to the organization. I think it has to be someone on the staff. And if the choice is between Sanders or Wanny, who really cares?

btw, saw Jauron in the booth when I flipped to the Browns game today....and I missed him dearly.

This defense is totally inexecusable. Perhaps historically on the trend for the worst defense of all time. His scheme is partially part of the problem. On the last touchdown you have to bring pressure. This is the most uninspiring defensive scheme I have ever witnessed.

A guy like Mangini, even though historically is a 3-4 guy I believe can tighten this defense in a couple of weeks. Hire Mangini. He can fix scheme problems.

sure why not

OK. Since the overwhelming majority support canning wanny- it's pretty clear that he will be here for the duration. You see anything we could see this clearly, they can't. Seriously, please move this team Ralph, if you refuse to sell it.

Fitz was doing so well in this game and then comes in the "clutch" int to save the day :doh:

Was anyone surprised that the losing play was a long, low percentage sidelone throw to a covered receiver on third and short? When the Fitz and Gailey era is finally, mercifully over, the fact that so many games were lost with that same play is something that I will remember for years to come.