Firing Wannstedt during the bye is the right thing to do

Guy has to go. There is no way you can defend this guy.... And I thought George Edwards was bad.

I can't imagine how much pressure that would take off the offense knowing that they can score 21 points and actually win a game

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy has to go. There is no way you can defend this guy.... And I thought George Edwards was bad.

I can't imagine how much pressure that would take off the offense knowing that they can score 21 points and actually win a game

Maybe George Edwards wasn't the problem...and the problem was Wanny whispering idiotic suggestions in his ear.

Actually Kyle Moore and Chris Kelsey have provided the most pressure from the edge.

And Carrington has been great inside. WTF is with these coaches! Play the guys that produce! Enough nepetism already, mario plays like a third grade girl and Dareus has bee invisible. Anderson stunk too, we are a better team without him in their doing nothing at all.

Enough nepetism already, mario plays like a third grade girl and Dareus has bee invisible.

although i hate dave wannstedt more than probably anyone on this board, i am going to have to say that he is more than likely NOT related to either mario williams or marcell dareus.

Is Wandstedt ideologically opposed to the Blitz?

4th and 9, with the game on the line and I have to watch us play a un-agressive defensive with two safeties doing an excellent job of guarding the goal post.

All I could think of on their final drive is, "If we're going to let them score, then blitz for crying out loud. At least they'll score quickly and we'll get the ball back."

On the other side, with only around 40 seconds left they blitz our quarterback and it works.

Heres the thing.

On EVERY down, we play our back seven at least 5 yards off the line of scrimmage.

So when we do blitz, the whole stadium knows it.

That is not how you play defense anymore in the NFL.

You put 6-7 guys on the line and back out when you want to play coverage.

Wanny's schemes (yes I use the words loosely) are out of date.

And Chan is a schmuck for not dumping his sorry ass.

you guys are missing something....we dont have enough talent on D. Yea we could blitz more sure but even if we did the corners like Williams and Rodgers would get burnt like toast.

Wanny is being undercut by players who should be better. Mario, Dareus, CB Williams, Sheppard should be much better than they are at this point. The whole D scheme is based on the front four getting pressure. That is not happening like any of us thought. So almost everything they planned on doing this year is bust because the players are not playing well.

The only thing I have a problem with is they don't blitz at all. But its clearly a lack of talent because they were shi**y last year as well.

We're ranked 32 out of 32 defenses! How do you think Wanny's doing? I just can't get over the lack of scheme and coaching. What must drive some of these guys crazy is watching a team like Seattle which is not that much better in talent on defense, just aniliate opposing teams.

Our CB outside of Gilmore are horrible. Williams is a bust. He's had enough time to evaluate, McGee when younger and healthy was solid, but not so much now. Mckelvin is also a bust except for the return skills.

I thought we were getting closer but we can't keep missing on these drafts and then rid the solid guys after their first contract who are solid.

A Wanny blitz consitss of rushing a single linebacker or a safety. I think the only blitz we saw today was a couple LB blitzes. The majority of the time we are just rushing 4 defenders ALL GAME LONG. There is no complicated blitz schemes at all to confuse the defense. Wannstedt has implemented the most vanilla scheme with no adjustments that teams just dominate week after week.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever