S. Gilmore: "I want 11"

Brand J

Surprised no one is talking about this. http://www.buffalobi...ca-c772f47149a3

After a shaky opener, he's been much more sound in coverage. Gotta love the confidence from the rook!

Gilmore looks rough out there.

Until you consider he's a rookie, with the other corner being a 2nd year guy, first starting, and the linebackers in front of them suuuuuuuuuuuuck..... In which case, he's not doing too badly, considering.

I was just going to post this. Well done, Stephon! I was really excited with the pick on draft day and I think he's starting to prove himself. Now if he could just keep a hold of that football when he gets his hands on it...

The Cowboys are suckers for trading up to get Claiborne

Love Fitzgerald too giving him words of encouragment. The guy epitomizes class.

It's funny how great players approach the game differently. I mean, can you imagine Ray Lewis walking up to the opposing QB after a loss and saying "Great game, man. Keep at it. Congrats."?

Yet, when I hear that it came from Fitzgerald, it seems completely natural.

Oh, and I think Gilmore is going to be a stud.

Defensive coordinator Dave Wannstedt and Catavolos knew Gilmore would see his fair share of Fitzgerald as the Cardinals’ split end, but didn’t commit to having him follow the All-Pro receiver all over the field.

Indeed! Allowing Barnett to cover him was a much better idea!

lets just hope he will see his next contract up here.....

What part of Nix/Whaley's track record with the Bills would lead you to believe he wont?

It's funny how great players approach the game differently. I mean, can you imagine Ray Lewis walking up to the opposing QB after a loss and saying "Great game, man. Keep at it. Congrats."?

I think some of that is the position - WR's are just never quite as intense about the outcome of a game, I suspect in large part because they are the most dependent players on the field.

A WR knows he needs a decent throw from the QB, who needs time from the OL, and the WR knows he needs to be in a play-call where he is somewhere high in the list of reads. On defense, a MLB is captaining the defense and hitting somebody 30+ times a game (not all tackles, obviously, but taking on blocks, etc.)

10 touches is an amazing day for a WR - QB's are involved with everything of course, and starting RB's are looking at 25-35 touches. It's just impossible for a WR to be as invested in the game - they have to accept that they can only do so much.

Just a theory, but I am running with it!

Edited by BobChalmers

Oh, and I think Gilmore is going to be a stud.

Ray Lewis? Yes I can imagine that. Dude loves the game and his fellow players and goes out of his way to talk to young guys...

Ray_Lewis_Roethlisberger_Football_sff_s640x479.jpg