S. Gilmore: "I want 11"

Brand J

It's funny how great players approach the game differently. I mean, can you imagine Ray Lewis walking up to the opposing QB after a loss and saying "Great game, man. Keep at it. Congrats."?

Yet, when I hear that it came from Fitzgerald, it seems completely natural.

Oh, and I think Gilmore is going to be a stud.

Actually, believe it or not, I can. Dude is super-intense, but he's a student of the game that unless provoked, wouldn't go out of the way like a Bart Scott would to crap on the other team.

EDIT: just saw the Dr. beat me too it. My bad.

Edited by stony

Gilmore looks rough out there.

Until you consider he's a rookie, with the other corner being a 2nd year guy, first starting, and the linebackers in front of them suuuuuuuuuuuuck..... In which case, he's not doing too badly, considering.

Tom, he has had by my count 2 rough games, and held his own against a premier WR Sunday by allowing 1 catch in 6 targets. That is a good job iyam.

I can admit when I's wrong! Curious, though, if it's after a win or loss.

Ha, that's a good question, but I dont think it matters with Ray. If you were talking Suggs, thats a different story. But regardless of his past "indiscretion" as a 24 year old dummy, he has really taken it on himself to become one of the largest positive forces in the NFL.

I know what you were getting at though. There is definitely a level of players in the league that dont have the class or perspective like Fitzgerald.

Gilmore looks great. He bit on 3 double moves and got beat deep. 3 times as a rook. 3 times. Aside from that he has been outstanding. This is a Rookie in man to man coverage and already the best man cover DB on the team. The topper is his even demeanor and desire to match up on the best.

On 2 of those 3 (Cleveland, SF) it was the same combination route by two receivers along with the double move by Gilmore's man and both times Gilmore bit on the under route but the BIGGEST flop was Byrd who was late BOTH times on his help responsibilities over the top. I hold Byrd just as responsible for those 2 TDs.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9