For those who want to throw in the towel on the season...

Not only are the Bills tied (record-wise, not tie breaker) for the AFC East lead, but they have the 4th best record in the AFC and tied (record-wise) for a wild card. The Bills have problems, they don't look good, but right now they are still in the thick of it. The rest of the AFC is not running away from us, not yet anyway.

One game at a time.

PTR

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because a win over the Cardinals automatically removes blowout losses in three of their first 6, including 2 division rivals. I want to see this team against Houston and New England before anyone declares them improved or on the path to the playoffs.

Not sold, at all. We beat two horrible teams, and got lucky today. We got beat like an abused wife against good teams.

If we some how back into the playoffs with this sort of record, I'll laugh. I'll still root for our team, but c'mon, we don't deserve to be in the running at all.

Not sold, at all. We beat two horrible teams, and got lucky today. We got beat like an abused wife against good teams.

If we some how back into the playoffs with this sort of record, I'll laugh. I'll still root for our team, but c'mon, we don't deserve to be in the running at all.

No style points for wins. Not asking you to buy in. Just saying we are, as of week 6, in the hunt.

PTR

Right now, I am assuming they are 4-5 when they play Miami on Thursday Night. Beating Houston or New England seems about as realistic as winning the Super Bowl. Indy, Rams and Titans seems to be the 3 easiest games by a mile. Buffalo HAS to beat a team that they have no biz beating if they want playoff talk to become real. They still can't beat teams like Miami and the Jets so Fitz has to at least play like back-up instead of a 3rd stringer.

Not only are the Bills tied (record-wise, not tie breaker) for the AFC East lead, but they have the 4th best record in the AFC and tied (record-wise) for a wild card. The Bills have problems, they don't look good, but right now they are still in the thick of it. The rest of the AFC is not running away from us, not yet anyway.

One game at a time.

PTR

Were are on are way to 8-8, next year 10-6 :thumbsup:

Hey in this league you take whatever you can get, next we might be 4-3

We could easily be 3-13 too. But this week we are in the hunt.

PTR

geszz Promo, throwing water on your own hope parade.

One game at a time.

PTR

To suggest that this team is in the thick of it is turning a blind eye to the reality of just how much trouble this franchise is in. Yes statistically they remain in the "hunt" but believing they are a quality team is delusional.

In spite of all of my cynicism, I can't just throw in the towel this season. So we're not elite...I still think we're better than the Phins, and better than the jets without holmes and Revis. If we can beat the Titans and go 4-3 into our bye, we have an entirely winnable stretch of games to finish out the season. 10-6...chancy, but maybe.

To suggest that this team is in the thick of it is turning a blind eye to the reality of just how much trouble this franchise is in. Yes statistically they remain in the "hunt" but believing they are a quality team is delusional.

I don't think anybody believes they are a quality team. My hope is that maybe, just maybe, the rest of the league is so mediocre that the Bills have a chance. After 12 years of no playoffs I'll take getting there any way I can. If 8-8 gets the Bills to the playoffs I'll take it.

Right now it appears there are two quality teams in the AFC - Houston and Baltimore (and Houston is in the process of getting their as$es handed to them at home.) Everybody else is pretty mediocre, at least at this point.

The Bills season is like taking a trip to the moon with no food. Sure, we'll get there, but it won't end well. Play-offs or not, without a QB who, in the very least, can act as a game manager, we won't be better than 7-9. I've seen this play out before.

And, btw, tonight's win was a gift. For all intents and purposes, this game was gift-wrapped for the Cards to win. By dumb luck, the Bills won. Even a dead clock is right twice per day. I have never been so dissatisfied by a win as I am tonight.

Edited by kas23

1) Never said the team was "quality"

2) If you already know how this will turn out, head to Vegas asap.

PTR

Too many medicore teams in the AFC. The Bills can make the playoffs. Wait until the 12th game before counting them out. Green Bay crushed the AFC favorite Houston. There so many teams with uneven talent. Will they go far in the playoffs? NO. Please draft good LBS or a strong armed QB.