Say we go 4-3...does that stop a QB change?

dayman

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People (media) kept saying he has been making bad decisions which is a lie. He makes more good decisions than most qbs.... He just doesn't have the arm. He throws to a wide open target, which is a good decision, but he can't make the throws. At least not often enough.

If he had jp losmans arm, the guy would be great. He could manage the game (that losman couldn't do) and every now and then throw some bombs to graham or someone

It is really not an Arm issue, as Fitz hardly throws deep. The real problem is his accuracy and consistency. This is the third time Fitz has missed on this simple play of rolling out to the right and throwing over the pursuing defender to the RB or TE. He missed wide open Chandler twice in earlier games and then Fred Jackson yesterday. All three plays more than likely would have resulted in a first down and moving the chains. For our outwitted defense, it is important for the Bills offense to move the chains and keep drives alive and keep the defense on the side lines. When your QB cannot do that consistently, the team will be in trouble.

Somehow, Chan still thinks the light is going to come on for Fitz.

That one day he will magically be accurate and be able to hit the open deep ball.

He looks back at the goods games Fitz has had in the past (such as Week 1 2011 against KC) and figures "if he did it there, he can do it again."

On top of that, it's been mentioned that activating Tarvaris Jackson before Week 10 will turn the Seahawks compensation from a 7th rounder to a 6th rounder.

We won't be seeing a quarterback change until our season (and Chan's job) is officially on the line.

You can't totally judge a QBs play by just wins and losses. Yesterday was a great example, as Fitz played more then poor enough to lose, in fact he was terrible but the Bills won. With that said, and even though Fitz is a bottom 5 QB in the NFL, with what we have on the bench, he still gives us the best chance to win. Gailey has committed to Fitz, and that along with this horrendous play calling will ultimately cost him his job, so dont' expect a change without an injury.

IDK why he hasn't been active. Maybe he's having trouble with the playbook. Maybe he's not that good. Maybe he just can't get the reps in season to get it all down...idk...but I'm assuming here he is what he is...an averagish QB who will know the playbook by week 8.

So...despite 3 demoralizing blowouts...we're looking at best-case or almost-best-case scenario coming up to the bye at 4-3 (once again assuming we beat Tenn).

Will this on it's own stop a QB change if we think we can get a slight bump there? Will we just say "well 4-3...QB hasn't been great but stick with it" or will we have the balls to say "lucky to be 4-3 and we need to get better at QB if we're going to steal a wildcard?"

To me there is 0 risk at moving TJ in if he can pick up the offense by week 8. 0. We get NOTHING out of Fitz...and frankly...I'm sick of watching him. But would a winning record stop us from making a move despite the on-field play showing we should try?

As I see it even at 4-3 (assuming we beat Tenn)...we're still not making the playoffs as is. We need a jolt and even if he plays worse it would be worth a shot. Do you agree w/ this? Or am I an idiot who just needs to accept Fitz for the rest of this season?

I can't see who the better option is. Frankly I'd love to see a change at the Position, but nobody else is competent on the roster. Gotta wait till 2013 folks...

You just need to accept Fitz for the rest of this season.

Even if we draft (we better) a QB he is going start next year too.

It really is that simple.

Jackson is not very good. Thigpen is horrible. Vince Young was worse than both.

They didn't draft a QB - there is noone to replace Fitz.

What Fitz is doing though is convincing Nix to replace him next year. That's realistically all they can do - it's too late for this season.

I wish I felt better about next April's available QB's.

Again, I see this as another coaching problem, not a player problem.

Gailey's gameplan does not match what Fitzpatrick does well. Gailey hasn't adjusted the plan to what Fitzpatrick can give you. Gailey runs this ridiculous spread offense despite having two fine running backs, massive offensive line, massive fullback and a quarterback whose skills are more appropriate for a smart quarterback with limited arm strength...WCO type of strategy.

As soon as we make a QB change, the season is over. Fitz gives us the best shot to win, warts and all.

+1. Stop it with the Fitz bashing please. Oh your man crushes on the Bradys and Flaccos of the world make me ill. Or lets go get Jeff George -- he throws a beeyouteeful ball.

Fitz is fine for now. There is no alternative. Lets get healthy on the O Line and keep running it with CJ and Fred. And get after every single offense that has weakness in their O Line, which is just about every team .

It is really not an Arm issue, as Fitz hardly throws deep. The real problem is his accuracy and consistency. This is the third time Fitz has missed on this simple play of rolling out to the right and throwing over the pursuing defender to the RB or TE. He missed wide open Chandler twice in earlier games and then Fred Jackson yesterday. All three plays more than likely would have resulted in a first down and moving the chains. For our outwitted defense, it is important for the Bills offense to move the chains and keep drives alive and keep the defense on the side lines. When your QB cannot do that consistently, the team will be in trouble.

He was pressing big time. He knows how big that game was. We won it. Let it go. He will be better Sunday.

As soon as we make a QB change, the season is over. Fitz gives us the best shot to win, warts and all.

I am done with Fitz as the starter for this team...going into the future.

However, I agree completely with JR above.

I really, really don't want to hear anyone from management say after the season is over, "Well, we improved two more games to 8-8 and we are headed in the right direction and Fitz is our guy."

or, when we pass-up a darn good QB in 2nd round b/c they didn't think he was better than what they have now.

It stinks that he can't make the long throw, but I can live with that.

...I can't live with hiim not being able to throw the short ball and, as much as they like him, I think that is starting to piss off guys like Johnson and Freddy.

You can't totally judge a QBs play by just wins and losses. Yesterday was a great example, as Fitz played more then poor enough to lose, in fact he was terrible but the Bills won. With that said, and even though Fitz is a bottom 5 QB in the NFL, with what we have on the bench, he still gives us the best chance to win. Gailey has committed to Fitz, and that along with this horrendous play calling will ultimately cost him his job, so dont' expect a change without an injury.

yesterday Fitz didn't do much at all, but he also didn't cost us the game..in other words, he wasn't a liability yesterday. yesterday was the perfect example of how this team can win more often than not: 1. Run the ball; 2. Play great defense. Don't ask Fitz to carry us, just ask him to make the occasional play, and above all, don't turn the ball over (which he didn't do yesterday).

OK. So, this may be a stupid question but I am curious, since I read this all the time "He doesn't have the arm". Isn't there something a QB can do for that? And Its seems to me nearly anyone can heave a football 40 yards if they try. You may not get it where you want it but distance seems like it would be a problem for any professional athlete.

So isn't there some exercises to work on the "Arm". I seem to remember that Trick QB that we brought it for training camp was good at placing the ball anywhere he wanted. I doubt that was something he was born with how does one practice that(putting the ball where you need to)? And shouldn't Lee be helping with all this?

yesterday Fitz didn't do much at all, but he also didn't cost us the game..in other words, he wasn't a liability yesterday. yesterday was the perfect example of how this team can win more often than not: 1. Run the ball; 2. Play great defense. Don't ask Fitz to carry us, just ask him to make the occasional play, and above all, don't turn the ball over (which he didn't do yesterday).

As annoyed as I was with in inaccuracy yesterday I found myself thinking this exact thing this morning. Everybody is always saying how Chan needs to turn Fitz into a game manager and just not lose the Bills games. Yet when they did this yesterday everybody was pissed off.

As annoyed as I was with in inaccuracy yesterday I found myself thinking this exact thing this morning. Everybody is always saying how Chan needs to turn Fitz into a game manager and just not lose the Bills games. Yet when they did this yesterday everybody was pissed off.

i hear ya. i just laugh when people get their panties in a bunch after a road win.

IDK why he hasn't been active. Maybe he's having trouble with the playbook. Maybe he's not that good. Maybe he just can't get the reps in season to get it all down...idk...but I'm assuming here he is what he is...an averagish QB who will know the playbook by week 8.

So...despite 3 demoralizing blowouts...we're looking at best-case or almost-best-case scenario coming up to the bye at 4-3 (once again assuming we beat Tenn).

Will this on it's own stop a QB change if we think we can get a slight bump there? Will we just say "well 4-3...QB hasn't been great but stick with it" or will we have the balls to say "lucky to be 4-3 and we need to get better at QB if we're going to steal a wildcard?"

To me there is 0 risk at moving TJ in if he can pick up the offense by week 8. 0. We get NOTHING out of Fitz...and frankly...I'm sick of watching him. But would a winning record stop us from making a move despite the on-field play showing we should try?

As I see it even at 4-3 (assuming we beat Tenn)...we're still not making the playoffs as is. We need a jolt and even if he plays worse it would be worth a shot. Do you agree w/ this? Or am I an idiot who just needs to accept Fitz for the rest of this season?

Yes you are an idiot.

There is no long or short term plan to start TJax.

If by chance there is a QB change it will be a result of injury or the Bills are eliminated from the playoffs.