Manti Te'o - LB - Notre Dame

1B4IDie

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One Game?

Come on man, the SEC has won the last 7 NC.

Please tell me when the last time was a single confrence OTHER than the SEC dominated like that in the last 30 years??

The south has the best all around college football. It just does. It also boasts most of the best HS football.

Football is a religion in the south. Healthy? maybe not, but it makes for the best players and teams.

To arguee that two Big East Schools beat two SEC schools in meaningless bowl games is silly. Its an argueement, but not a good one.

One Game?

Come on man, the SEC has won the last 7 NC.

Please tell me when the last time was a single confrence OTHER than the SEC dominated like that in the last 30 years??

The south has the best all around college football. It just does. It also boasts most of the best HS football.

Football is a religion in the south. Healthy? maybe not, but it makes for the best players and teams.

To arguee that two Big East Schools beat two SEC schools in meaningless bowl games is silly. Its an argueement, but not a good one.

i think you missed the point he was making.

I was looking at some stats and as 26CB noted, Te'o's 7 picks are the standout numbers for him this year. The tackle numbers are questionable when you look at solo/assists game-by-game:

@Navy 3-3

PUR 2-8

@MSU 7-5

MICH 3-5

MIA 8-2

STAN 3-8

BYU 1-9

@OU 6-5

PITT 3-4

@BC 4-1

WAKE 3-3

@USC 3-2

ALA 3-7

TOT 49-62

Less solos than assists is a flag. And 3 home games with 8 or more assists could be a flag (scoring favoritism).

3.77 solos per game is decent but nothing close to dominant. Have to see game films to really see his value. Top 10 overall is looking pretty overrated.

I was looking at some stats and as 26CB noted, Te'o's 7 picks are the standout numbers for him this year. The tackle numbers are questionable when you look at solo/assists game-by-game:

@Navy 3-3

PUR 2-8

@MSU 7-5

MICH 3-5

MIA 8-2

STAN 3-8

BYU 1-9

@OU 6-5

PITT 3-4

@BC 4-1

WAKE 3-3

@USC 3-2

ALA 3-7

TOT 49-62

Less solos than assists is a flag. And 3 home games with 8 or more assists could be a flag (scoring favoritism).

3.77 solos per game is decent but nothing close to dominant. Have to see game films to really see his value. Top 10 overall is looking pretty overrated.

Great post. The numbers do not lie.....they don't tell every story, but in this case the hype outweighs reality, IMO.

@Navy 3-3

PUR 2-8

@MSU 7-5

MICH 3-5

MIA 8-2

STAN 3-8

BYU 1-9

@OU 6-5

PITT 3-4

@BC 4-1

WAKE 3-3

@USC 3-2

ALA 3-7

TOT 49-62

ND gave up less than 100 yards rushing & were #4 in total defense. There's a reason why guys on bad teams led the league in tackles. There are a ton more to make.

Te'o & ND had an awful game. But one game doesn't make a career despite how some people overreact to that one game.

Thank you.

Ok so draft 2013, should really be the year that the Bills draft a QB with their first pick of the first round.

However if for some reason the draft doesn't work that they need to get their defensive QB of the future.

This kid looks special, he is a leader, he plays hard, he won't allow slackers on his team. He seems like he could make everyone on the team better.

I've been watching all season after this game for me its official the dude has NFL stud written all over him.

"Defense wins championships" ! It's been proven over & over again.

Seeing as there are no REAL franchise QB's in this years draft i think we spend our first round pick on D being a LB or a WR if that would be the BPA at our pick.

Just b/c we need a QB i can't justifying reaching for one at our pick if their skill set doesn't match what we need or the risk out weighs the reward. Because knowing our luck we would get Barkley & he would wind up being another USC QB & we would be behind the 8 ball for the next 5 years like the Jets !!

His stock dropped. He could pull it back up with a very good combine.

But he is wounded, regardless.

"Defense wins championships" ! It's been proven over & over again.

Seeing as there are no REAL franchise QB's in this years draft i think we spend our first round pick on D being a LB or a WR if that would be the BPA at our pick.

Just b/c we need a QB i can't justifying reaching for one at our pick if their skill set doesn't match what we need or the risk out weighs the reward. Because knowing our luck we would get Barkley & he would wind up being another USC QB & we would be behind the 8 ball for the next 5 years like the Jets !!

You haven't heard? Nassib is the guy. Get him to flub the combine so he stays in the second round and draft defense or wr in the 1st Edited by 3rdand12

Well he certainly looked "special" last night with those mixed tackles. Just not special in the way that we were hoping.

That said, people have bad games. It is lamentable that his game on the night of the championship and that the rest of Notre Dame didn't show up either. This might drop his stock enough that we don't have to worry about anyone swooping in to take him before the 8th pick.

No, i got it.

But he makes little sense.

I was not basing the fact the SEC is a better confrence on one game but on the past 7 years of NC and guys drafted.

He wants to say the Big East beat two SEC teams. great!

Te'O looked like crap last night. Sorry, he just did.

Look at the big picture.

his arguement has little to stand on.

You ask any pro scout what is the best confrence and i gaurantee you they will say SEC. If you can play they you can usually play in the NFL. Your game will translate quicker and better. Of course other confrences produce nice and great players. But the SEC turns out more top talent then any other confrence.

I am just glad Te'O got exposed and the Bills will not take him in the first round.