Tavaris Jackson

Nope you didn't hear wrong. Essentially Chan said they don't have time to train TJ. So either the Bills don't think he'd be ANY improvement over Fitz even if they do take the time....or TJ is too dumb to pick up enough of the offense to be useful.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the odds he starts next week? He played the Cards twice last year.

He should at least be put on the active list , he has had enough time to learn a share of the offense . I think he has a better arm than Fitz (at least better then what he showed us yesterday)

And maybe a dumbed down version of the offense would be a good thing ? Apparently they can't do anything with a complicated version , if the guys had less to think about they might be able to play with their instinct & react better than what they do !!

Nope you didn't hear wrong. Essentially Chan said they don't have time to train TJ. So either the Bills don't think he'd be ANY improvement over Fitz even if they do take the time....or TJ is too dumb to pick up enough of the offense to be useful.

Or maybe Chan cannot deal with the fact that he sold Buddy and Ralph a bill of goods when Fitz was signed to a contract four games into last season.

To sit Fitz would be a complete admission of failure and incompetence. Chan can't do that, even to save his job.

Buddy needs to man up and take some executive action.

It becomes a 6th round pick if he becomes active for 6 games or more. Expect to see TJ activated with 5 games left so we don't have to cough up the 6th rounder...

I think he might get activated before that if the season starts to get away from them record-wise. If we lose the next two games, we may see him get in there.

The "he's not ready" talk is just to keep him in-active and not seem like we are blatantly keeping him in-active for the draft pick.

If Travaris isn't getting any reps in practice or enough reps in practice then Chan is a !@#$ing idiot. He's hitched his wagon to Fitz and he's going to get pulled over the cliff. Personally, I think he's let his personal relationship with Fitzpatrick cloud his professional judgement.

Starting Jackson isn't going to solve all of the problems that the defense is currently having but the ability to actually complete an NFL level pass and keep a drive going won't hurt.

The bigger question is: WHY WOULD YOU GIVE UP A DRAFT PICK IN A TRADE FOR A QB THAT YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF PLAYING????

That simply doesn't make any sense.

He's to afraid to admit he made a mistake on Fitz. Gailey is happy he's got a QB smart enough to understand his offensive scheme.

To bad Fitz is unable to make all the throws ...... anybody that watches football can see that.

I say let T Jackson get some reps with the ones in practice. If Fitz knows the offense so well let him sit .

But the real issue is the Bills are being outcoached in every game except the Browns game.

To me its more than a Fitz problem. It's a coaching problem on both sides of the ball.

If they haven't been upping Tarvaris Jackson's reps after Fitzpatrick's performances the past two weeks, Chan Gailey should be fired immediately.

Seriously, I don't give a crap if he wasn't here during Training Camp. If they're going to use the "he doesn't get enough reps" routine, then why did they even make the trade in the first place?

The only one on the roster who can help is Brad Smith. He needs to get at least 10 snaps a game in this offense. I continue to be mystified as to what he is doing on the team.

TJax will only get reps if Fitz gets hurt. Fitz needs reps on the game plan (scripted plays etc) during the week and TT gets the backup reps. TJax has to run the scout team offense. Chan could give the backup reps to TJax if it gets worse, meaning the defense is playing well and Fitz is losing games for us. So if you really want Fitz out you better hope the defense pulls their collective heads out of their a$$es and Fitz carries on his merry way. TJax could get some reps during the bye week and if he knows enough maybe take a shot at playing after that.

As far I am concerned, Chan cannot deviate from his run/pass balance in an attempt to catch up. Fitz has proven he can manage the team without trying to be in catch up mode. Even if he is down, Chan needs to be patient because Fitz has proven he cannot handle flinging it around this year. He may have done it early last year, but it isn't happening now so stop pounding the square peg into the round hole.

I think we make the change if we lose like this to the Cardinals (Wanny fired/Fitz benched).

The only way Wannestadt gets fired during the season, is if Gailey gets canned during the season...I don't think either thing is going to happen.

I don't trust Gailey. You don't trade for a QB you don't have time to train. The guy is not a rookie. He can play. I buy into the fact that they will not activate him because they don't want to give up a 6th round pick. WTF, they cut their 6th round pick this year. What if TJax can perform and salvage the season? Not saying it will happen, but at least we know what we have going forward. But nope, lets continue to trout Fitz out there again and again.

chan says tjax isnt going to get enough reps to push for the backup job so theres probably no chance he even gets a start any time soon. fitz might be playing himself out of a job but believe it or not its probably thigpen getting a start before tjax

the only way tjax gets into games outside of injuries is if the season is lost. although i realize it feels like a lost season, they can in fact still rebound. maybe three straight more losses from here (or two like the last two) regardless of who is at qb and perhaps they just say fk it lets give tjax a shot, but that would be such a hugely desperate gamble lets hope to god that doesnt happen

Chan Gailey much think the fans are stupid. T- Jax is not a rookie and Chan continues to protect his boy Fitzpatrick.

Funny thing is Ryan Fitzpatrick played his first game as a 3rd stringer and played very well.

Watch..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8SA0XFPZB4

Edited by HOUSE

Please explain how the Bills have ANYTHING to lose at this point by trying Jackson.

what they have to lose is their best chance at keeping the season on track

giving tj or thigpen the job now is a bigger risk then sticking with fitz and trying to help him get through this rough patch. granted, its been a long rough patch going back to the middle of last season, but its not like hes been bad every game and/or isnt leading the team to scores (before this week)

players go into slumps and hes mostly been in one for quite some time now. but he hasnt been horrible, at least not most games, and some of them hes been good. the picks and the missed passes are definitely a problem, but its not like he hasnt done it before. thigpen and tjackson have never been as good as fitz was the first half of last season and the six or so games hes played very good since then

i have no allegience to fitz but hes still the best qb on this roster and id prefer they give him a chance to get straightened out rather than take an even bigger gamble on two guys who are virtually assured to be much worse right now

Could it be any worse.

sure as hell could be. at least fitz has kept the team scoring (until last wk) and runs a fantastic red zone offense (tough to do in the nfl). theres a pretty good chance david lees mechanics are going to start kicking in here soon (he said it takes half a season) and correct the problems fitz is experiencing now

again, hes just the least risk option with the most upside. remove all emotion and right now hes just flat out the right choice

can't train TJ? WTF? How many weeks does it take?

but, but we've been told Chan can mold any QB!

at least fitz has kept the team scoring (until last wk)

as I see it Meathead

Fitz had the team scoring consistently when they had ONE back running on 20 to 30 snaps

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

can't train TJ? WTF? How many weeks does it take?

but, but we've been told Chan can mold any QB!

at least fitz has kept the team scoring (until last wk)

as I see it Meathead

Fitz had the team scoring consistently when they had ONE back running on 20 to 30 snaps

Or until teams realized that they did not have to fear the deep pall and started putting 8 in the box.

giving tj or thigpen the job now is a bigger risk then sticking with fitz and trying to help him get through this rough patch. granted, its been a long rough patch going back to the middle of last season, but its not like hes been bad every game and/or isnt leading the team to scores (before this week)

He's bad against GOOD teams. The teams he beat -- KC and Cleveland -- have a combined record of 1-9. Many of his "good" stats came in garbage time, particularly against the Jets.

I stand by my original statement. We have nothing to lose. While there is no excuse for the defense, I can't see how "Fitz as a staring QB" still is defensible.

BA