Tavaris Jackson

I happen to think TJax is the better QB anyway, but Id like to see them sit Fitz just to get the teams attention.

And Wanny can take his "Defense is simple" crap and fuggoff.

because he has the ability to stop the other team from gaining 600+ yards of offense

Yes, if he could sustain some drives on offense by making some NFL QB quality throws. TJax needs to be active first before playing, but the sooner the better.

Yes, if he could sustain some drives on offense by making some NFL QB quality throws. TJax needs to be active first before playing, but the sooner the better.

You know what, let's give Thig, TJax a shot. When the defense still gives up 500+ yards and 40+ points where will you place blame then? Probably still Fitz, right!

You know what, let's give Thig, TJax a shot. When the defense still gives up 500+ yards and 40+ points where will you place blame then? Probably still Fitz, right!

You cant be serious w your pro fitz message this week.......fitz w 140 yards and an int = huge problem.

Clean house I could care less

You cant be serious w your pro fitz message this week.......fitz w 140 yards and an int = huge problem.

Clean house I could care less

I know, I know, just change the QB and all will be ok. The Bills will end up 13-3 if Fitz is benched. What was I thinking. :doh:

To quote a wise man, we suck on both sides of the ball. That includes Fitz - I've lost count of how many WIDE OPEN receivers he's missed downfield for TD's. At least we would only lose like 35-17. Put in TJax.

chan says tjax isnt going to get enough reps to push for the backup job so theres probably no chance he even gets a start any time soon. fitz might be playing himself out of a job but believe it or not its probably thigpen getting a start before tjax

the only way tjax gets into games outside of injuries is if the season is lost. although i realize it feels like a lost season, they can in fact still rebound. maybe three straight more losses from here (or two like the last two) regardless of who is at qb and perhaps they just say fk it lets give tjax a shot, but that would be such a hugely desperate gamble lets hope to god that doesnt happen

I honestly don't want to see T Jackson out there. I'm fully convinced that this team and coaching staff won't survive the offseason. 97 points the last two games, T Jackson won't fix that. Jim Kelly in his prime couldn't fix that.

I know, I know, just change the QB and all will be ok. The Bills will end up 13-3 if Fitz is benched. What was I thinking. :doh:

Dude u gotta lt it go. Defense was on the field most of the game. Fitz gives them no chance to win and the locker room knows it. Stevie Johnson's body language says it all. I wanted it to be different, it's just not.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

chan says tjax isnt going to get enough reps to push for the backup job so theres probably no chance he even gets a start any time soon. fitz might be playing himself out of a job but believe it or not its probably thigpen getting a start before tjax

the only way tjax gets into games outside of injuries is if the season is lost. although i realize it feels like a lost season, they can in fact still rebound. maybe three straight more losses from here (or two like the last two) regardless of who is at qb and perhaps they just say fk it lets give tjax a shot, but that would be such a hugely desperate gamble lets hope to god that doesnt happen

If Travaris isn't getting any reps in practice or enough reps in practice then Chan is a !@#$ing idiot. He's hitched his wagon to Fitz and he's going to get pulled over the cliff. Personally, I think he's let his personal relationship with Fitzpatrick cloud his professional judgement.

Starting Jackson isn't going to solve all of the problems that the defense is currently having but the ability to actually complete an NFL level pass and keep a drive going won't hurt.

The bigger question is: WHY WOULD YOU GIVE UP A DRAFT PICK IN A TRADE FOR A QB THAT YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF PLAYING????

That simply doesn't make any sense.

The D is horrific. But Fitz has got to be able to hit open receivers down the field. Simple as that. Starting NFL QB's convert those types of throws. Is Fitz totally to blame? No. The D is heartless. But Fitz consistently misses opportunities to put points on the board with his weak arm. He needs to be a backup. And the D needs to start benching mofo's too.

If this is the annual losing streak Gailey's teams have gone on the past two seasons he should be ojt the door too. He tied himself to Fitz and Wannstedt. Bills do have talent. They seem to be lacking leadership and mental toughness. That is on the head coach.

No one is saying that all that is needed is a QB change. That is ONE of the things that is needed. Really, Nix needs to go. WTF are the linebackers on the team. Great D's usually have great LB's.

The D is horrific. But Fitz has got to be able to hit open receivers down the field. Simple as that. Starting NFL QB's convert those types of throws. Is Fitz totally to blame? No. The D is heartless. But Fitz consistently misses opportunities to put points on the board with his weak arm. He needs to be a backup. And the D needs to start benching mofo's too.

If this is the annual losing streak Gailey's teams have gone on the past two seasons he should be ojt the door too. He tied himself to Fitz and Wannstedt. Bills do have talent. They seem to be lacking leadership and mental toughness. That is on the head coach.

This is also true. We need someone like Harbaugh: smart and motivating

If Travaris isn't getting any reps in practice or enough reps in practice then Chan is a !@#$ing idiot. He's hitched his wagon to Fitz and he's going to get pulled over the cliff. Personally, I think he's let his personal relationship with Fitzpatrick cloud his professional judgement.

Starting Jackson isn't going to solve all of the problems that the defense is currently having but the ability to actually complete an NFL level pass and keep a drive going won't hurt.

The bigger question is: WHY WOULD YOU GIVE UP A DRAFT PICK IN A TRADE FOR A QB THAT YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF PLAYING????

100%

Nix traded for him. Not Gailey. It would seem they are not exactly seeing eye to eye on the roster.

Obviously the Bills are playing some of their worst defensive football ever.

No way around that.

But it is equally embarrassing that our Quarterback cannot reach receivers 40 yards downfield.Fitz just doesn't have an NFL arm.

Therefore Jackson merits a shot, but not until after we lose next week.

Why did we trade for TJax?

Are you related to Fitz? Is he your next door neighbor?

Fitz isn't the only problem, and if you feel the defense is the biggest problem I understand. But Fitz is THE guy holding back the offense that scored 3-points. He gets the ball back whenever the other team scores, and he isn't putting up points (regardless of how poorly the defense is playing). He is BAD, and it has to effect the morale of the team.

I don't understand the idea that just because he ahs been inactive so far that he couldn't start. Lot's og guys start with way less practice time than he has gotten. Now if you said he is just as bad as Fitz then why not just cut him and take a flier on a LB from some team's practice squad. Make a trade for a LB. Better yet trade Wanny for anyting.

If TJax could hit open receivers down the field he'd still be in MN. Or at least Sea. We could use an upgrade at QB, but he's not that. It doesn't matter anyway. With the D giving up record gains we could put a 28 year old Peyton Manning back there and still get blown out.

Are you related to Fitz? Is he your next door neighbor?

Fitz isn't the only problem, and if you feel the defense is the biggest problem I understand. But Fitz is THE guy holding back the offense that scored 3-points. He gets the ball back whenever the other team scores, and he isn't putting up points (regardless of how poorly the defense is playing). He is BAD, and it has to effect the morale of the team.

In case you didn't notice the 49ers are a pretty good team.

They held the Jets to zero, and 2 good QBs in 2 high power offenses, Rodgers and Stafford were held to 22 and 19 points respectively. Minnesota got them, but you usually don't win them all.

What were you expecting from the Bills? 35 points? No credit is ever given to the other team ever. Why?

Edited by FreakPop

I really do like Fitz... but even when he has ample time to throw, an excellent running game and wide open receivers he still can't consistently hit his targets. Even under optimum conditions, he has struggled to be average.

Opposing defenses don't respect our downfield passing game... because we don't have one. The RBs are often encountering backfield penetration before a play has a chance to develop because LBs and Safeties are cheating up. This is all Fitz.

The only point in diagnosing Fitz' inadequacies is to suggest the Bills need an upgrade a the position. The defense sucks harder right now than even last year. That's a whole other issue that no QB could likely overcome. Team confidence appears to be at an extraordinary low right now, due in no small part to the rampant turnovers and 3 and outs on offense.

I like Fitz a lot--- I truly do--- but it may be time for him to take a job on Wall Street.

The defense is bad. Your right. But to think that Fitz is not the GLARING weakness of this offense, well, I'm happy for you. For the rest of us he has been leading the way in assisting opposing offenses from getting shot, after shot at our D. Tavares Jackson is the guy I want to see. He'll, I'd even take JP Losman. Just give me an arm that can hit Graham on a deep route!!!

They held the Jets to zero, and 2 good QBs in 2 high power offenses, Rodgers and Stafford were held to 22 and 19 points respectively. Minnesota got them, but you usually don't win them all.

What were you expecting from the Bills? 35 points? No credit is ever given to the other team ever. Why?

Because we want to see the baby.

I'll bite. I won't bash Fitz.

Please explain how the Bills have ANYTHING to lose at this point by trying Jackson.

I just want to see if you're legit, or a Fitz homer.

BA

I really do like Fitz... but even when he has ample time to throw, an excellent running game and wide open receivers he still can't consistently hit his targets. Even under optimum conditions, he has struggled to be average.

Opposing defenses don't respect our downfield passing game... because we don't have one. The RBs are often encountering backfield penetration before a play has a chance to develop because LBs and Safeties are cheating up. This is all Fitz.

The only point in diagnosing Fitz' inadequacies is to suggest the Bills need an upgrade a the position. The defense sucks harder right now than even last year. That's a whole other issue that no QB could likely overcome. Team confidence appears to be at an extraordinary low right now, due in no small part to the rampant turnovers and 3 and outs on offense.

I like Fitz a lot--- I truly do--- but it may be time for him to take a job on Wall Street.

Agree 100% Teams do not fear the downfield pass and they sit on the short routes.

The Bills set a record today for futility! Not just a Buffalo record but an all time NFL record. EVERYTHING should be up for discussion.

What is your point man? Your crusade is foolish and garners you zero respect for what your posting. Could it be as simple as you just bought a new fitz jersey and your pissed?

Fitz had some problems today. The inability to hit the long ball is troubling. he used to could hit it at least some of the time. What happened?

But the whole team sucked. The holding call on the Leodis TD. The dropped pass by Donald Duck on the 2 where we had to settle for a FG. The Chandler fumble. No running game. And then of course there's the D put us down by 14 at the half when it should have been like 10-7. Then they had the lead and could tee off on Fitz and of course our D couldn't stop anything.

Going into today's game only 2 teams had given up more points than the Bills. Only 5 teams had scored more then the Bills. Something tells me that if our D was even middle of the pack we'd be a decent team with our O as is.

I've seen Tarvaris play a lot. I like him. I think he probably wouldn't be worse, but I'm not so sure he'd be much better if any. An with our D playing as it is I don't think it really matters even if we had YA Tittle or Jimbo in his prime at QB now.

Edited by reddogblitz

What are the odds he starts next week? He played the Cards twice last year.

About the same odds as we have to win a road game against a team with a winning record. Under Chan, we have won 4 road games:

In 2010 we beat Cinci and Miami on the road. (2-6 road record). Cinci was 4-12 that year, Miami 7-9.

In 2011 we beat KC on the road (1-7 road record) KC was 7-9 last year.

In 2012 we beat Cleveland on the road (1-2 road thus far) Cleveland is 0-5 thus far.

Chans overall road record as Bills coach is 4-15. He hasn't beat a team with a winning record on the road since he's been here. Another slaughter on tap for next Sunday.

Edited by Azucho98