Mario Williams playing with Injury?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL investigating this just pisses me off. Of all things...this. not blown calls. Not Spygate. This.

Why? A player is claiming that an injury is preventing him from performing at a high level yet he's never appeared on the injury list, not even as a "probable." Hell, he's still not on the list this week. There are rules which players and coaches all know about. This appears to be breaking them. If it was NE doing something like this people would have their panties in a bunch saying they should suspend "Belicheat."

So now, is Mario just making excuses? If so there's no rule violation. If he's not then he should have been on the report. The NFL should be looking into it.

Investigating this doesn't preclude them from looking into blown calls, ect. They are not mutually exclusive.

Why? A player is claiming that an injury is preventing him from performing at a high level yet he's never appeared on the injury list, not even as a "probable." Hell, he's still not on the list this week. There are rules which players and coaches all know about. This appears to be breaking them. If it was NE doing something like this people would have their panties in a bunch saying they should suspend "Belicheat."

So now, is Mario just making excuses? If so there's no rule violation. If he's not then he should have been on the report. The NFL should be looking into it.

Investigating this doesn't preclude them from looking into blown calls, ect. They are not mutually exclusive.

No, he's not making excuses.

If this is a violation, then so is putting Brady on this list nearly every week.

No, he's not making excuses.

If this is a violation, then so is putting Brady on this list nearly every week.

Agreed, putting him on it every week was bullsh#t - and the NFL eventually got them to stop (granted it took forever.) That being said, what does that have to do with this? Nothing...

The NFL has always been strict on this. I was really surprised they didn't investigate Fitz last year - they usually penalize teams that don't list on the injury report if a player speaks about it in public.

Think the Bills got away with one last year, they aren't going to this year.

The NFL has always been strict on this. I was really surprised they didn't investigate Fitz last year - they usually penalize teams that don't list on the injury report if a player speaks about it in public.

They really have never been strict. The only time they care is if something blatant comes out - and even then the punishment here is likely a sternly worded memo.

Any chance the bills get the death penalty because of this?

Penn State and SMU have received it in the past so it's not out of the question.

May be a good way fro the NFL to get a team in LA, Mexico City, or Toronto and saving face

Did Fitz (or anyone else) speak about it publically last year, or did it not come up until after the season was over? I was thinking it didn't come up until after the season.