The next six games are brutal - how will we do?

Coach Tuesday

09/30 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

10/7 @ San Francisco

10/14 @ Arizona Cardinals

10/21 TENNESSEE TITANS

11/04 @ Houston Texans

11/11 @ New England Patriots

That's a brutal stretch right there. We're on the road against four teams playing very well right now (I'm including the Patriots, who almost beat the Ravens in Baltimore), and one of the two home games is against the Patriots as well. The Titans just beat Detroit.

IMO we'll be lucky to take two of these games and finish 4-5, which would put us in position to finish 9-7 or better if things go well down the stretch. But frankly, winning more than two of the next six will be TOUGH.

What do folks think? Can we pull of 3 or 4 wins out of the next six?

We're about to see what this team is made of - every one of these games will be really, really hard.

Luckily, when you have great line play on both sides of the ball, you put yourself in position to win any game. Hopefully that's the difference between this year and previous years.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is why I think going 3-3 is a must if this team wants to even THINK about getting to 10 wins. The Bills HAVE to split with the Pats and take TN and AZ. No way are the Bills sweeping the last part of the schedule so games have to me made up in this stretch of 6. You want to make the playoffs, beat the Pats at home this weekend.

Brutal stretch, they absolutely have to beat NE in one of the two match-ups to have a prayer at making the playoffs.

49ers and Cards can be winnable games if Fitz doesn't lose it for us. Both offenses can be controlled. Make Kolb and Smith beat you and you have a shot. Can't turn the ball over though.

Won't beat Houston or NE in their building so the Bills need to win on Sunday. They should win at home vs Tenn.

My perspective on the schedule has precisely zero impact on our team's week-to-week preparation.

But anyone who's watched football for more than three minutes knows that players get hurt.

And since personnel fluctuations are so unpredictable, it makes no sense, whatsoever, to make predictions about any game until a day or two before you play.

Just my $0.02.

I see a lot of hand-wringing here, and I think it's all for naught.

09/30 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

10/7 @ San Francisco

10/14 @ Arizona Cardinals

10/21 TENNESSEE TITANS

11/04 @ Houston Texans

11/11 @ New England Patriots

That's a brutal stretch right there. We're on the road against four teams playing very well right now (I'm including the Patriots, who almost beat the Ravens in Baltimore), and one of the two home games is against the Patriots as well. The Titans just beat Detroit.

IMO we'll be lucky to take two of these games and finish 4-5, which would put us in position to finish 9-7 or better if things go well down the stretch. But frankly, winning more than two of the next six will be TOUGH.

What do folks think? Can we pull of 3 or 4 wins out of the next six?

We're about to see what this team is made of - every one of these games will be really, really hard.

Luckily, when you have great line play on both sides of the ball, you put yourself in position to win any game. Hopefully that's the difference between this year and previous years.

This is a brutal stretch. It will tell us alot about these Bills. We will see where their weaknesses and strengths are. We will definately find out about Fitz during this stretch. The coaches need to show what they have also.

The Bills have to beat some good teams to get to the playoffs...that would mean they are a good team and deserve to be in the playoffs. Good analysis here, bottom up type thinking.....my view is top down....same answer. You have to win against good teams to have a good record that kits the playoffs. I, for one, think they have a chance to do 2 or 3 wins in this stretch, and if its 3, playoffs are stll alive.