Brian Moorman Released!

sven233

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just forwarding what I heard..I honestly am not a reporter nor try to be but I don't see why someone would make up a rumor especially one that involves cancer that would be a terrible one to create..Asking for his release probably hurts his pension vs being cut...Again I dont know the logistics of it but makes sense if it did...

I never heard anything about his wife having cancer in the first place?

Very proud to have Moorman on our team and I wish him the best of luck. I recall clearly when the Bills would go three and out, a part of me was looking forward to seeing Moorman boot a 60 yard punt. It's sad that those are the best memories I have had over the past 12 years in Buffalo Bills football.

Seriously, that is your best memory? Not something like being the Pats?

PTR

JR as a Michigan fan I am surprised at you.

You do know Zoltan Mesko was the Punter for Michigan a few years ago, right?

Zoltan was the kicker for Twinsburg! Jeesh, come on now. I only know this because an ex's sister went to school with him. I bought them both App State shirts after Michigan got beat by App. Their dad did not allow them to be worn when Zoltan was over.

Also, he is one hell of a field goal kicker, strong as hell leg.

Edited by jboyst62

You guys do know that Powell was the holder here at FSU, don't you? And Tim Graham is full of **** wrt directional kicks. Powell was pretty good at kicking OOB and pinning teams deep down here at FSU. Last season, 23 of his 57 punts were downed inside the 20, and 14 inside the 10.

I liked Moorman, and wish him the best of luck, because i personally know he's a great guy. But in terms of football ability and the future, we just got better.

Actually, I am very happy. My son goes to FSU and is a friend of Shawn's. When we found out that Shawn signed as a free agent for our favorite NFL team, the Buffalo Bills...we were both jumping up and down. BTW...I am from Cheektowaga and my children here in Florida are fans by BIRTH.

Even though I knew Shawn would have a slim change to make it against Moorman, we figured...why not? Go for it. We figured something was going on since Shawn had interest from 3 other teams and he still picked our Bills with Moorman on the roster.

I watched Shawn for years and this is what the Bills are getting:

1. Massive leg with great hang time and excellent NET yards.
  2. Rugby type kicks, if needed
  3. Excellent holder for PATs and FGs
  4. Big guy that likes to tackle on punts... 6'4", 245 lbs

You guys do know that Powell was the holder here at FSU, don't you? And Tim Graham is full of **** wrt directional kicks. Powell was pretty good at kicking OOB and pinning teams deep down here at FSU. Last season, 23 of his 57 punts were downed inside the 20, and 14 inside the 10.

I liked Moorman, and wish him the best of luck, because i personally know he's a great guy. But in terms of football ability and the future, we just got better.

I'm with you, Ramius, and thought the Bills would - or should have - kept Powell on the practice squad...

link

We're just lucky the Jets did not sign him in after he worked out for them in early September.

Shawn Powell

(By the way - now that we have 3 "Buffanoles" (Bradham, Sanders, Powell) on the squad, where are The Cowgirls???)

I'm with you, Ramius, and thought the Bills would - or should have - kept Powell on the practice squad...

link

We're just lucky the Jets did not sign him in after he worked out for them in early September.

Shawn Powell

(By the way - now that we have 3 "Buffanoles" (Bradham, Sanders, Powell) on the squad, where are The Cowgirls???)

There's actually 4, if you count Garrison Sanborn, the LS. As for the cowgirls, Jenn Sterger is too busy looking at pictures of Favre's junk.

will Powell be the place holder too?

Post number 26… good job.

Wonder if this is going to effect lindell at all since they were so close.

Post number 72… good job.

If I'm going to watch a guy struggle I'd much rather it be a young guy who can get better and not an old vet.

Ditto. A preseason rebirth proved to be an aberration. Moorman's slow, steady decline was continuing this regular season.

obligatory "they cut (insert player name) and kept kelsay?? wtf?!?!" post

LOL!

Powell (if brought back) was a holder all through college

Good stuff… thanks.

Let's be serious, other than the timing is anyone really shocked by this? Moorman has been a shell of his old self for the past 4 or 5 seasons now. He's basically been getting a paycheck based on reputation.

It's always hard to see a fan favorite go, but this isn't totally surprising, only the timing is a surprise. As far as wasting the money on his contract, well...it ain't my money. I'll never understand why so many people get upset over how much we spend on a guy, even in this era of the cap.

Yeah, I'm totally not surprised. Moorman was a great Bill. He's wealthy and respected too.

Well, I'm selling my Moorman Jersey, anyone in the Rochester area want it? How much can i sell it for now?

Jerseys can be re-purposed. If it's the new style jersey, you should wait to see who gets number 8.

How's this for a mind-blower: what if Moorman wore out his leg in preseason fending off the competition that Chan brought in?

Happens all the time in the wild - the alpha male eventually wears down from age and all the challenges to his position.

Not mind blowing at all. As you suggest, a 37-year old leg would have its greatest strength during preseason.

Lindell better be looking over his shoulder.

Every professional athlete should be looking over their shoulder. Their careers are short. In Lindell's case, his probable replacement is already on the team and Lindell is one of the higher-paid placekickers in the NFL. He's still probably good for another season after this one though.

I'm thinking Kelsay, Spencer Johnson, and Brad Smith might be next year's cap casualties… and Thigpen if he's not cut this season.

And no, not surprised by the move at all.

I was a bit surprised that he performed well enough in the preseason to save his job.

Too bad he couldn't sustain the performance.