Boycott

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boycotting your TV will make zero difference in the grand scheme of things but it sounds like it’ll make you happy so more power to you. Until fans stop buying tickets and merch, the NFL doesn’t really care what we think…the machine will keep rolling and the sheep will keep watching.

The game last night was a disgrace. I think a boycott is in order. I will not watch NFL Network, and I am considering not watching the game on Sunday, although it will be very difficult.

I just signed a petition on change.org, I'm looking for an email address for Roger Goodell, will post if I can find it. If last night's game made you angry, I recommend you let the league know at the very least.

Your boycott is .....of the NFL Network?? Wow! As a Time Warner customer, I guess I've been "boycotting" NFLN until this past week!

Did you also boycott after this blown call by Hochuli? http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-09-15-hochuli_N.htm

No??

Anyway, BOOM goes the thread.

I hope no one that has piled on the OP has caught themselves griping about the calls this year. It's one thing to not want to boycott or think it is useless (probably right), but attacking the idea is pretty retarded.

If you don't think the calls have been that earth-shatteringly awful (I don't), then by all means, laugh the idea off. But if you agree with the OP's sentiment (that the officiating has been god awful and is hurting the game) then attacking or mocking someone for wanting to do the one thing that puts his money where his mouth is is pretty much the height of hypocritical stupidity.

I've made a decision that I am not going to allow my life to revolve around a game, to the point where I cant miss a game, even when the league pisses in my face and tell me it's raining. If folks here want to criticize me for that go ahead, it's not going to bother me.

and it's not going to bother us if you stop watching football. No need to announce it to everyone.

and it's not going to bother us if you stop watching football. No need to announce it to everyone.

It's not about announcing my decision. It's about encouraging others who feel the same way to actually do something. Will it have an impact? Probably not. Will sitting on my ass and doing nothing have an impact? Definitely not.

No need to comment in a thread that you don't seem to care about.

It's not about announcing my decision. It's about encouraging others who feel the same way to actually do something. Will it have an impact? Probably not. Will sitting on my ass and doing nothing have an impact? Definitely not.

No need to comment in a thread that you don't seem to care about.

Isn't that the whole point of message boards. :D

I've made a decision that I am not going to allow my life to revolve around a game, to the point where I cant miss a game, even when the league pisses in my face and tell me it's raining. If folks here want to criticize me for that go ahead, it's not going to bother me.

Says the guy with over 2000 posts.

I'm not sure if you just woke up to reality but the NFL has been "pissing" in the face of fans for years now. Everything from PSLs to the blackout rule to holding communities hostage for hundreds of millions to build their personal palaces to play their games in. Where do you want to start?

And seriously if you didn't know these refs were replacements would you really know the difference? The regular guys blow calls on a weekly basis too. How many games over the years have the Bills lost because of poor officiating?

But I'm with you brother I stopped watching a long time ago. If the Bills aren't involved I'm not tuning in. Outside of the Super Bowl I can't remember the last time I watched an entire game in which the Bills weren't one of the teams.

The game last night was a disgrace. I think a boycott is in order. I will not watch NFL Network, and I am considering not watching the game on Sunday, although it will be very difficult.

I just signed a petition on change.org, I'm looking for an email address for Roger Goodell, will post if I can find it. If last night's game made you angry, I recommend you let the league know at the very least.

Seriously? nothing you do is going to change the ref situation and no way am I missing any games for any reason.

The targeted boycott needs to be after those that represent households...

The survey responders or those that have the viewer box for ratings. Only if they leave the game will it be replexted in viewership. If you or i stop watching it wont come out in the ratings.

on another note... was waiting to see if te officials would call for a jump ball.

i dont think it was a disgrace. i think it was the right call

dont even know how that post got underlined, which just shows that the universe thinks it was the right call too

Right call what game were you watching ?? It was plain that GB caught the ball !!! OK your a Seahawks fan in disguise aren't you ??

I look forward to not reading your comments on the game next Monday.

Everyone should boycott listening to these announcers..

Tirico, Gruden, Collinsworth, Michaels.. Tell us something we don't know... They are terrible....

Hopefully, they will magnify every holding call, every PI, every ball spot when the "old refs' comeback...

Thank you. So tired of the endless blathering by the booth idiots about this issue.