Guess Who Is 27th In The NFL In Passing Yards...

Pitta

Haters gonna hate. This board has gone down hill. Used to enjoy coming here and reading for a fIew, but now it sucks. Its a habit I am trying to break. Really, really don't get how so many "fans" of the Bills can hate this team so much.

Glad I'm not the only one feeling that way.

I was waiting for some pinhead to sift through all of Fitz's good stats to find a turd. We have the best RB tandem in the league! Why would any team throw a lot when you have Spiller & Fjax? The OP is crap.

PTR

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing stats like this matter and not overall records. Otherwise Buffalo would be 2-1, and teams like Pittsburgh, Indy & New Orleans--with QBs who rank in the top 10 in passing yards--would have losing records...oh wait.

This, plus when you have running backs that are piling up yardage, you don't NEED to throw for 300 yards a game. I am not going to defend Fitz too much here because I still see a lot of improvement he should be making, but he hasn't thrown a pick sense the Jets game and he hasn't NEEDED to throw the ball a ton. So pulling out these stats without talking about the team's rushing production is a prime example of cherry picking stats to support an argument.

You guessed it. Ryan Fitzpatrick. Before everyone gets there jollys that Fitz is tied for lead in passing TDs. Even though 3 came in garbage time against the Jets and the other 5 against sh*tty teams. He is 27th in passing yards. Guys ahead of him include Ryan Tannehill, Bradon Weeden, Jake Locker, Mark Sanchez, etc. If he did not have that garbage time against the Jets he probably would be last. The key to this season is division games. With a huge one coming up on Sunday. We can't go 1-5 like we did last year in divison. I will change my tune when we start winning against good teams.

What you're seeing is a balanced offense. Too bad for you--you don't like it.

This is the dumbest post I've ever seen. Did the OP also notice Fitz is ahead of Brees and Rivers in YPA?

Two weeks ago "we" were all screaming for a 110% running offense... Now Chan's playing to those strengths (finding success with our third string RB) and "we're" upset that we don't throw enough.

Aren't we 8 for 8 in the red zone? Best in the league, and also top 5 in 3rd down conversions. yeah, I'll take that any day.. Not like Fitz no matter how many super bowls we win will make the HoF so yards passing means little to me, just win!

Tim-

Glad I'm not the only one feeling that way.

I was waiting for some pinhead to sift through all of Fitz's good stats to find a turd. We have the best RB tandem in the league! Why would any team throw a lot when you have Spiller & Fjax? The OP is crap.

PTR

The minute we do have to throw alot is the minute our record starts going the wrong way...I hope we never have to throw the ball, just keep pounding the ball on the ground until they stop it..Obviously u gotta throw it once in awhile to keep the D honest but as long as thats it..No more 3rd down and bomb please.....

Probably because we are 26th in attempts. When you are winning big at the beginning of the game, you should run more. How can you expect more passing yards when we are not in a position where passing is advantageous? Plus, I would rather be 27th in passing than 27th in rushing.

You guessed it. Ryan Fitzpatrick. Before everyone gets there jollys that Fitz is tied for lead in passing TDs. Even though 3 came in garbage time against the Jets and the other 5 against sh*tty teams. He is 27th in passing yards. Guys ahead of him include Ryan Tannehill, Bradon Weeden, Jake Locker, Mark Sanchez, etc. If he did not have that garbage time against the Jets he probably would be last. The key to this season is division games. With a huge one coming up on Sunday. We can't go 1-5 like we did last year in divison. I will change my tune when we start winning against good teams.

Are Brady and the 1-2 Pats* ahead of us?

Hey OP, some more stats for you:

- Bills rank 3rd in NFL in rushing. Do you think this in any way determines the QBs passing numbers?

- Bills rank 11th in total offense. Do you think the QB has anything to do with this?

Just stop the hate.

Well said.

Edited by West End Stench

IF you are running why throw? No one is saying Fitz is a great QB right now, but the last two games he has made the throws the team needed him to and didn't make mistakes. But its clear that teams will force Fitz to win games throwing deep, lets hope he is up to the task when that happens.