Cordy Glenn getting his propers from Peter King

Astrojanitor

Peter King has been singling out an Offensive Lineman every week for going above and beyond. This week the hero is Cordy Glenn:

Cordy Glenn, T, Buffalo. C.J. Spiller followed up a 169-yard performance last week with a 123-yarder Sunday against Kansas City, becoming the first back since Jim Brown in 1963 to have an average of more than 10 yards per rush after two weeks of a season. Against K.C., Glenn had a key block on the opening touchdown, a short pass from Ryan Fitzpatrick to Scott Chandler, and a few minutes later sprung Spiller on his first touchdown run of the day, a five-yarder, with a crushing block. And on the third scoring drive by the Bills, Glenn made a block to help spring Spiller for 27. Not bad for the 41st pick in the draft, starting as a rookie at the toughest spot on the line.

Read more: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz26kEXOMhP

Glad to see him being recognized by the national media so early.

Edited by Astrojanitor

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nix thought he could. I remember on draft day they were showing clips of Cordy being slow in drills. They were showing clips of the wrong guy. I remember Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan where at the senior bowl talking about him. they raved. They did question if he would be a better Guard than LT due to his size. They didn't know if he could beat the quick edge rushers.

Glenn is getting better each week. I think he will be a force by Mid Season.

In my opinion there are some draft experts that need to come forward and say they were wrong on Cordy Glenn.....especially the way the beat the "this guy wont be a left tackle" drum SO HARD going into the draft

This is you Mike Maylock.....be a man and come forward.

It is great that Glenn got his props in that article....what is missing out of it is this left tackle has been facing the very best DE's in the league in camp.....through preseason....and now into the season and ISNT GIVE UP SACKS....its great that he is a monster against the run but he is an absolute wall of pass protection so far....and you dont do that without having good feet and being very athletic.....I saw high first round pick guys like Jake Long giving up sacks on Sunday.

I honestly think that Fitz is a little shellshocked with the amount of time he is getting in pass protection. He could hold onto that ball a little longer and go a little deeper with what he is getting.

Nix thought he could. I remember on draft day they were showing clips of Cordy being slow in drills. They were showing clips of the wrong guy. I remember Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan where at the senior bowl talking about him. they raved. They did question if he would be a better Guard than LT due to his size. They didn't know if he could beat the quick edge rushers.

Kota.....he is a force NOW

In my opinion there are some draft experts that need to come forward and say they were wrong on Cordy Glenn.....especially the way the beat the "this guy wont be a left tackle" drum SO HARD going into the draft

This is you Mike Maylock.....be a man and come forwar

Or we can thank them for influencing non savvy teams to allow Glenn to fall to us in the second. If indeed Glenn turns out to be a dominant LT, he will be a steal even at the top of the second round.

It's a shame King can't get his events in chronological order, however. The Chandler TD was not Buffalo's "opening" score (it was their third), and Spiller's 5-yard run was his second TD, not his first.

So, aside from King being completely inaccurate, I agree it's nice to see Glenn get some national props.

Nix was downright indignant when he was asked the question after Glen was drafted. Listen to his interview from the draft coverage archives. I think he starts talking about Glen around 3.45.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Nix_and_Gailey_on_Draft_Day_Two/3e154fab-d556-41df-bb23-4dd852c5d09e

"He'll no, he's a tackle"

This is you Mike Maylock.....be a man and come forward.

It is great that Glenn got his props in that article....what is missing out of it is this left tackle has been facing the very best DE's in the league in camp.....through preseason....and now into the season and ISNT GIVE UP SACKS....its great that he is a monster against the run but he is an absolute wall of pass protection so far....and you dont do that without having good feet and being very athletic.....I saw high first round pick guys like Jake Long giving up sacks on Sunday.

I honestly think that Fitz is a little shellshocked with the amount of time he is getting in pass protection. He could hold onto that ball a little longer and go a little deeper with what he is getting.

I don't look for Mayock to come forward until after Cordy Glenn dominates Miami in the Thursday night game later this season.

GO BILLS!!!

Or we can thank them for influencing non savvy teams to allow Glenn to fall to us in the second. If indeed Glenn turns out to be a dominant LT, he will be a steal even at the top of the second round.

I guarantee you that Mike Mayock had ZERO influence on ANY team's draft plans, savvy or otherwise. It's much more likely that those scouts and personnel people he has connections with influenced Mayock's opinion.

GO BILLS!!!

Don't get me wrong, it's fantastic that Glenn is doing so well. It does seem a bit much to be calling for people to retract their doubts about two games into the season though.

It's a shame King can't get his events in chronological order, however. The Chandler TD was not Buffalo's "opening" score (it was their third), and Spiller's 5-yard run was his second TD, not his first.

So, aside from King being completely inaccurate, I agree it's nice to see Glenn get some national props.

I'm so-so on king but for the volume of info he gets out on a Monday morning, he tends to do a pretty sharp job. I don't always love his writing or conclusions but generally his observations are pretty good for a guy writing about a dozen plus games in just a few hours notice with tv appearances mixed in.. He must have a pretty good crew putting stuff together for him.

Edited by NoSaint

Nix was downright indignant when he was asked the question after Glen was drafted. Listen to his interview from the draft coverage archives. I think he starts talking about Glen around 3.45.

http://www.buffalobi...23-4dd852c5d09e

"He'll no, he's a tackle"

love it and good to see its so far turning out. Glen is a beast and love the looks of our YOUNG OL and this point Edited by bills_fan_in_raleigh

maybe on the opening drive he saw chandler wide open.....and turned the channel right before he saw fitz throw it to the ground ????......laffin

I guess you don't need to spend a high first rounder on an offensive lineman after all.

But i think we considered doing that for him. I recall Buddy and Chan were giddy about having him fall to 41.

We might well have the last piece to our O line. Hairston is doing very good job at swing T and is young enough stay with us for years to come probably reasonably priced. Nix fixed the major issues by luck or whatever. Big step forward

Glenn looks good enough already for me start worry about keeping him !

One of my favorite features of this kid is his heart and character. Another darn good Man on our team.

I felt so bad when Joe D was ripping him one at camp and the talk from Gailey early was "well he might have the talent but does he have the desire and the smarts? He is coming along slowly "

Appears that whatever the coaches did worked.

I said it before, we might become one of the best O lines in the AFC before long at all.

Especially when you consider all the ....cough..."experts"....cough...like Kiper..... who stated he wasn't and couldn't play LT in the NFL.

It's been 2 games! Just 2 games, not even a 1/4 of a season.

Edited by KRT88

Don't get me wrong, it's fantastic that Glenn is doing so well. It does seem a bit much to be calling for people to retract their doubts about two games into the season though.

I agree.

Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled with Glenn's play. Let's just see how the whole season goes.

I had concerns about Glenn when the Bills drafted him, mostly because he only played LT for just 1 year at Georgia. I knew he had potential, but I didn't think he would be starting at the beginning of the year.

So far Glenn has made me forget my concerns, he has been outstanding, and so has the entire O-Line. I can not believe how much time Fitz has to throw, even on blitzes.