TMQ takes OBD to task

BRH

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A rudderless ship describes it pretty well for at least this century.

I hate to say it, but I agree with Mike Schopp. The Bills weren't in great shape during the Donohue years, but they were significantly worse after his firing. You might say, they had one rudder in the ocean with TD...none after he was fired. Still willing to give Buddy some more time.

http://wgr550.com/SCHOPP--The-harsh-reality-is-looming/14209425

"By the last third of last year, defensive coordinators had figured out that Fitzpatrick never looks over the center of the field -- all his passes go sideways or up the sideline. Since opponents figured this out, he's been throwing picks. His sideways pick-six to Antonio Cromartie on Sunday at Jersey/B was so predictable, Cromartie appeared to be the one running the pattern. After the game, Cromartie said the Jets were expecting Fitzpatrick to throw sideways"

Teams have already figured out Fitz's tendencies, and stopped Gailey's quick /short passing scheme. So the Bills coaches just keep doing what they have been doing...

What does it say when opposing DB's have figured out Gaileys scheme and most of the Bills QB's can't grasp it.

Yeah they are right. A week ago they were predicting the Bills would make the playoffs. Apparently none of the shortcomings of the team seemed bad enough back then. <_<. Which way is the wind blowing today?

PTR

it was a turnover game. turnovers lose games. period. you get them, you win, give them up you lose. simple as that. fitz will be fine. the guy can play. he will adjust faster than most QBs in the game. the guy learns fast. Gailey will run the ball more. NFL teams adjust. We'll be 2-1 by week 4 and everyone will have forgotten all about the Bills again. Usual deal. The Pats game will be the next time the media shows up to a Bills game again. Opening the season at the Jets was about the worst the schedule maker could have done to this team.

Can't say Easterbrook is off by too much. This was pretty harsh on the entire team (offense and defense), especially because I agree with him that the Jets are seriously overrated. Sanchez is an average QB and best and the Bills made him look like Dan Marino.

Perhaps the best thing to come out of this weekend was that the Jets fans will be on the ledge when they lose their next 3 in a row. B-)

I agree with TMQ on Fitzpatrick. Oppossing defenses had us figured out last year once there was gametape.

Cincy was the first. It's been downhill from that point.

Teams have intelligence units that look for tendancies and patterns. If fans can spot them you know those folks did some time ago.

The key to any success this year will be keeping defenses guessing and that's not happening at all.

fitz will be fine. the guy can play. he will adjust faster than most QBs in the game. the guy learns fast. Gailey will run the ball more. NFL teams adjust.

Fitz is what he is at this point in his career, there is no adjusting there.

Gailey has not yet, in his career with the Bills, shown any adjusting at all. Your assumption that he will magically do so now is illogical.

Stache showed no adjusting during preseason, which you can justify. But he also did not in that turd-fest Sunday. Will he now? Hopefully yes but we will see.

I agree with you that NFL teams adjust. The question is, are the Bills coaches NFL caliber or not.

Edited by CodeMonkey

it was a turnover game. turnovers lose games. period. you get them, you win, give them up you lose. simple as that. fitz will be fine. the guy can play. he will adjust faster than most QBs in the game. the guy learns fast. Gailey will run the ball more. NFL teams adjust. We'll be 2-1 by week 4 and everyone will have forgotten all about the Bills again. Usual deal. The Pats game will be the next time the media shows up to a Bills game again. Opening the season at the Jets was about the worst the schedule maker could have done to this team.

What are you referencing when u say fitz can play ? the 30 Int's and smallest arm in the game inspire you ? 8 and 8 forever as your name implied prob will be our record..not good enough to draft qb or make playoffs....

Boy it's been a rough century hasn't it..

Bills coaches don't make adjustments ever. It was clear as day what the Jets wanted to do after the first drive of the game, it is too bad the entire coaching staff refuses to switch up and can their game plan after it was obviously flawed.

Let's rush 4 against their 6 and see what happens.... Our awful secondary has enough in coverage to literally double every single receiver/TE yet they play 10 yards off and lose their man every single play. I'm sorry but coaching needs to be looked at seriously..

Winning the turnover battle should help you win, but not always. See 2007 MNF versus Dallas.

Unless Gailey has Fitz throw only 2 yard swing passes, there's always a chance this team will lose the turnover battle. It doesn't help that the DC has his DB's playing off the ball so much.

Just curious, but who gushed over Losman?

Usa today had Losman behind Phillip Rivers but ahead of Matt Schaub.

http://www.usatoday....-scouting_x.htm

And this article gives a pretty good idea of what Losmans stock was leading into the draft.

http://business.high...ckness-live-arm

And this further confirms Losman wasn't really a reach.

http://football.about.com/cs/playerprofiles/p/jplosman.htm

Edited by mob16151

True, but the BILLS DO NOT ADJUST.....ESPECIALLY IN GAME. CHAN IS IN LOVE WITH THE PASS & FITZ IS HORRIBLY OFF NOW...BAD COMBO

Blah blah blah. It sounds more like one writer venting. One game. I'll eat all the crow tossed my way if this continues, but come on...to say that they don't care is just ignorant.

Wait, so missed the play offs this year already?!?!?!?!?!?! In my mind when we're out of the play off hunt we start the witch hunt. Till then, please, can we just enjoy some football.

It's not ONE GAME. This is a QB driven league, and we have a backup QB starting and two past drafts with an opportunity to upgrade and the FO passed. FAIL.

True, but the BILLS DO NOT ADJUST.....ESPECIALLY IN GAME. CHAN IS IN LOVE WITH THE PASS & FITZ IS HORRIBLY OFF NOW...BAD COMBO

Well said.

Although last weeks production sucked; they're stil have the same record as the previous six Super Bowl winners, (counting Pitt twice). My point is...............................................................................it's early. Let's see what happens this week. If they suck again this week, I'm becoming a Chargers fan, jk.

GO BILLS

I must admit that as far as Easterbrooks often spot on assessments in TMQ, I still run into the wall of him trying to ride the skepticism horse with his diatribes on global climate change in the 90s, only to have to finally release an article in the mid 2000s where he announced he had moved from skepticism to convert on the main issues surrounding the climate change debate.

His oops sorry I messed up on the fate of the planet, but now accept what I say about pro football arguments really makes me want to barf and reminds me to lament the time I had to waste spending on Easterbrook's histrionics on an important issue.