100 million dollar mistake?

rex did the only thing he could do against Williams, mess with his head. It was a very physical game and with the new refs you might as well push the limits untill they rein you in. Gilmore was tackling and holding when pressing. it was all over the place.

I dont blame the refs, as they did not play favorites.

we lost badly. As i said before and will again This team will improve each game. I mean they kinda have too? The team will come together after this game.

I am not worried about Williams and the young backers long term. my worries are on the offense.

Big Cat i almost fell off my chair. Thas funny stuff right there brother

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What? Is Mario Williams the first DE that has ever had to deal with this stuff?

I'm sure he's not. But I'm also sure he is used to seeing it called at least once if it's happening all game. The guy clearly didn't get as far as he's gotten by resting on his laurels and being a complainer.

Obviously he'll have to work on a response tactic if this is the kind of thing that's not getting called all of a sudden, but I'm inclined to trust him for being stunned about it.

The Jets used a quick passing offense to avoid teh pass rush.

Mario Williams is not the problem.

The secondary is the problem.

Its easy to focus on the $100 Million dollars and put all the blame on Mario but the pass rush was towards the bottom of the list of problem with this team.

The Secondary was a joke it appeared their strategy was to keep away from the receivers and hope they fall down on their own.

Fitzy's turnover are problem 1A, the secondary is 1B.

Mario Williams is somewhere in the teens on the problem list.

"Deer" Mario: Welcome to Buffalo! Bow season opens on October 15th and you will have Saturday mornings to sit in a stand until a nice rack walks by and you can enjoy venison sausage with olive oil and penne pasta (don't cook the sausage too long and add some thinly sliced garlic to the oil before tossing the pasta and sausage). Until that date, however, get your ass in the game, stop complaining about some Olineman's hands in your face and go kick some ass. Thanks. Me (A typical "never satisfied" Bills fan)

http://espn.go.com/n...ement-refs-loss

Did dealing with this all day have anything to do with #94's lack of impact?

Rumblings has an eye opening article up today. no link. but has a couple pictures and descriptions.

I was not pleased with Williams interview afterwords.

But the secondary struggled mightily Sunday.

Edited by 3rdand12

Now, as of Sunday, Sept 8th, Mario is a officially a true Buffalo Bill. He has had his first disappointing performance, and is on the bubble of becoming a whipping boy for our schizo fan base...welcome to Buffalo, Mr Williams....the honeymoon is over!

Now, as of Sunday, Sept 8th, Mario is a officially a true Buffalo Bill. He has had his first disappointing performance, and is on the bubble of becoming a whipping boy for our schizo fan base...welcome to Buffalo, Mr Williams....the honeymoon is over!

Yep, that about sums it up. I, for one, am disappointed with the performance of Super Mario in preseason and against Jets, but not really surprised. We will be able to gauge his addition to our team much better this coming week: his ability to bounce back, his role as a veteran and leader, and his desire to show that he deserves the money he was paid. I think deep down the guy is a football player and not a showman...hopefully, he becomes more vocal and pissed off. Go Bills!

A 229 page thread about how awesome Mario is, followed by 229 pages on why we knew he was a bust all along.

PTR

A 229 page thread about how awesome Mario is, followed by 229 pages on why we knew he was a bust all along.

PTR

Nope - not saying he is a bust at all...he's a stud. But he was neutralized on Sunday due mainly to a piss poor defensive scheme that gave WR's a huuuuge cushion and allowed Sanchez to release the ball quickly to open receivers 8 yds downfield (for 15 yd gains). When we modify the defensive scheme a little, Mario (and the line) will be fine. I'm a huge Mario fan and think our DLine is solid...but our defensive unit as a whole needs a nice kick in the ass.

Nope - not saying he is a bust at all...he's a stud. But he was neutralized on Sunday due mainly to a piss poor defensive scheme that gave WR's a huuuuge cushion and allowed Sanchez to release the ball quickly to open receivers 8 yds downfield (for 15 yd gains). When we modify the defensive scheme a little, Mario (and the line) will be fine. I'm a huge Mario fan and think our DLine is solid...but our defensive unit as a whole needs a nice kick in the ass.

Well put. The DC should be getting grilled today on his "scheming" Also, a nice kick in the ass has been awarded to the O too.

Mario may well be in shock now that he has spent a full off season and played one game under the incompetent coaching available to him. He's going to snap out of it this Sunday.