NFL Scab Ref's will work game 1

HOUSE

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt think replacement refs would be all that bad but boy was i wrong

if an offensive lineman farts while in his stance its a false fart ... err start. if its third/fourth and one just flip a coin because the refs will just spot the ball anywhere within a three yard radius of where the player actually went down with it. defensive players will be called for clipping and a guy that lines up in the same spot twenty times will get called for encroachment on two of them

a pox on the league if they let this drag on much longer

i didnt think replacement refs would be all that bad but boy was i wrong

if an offensive lineman farts while in his stance its a false fart ... err start. if its third/fourth and one just flip a coin because the refs will just spot the ball anywhere within a three yard radius of where the player actually went down with it. defensive players will be called for clipping and a guy that lines up in the same spot twenty times will get called for encroachment on two of them

a pox on the league if they let this drag on much longer

I'll agree that I thought it'd get better, quicker. It seems at this point that week to week they are getting different points of emphasis and instructions that are just leaving them more inconsistent.

The replacements were worse than I thought, but there's some things the NFL wants that are really good like adding additional crews so the worst graded crews can be sat each week.

The more experience these refs get, the leverage the real refs have.

Why are you calling someone who wants to work and provide for their family a scab?

Because that's what they're called.

It's not as though they were picked off the unemployment line, either--- though they did cross the picket line, FWIW.

I think the replacement refs are doing a good job. In many ways better than the regulars. I haven't seen the huge disparity on what is and what is not pass interference with these guys/gals. If you touch a guy while the balls in the air, it's PI as it should be. I also haven't seen the big time marques players get away with stuff other players don't. I think if the announcers were not going on and on about it, most people would never notice.

Edited by reddogblitz

I think the replacement refs are doing a good job. In many ways better than the regulars. I haven't seen the huge disparity on what is and what is not pass interference with these guys/gals. If you touch a guy while the balls in the air, it's PI as it should be. I also haven't seen the big time marques players get away with stuff other players don't. I think if the announcers were not going on and on about it, most people would never notice.

Some games way worse than others. I'd say way less consistency in what I've seen. Both play to play and game to game. Could be good luck for you or bad for my viewing

Did you happen to catch Giants-Pats Wednesday night?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/giants-beat-patriots-6-3-020659949--nfl.html

"If there was anything interesting in the first half it was the work of referee Don King and his crew on a day the NFL announced that it would open the regular season next week with replacement officials.

King took about 5 minutes and three announcements to the crowd at MetLife Stadium to explain that there were two penalties against the Giants on a punt by New York's Steve Weatherford.

At first, King said it was a penalty on each team. He then corrected that to an illegal formation and a personal foul against the Giants, and then the officials had to meet for a couple of minutes to figure out how much yardage to access New York. They settled on five and Belichick came out to question the decision.

The crowd got restless after third announcement.

King also seemed to muff the Giants calling a running into the kicker penalty in the second quarter, roughly 7 seconds after Zoltan Mesko kicked the ball.

Coughlin also questioned King early in the fourth quarter when the officials picked up a flag seemingly thrown for the Patriots having 12 men in the huddle before a 54-yard field goal by Tynes.

King said New England called time out before the play. The Giants eventually decided to punt."

The NFL will regret this decision. Over a couple hundred thousand...in a multi-billion dollar business?? Let's hope it doesn't bite the Bills in the azz.

PTR

No doubt you can't wait for the "real refs" to get back so you can resume weekly complaints about how they are screwing the Bills....

Because that's what they're called.

It's not as though they were picked off the unemployment line, either--- though they did cross the picket line, FWIW.

FWIW, no they didn't. There is no picket line.

I was in the dark about some of the issues in this lockout--as obviuously many others are also.

This is what the NFL offered:

Annual compensation increases of 5-11%

Increase the number of crews from 17-20 in order to have a larger pool of refs intraining for when these older guys retire.

A small core of full time refs in the total pool (over 90% of the current real refs don't want to go full time--many would take a pay cut if they left their other jobs to be full time refs, I would aume).

Conversion of their benefits to a 401k.

The refs response is that they want to be better compensated.

You know, I probably wouldn't even have noticed if had snuck one replacement in at a time. But we've kept seeing questionable calls/noncalls. That's not unusual, but the sheer number reported around the league is scary. The NFL is going to lose leverage is the replacements go for more than a week.

Seems like the general sentiment here is that we are DOOMED, DOOMED I tell ya. I agree, I wondered how much money

the real ones actually made sometime last year, and was suprised to learn that it was much less than I was told and had

heard about. Now they may be trying to back the brinks truck up, but really in the grand scheme of things, and I know that

the NFL doesn't want to appear weak, it's probably reasonable. This is a train wreck about to happen.