Bills to acquire Tarvaris Jackson

LOL at BillsVet, Spartacus and Joe_the_6_pack. Same ol song from those guys. Bitching about our backup QB situation... All we need is a cameo by Billsfreak to remind us Ralph is cheap.

Read much? Im bitching about our starting QB!!!!!!!

If you don't get that this time, Id strongly suggest some remedial reading classes for you:

"What this tells me is Chan is consololidating (sic) Fitz hold on the starting position. What a disaster."

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson leaves Seattle with the respect of his soon-to-be-former teammates. He played through a torn pectoral muscle last season, never complaining about anything -- even as the Seahawks ran through receivers and shuffled their offensive line repeatedly.

Seattle's trade with Buffalo is not yet final. We should expect Jackson to rework his contract for the Bills. We should also expect the Seahawks to receive a late-round draft choice in return. A seventh-rounder that could upgrade based on playing time would represent fair value.

Jackson started 14 games and played in 15 for the Seahawks. He did what the team expected him to do upon signing from Minnesota in free agency: put his familiarity with the offensive system to use as a short-term bridge to whatever future awaited the Seahawks at quarterback. He was much better than Charlie Whitehurst, for sure.

Jackson struggled to make plays late in games (zero touchdowns, six interceptions and nine sacks in the final two minutes of halves). That was his failing in Seattle. But the Seahawks knew they were getting Jackson, not Joe Montana. And in fairness to Jackson, he wasn't exactly throwing to Jerry Rice or Steve Largent, either.

Jackson is ideally suited as a backup and would have fit as one in Seattle if the team hadn't been so aggressive about upgrading the position.

http://espn.go.com/b...arvaris-jackson

Edited by Golden Wheels

Is it an upgrade, yea probably, but that wouldn't take much. He was going to get cut, but another bad backup who cant cut it elsewhere is brought in to be the savior. They might has well have waited 24 hours and see who else was released, or even gotten jackson for nothing. Maybe the Seahawks will turn the pick into a Pro Bowl QB to hand the ball off to Beast Mode. Seems with each passing week, the optimism for this season goes down just a little bit. If Fitz and the offense don't wake up, all the additions on the defense will be for not.

Savior?!? SAVIOR?!? We're talking about our BACKUP. Not savior. Not even starter.

Say it with me... "Baaack uuup"

If we hadn't wasted a 7th round pick to trade up 2 whole spots to get Graham we could have gotten BJ Coleman who went to the packers who I'm sure they will develop into the next big trade QB. Man this FO is driving me nuts :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Not sure if serious. Reading this thread reminds me why I find myself coming here less and less. Y'all need to calm the F down. VY doesn't get the offense, TT sucks. Relax about all the other stuff, its preseason. Drink a beer and chill out all of you, jeeeeez. Wake me up on September 9.

History lesson.....he was with the Vikings and started and performed adequately as a backup and sometime starter...like a Trent differ.

By adequately do you mean "threw almost as many INTs as TDs," "led them to zero playoff victories," or "was supplanted by Gus Frerotte?"

How many very good back-up QBs are there in the NFL? I would say Tavaris Jackson is middle of the pack, which isnt bad. We haven't had a good backup QB since Frank Reich. It didn't cost us anything to take a chance on Vince Young. He didnt look good in practice, had a few moments in the second game, and looked horrible yesterday. I would say that Jackson is an upgrade as a back-up to Fitz, even if I would hate him as our starter.

I'd imagine that around the league, between coaches and GMs and scouts, etc, he's probably better regarded than middle of the pack. A lot of people think he is a decent or serviceable starter. I am not one of them. But I like him as a back-up.

Is it an upgrade, yea probably, but that wouldn't take much. He was going to get cut, but another bad backup who cant cut it elsewhere is brought in to be the savior. They might has well have waited 24 hours and see who else was released, or even gotten jackson for nothing. Maybe the Seahawks will turn the pick into a Pro Bowl QB to hand the ball off to Beast Mode. Seems with each passing week, the optimism for this season goes down just a little bit. If Fitz and the offense don't wake up, all the additions on the defense will be for not.

This guy is trolling right? He's gotta be. People don't actually think like this do they? My lord...

I wish the Bills would pursue a quarterback that had the skills to replace the back up who currently holds the title of starter.

This is going to be a tough year watching this overpaid bust.

At least you'll get to complain! That's something that is clearly very important to you.

If I remember correctly, the Bills were going to go after Jackson last year, but Seattle swooped in a offered him a big contract. Clearly there is something about him the Bills brass likes.

A guy who can run the spread, is mobile, and has 30+ starts under his belt to be our number 2. Not too shabby...

I wish the Bills would pursue a quarterback that had the skills to replace the back up who currently holds the title of starter.

This is going to be a tough year watching this overpaid bust.

Well you dont have to worry, because he's a BACKUP. Jimminy Pete! You guys are out of your minds...

I would have kept Vince Young, but oh well. I'm worried about Jackson having to come in and learn our offense in such a short period of time. If Fitz goes down for any reason, we are screwed. That being said, we may need Tarvaris to start so that he can run for his life. Our O Line hasn't looked great

The O line looks fine. Jackson is pretty mediocre - I would rather have whoever the Dolphins cut.

How many very good back-up QBs are there in the NFL? I would say Tavaris Jackson is middle of the pack, which isnt bad. We haven't had a good backup QB since Frank Reich. It didn't cost us anything to take a chance on Vince Young. He didnt look good in practice, had a few moments in the second game, and looked horrible yesterday. I would say that Jackson is an upgrade as a back-up to Fitz, even if I would hate him as our starter.

I'd imagine that around the league, between coaches and GMs and scouts, etc, he's probably better regarded than middle of the pack. A lot of people think he is a decent or serviceable starter. I am not one of them. But I like him as a back-up.

The best part is we'd be ecstatic to draft a player in the 6th that was on par with him. But to trade for one is a crime.

Tavaris and jp are two completely different qbs with different strengths and weaknessea. The only thing they have in common is that they are mobile.

Please run down the list, because I see two QBs who both can't read defenses, are mobile, and make a **** ton of mistakes that they try to overcome with their athleticism.