Torell Troup....cut him!

Frez

Waive Torell Troup now and get it over with. He's another Merriman.

Oh, for toast sake! Again? Chan already responded to a question about Troup saying if he couldn't go, IR was most likely. And IR it is

What is the downside to this? There isn't a limit on the number of players to IR. If he's healthy and he still can't win a spot (as looks likely for Easley) cut him then.

IR players can participate in meetings and workout at the team facilities, which increases his value over cutting him and saying "walk on at training camp next year"

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we finally label Troup as a bust?

http://nomorelinks....l-troup-a-bust/

of course you may. If thats your what you want. It's easy to do thats for sure.

Definitely did not work out as planned.

Make adjustments, move forward always.

we will need to draft another DT it seems. Nothing wrong with that.

keep the waves of big guys rushing till Brady taps out. Then go after Eli.

What is with all the people bitching about Troup?

- Its not your money....he isn't expensive....its not hurting us salary cap wise.....

- It didnt prevent the bills from improving their D tackle position....we have some of the best in the league

- It means we probably go with veterans as backups.....from the pool of Spencer Johnson (yes) Heard (yes) Edwards (maybe) Carrington (probably not).....but you know that the backups with be veteran DT's

And why are you rooting against a buffalo bill so badly.....sometimes I just dont get some of you people

Agreed. No reason to root against a guy still on his rookie contract (i.e., cheap) who's careeer has been derailed by injuries (ie., bad break).

Although some of these responses do provide good fodder for the ignore pool...

But if you sitting here trying to blame the Troup pick on Modrak, you are in some serious denial.

As are you, if you think Buddy had insight into every draft eligible player, including Troup.

Area scouts are responsible for putting together reports on players in their territories. Since Buddy's focus/expertise is on the SEC, what makes you think he had input on a kid from Conference USA?

Edited by Lurker

Yeah, and Nix was one of those scouts under Modrak that were the primary source of the Bills' board that season.

Again, Nix wasn't on some tropical island for the past 5 years oblivious to college football. He was scouting for us for a year before he got elevated to the GM position. He was GM during the draft, it falls on him.

For the record, I am a big Nix fan. If anything, the Troup situation just highlights what a gamble draft picks are. But if you sitting here trying to blame the Troup pick on Modrak, you are in some serious denial.

I think with the scheme change they felt compelled to fill holes - a big no no when drafting. Couplethat with a year of scouting players for a Tampa 2 (read: no big DTs or DEs, totally different LBs) that the board was subpar, as was the approach. Plus, you can't kill him on troup being hurt now. That happens.

I think you saw him take the best of the limited players he saw himself that fit the holes created after the college season was done that fit the general area of where they should be going.

I bet if you laid out a list of 34 guys that nix saw in person by where they were supposed to go that you could nearly guess that entire draft in advance (minus spiller as a huuuuge bpa) (disclaimer: there may have been other trusted voices in the room, beyond chan of course)

Edited by NoSaint

That really isn't too bad, that is cheap for a top 50 pick in the NFL Draft

Unless they've hit escalators that's standard issue for high second rounders. That's why those picks are so valuable. You can get a great player on the cheap for a few years.

Area scouts are responsible for putting together reports on players in their territories. Since Buddy's focus/expertise is on the SEC, what makes you think he had input on a kid from Conference USA?

You're right. Nix probably never heard of him before draft day. I mean, he was only the GM. How about we just blame Jauron, reset Nix's draft day batting average to 1.000, and call it a night?

I think with the scheme change they felt compelled to fill holes - a big no no when drafting. Couplethat with a year of scouting players for a Tampa 2 (read: no big DTs or DEs, totally different LBs) that the board was subpar, as was the approach. Plus, you can't kill him on troup being hurt now. That happens.

I think you saw him take the best of the limited players he saw himself that fit the holes created after the college season was done that fit the general area of where they should be going.

Exactly!

Is it possible Channix wants to justify this 2nd rd pick, or what's the reason anyone wouldn't just cut him? What is there to gain, unless it doesn't matter due to IR rules etc. Don't the bills need to pay him or at least honor his contract when placing a player on IR? Someone help me understand what is to gain from Keeping TT around any longer? Even if he does show a flash in the pan here or there, by that time it'll be at the point of resigning him lmao.

Is it possible Channix wants to justify this 2nd rd pick, or what's the reason anyone wouldn't just cut him? What is there to gain, unless it doesn't matter due to IR rules etc. Don't the bills need to pay him or at least honor his contract when placing a player on IR? Someone help me understand what is to gain from Keeping TT around any longer? Even if he does show a flash in the pan here or there, by that time it'll be at the point of resigning him lmao.

I'm sure in the 7 pages of posts in this topic, you'll find opinions justifying the placement of Troup on IR.

The Bills put Troup on IR today, effectively ending his season. I think this experiment is over and it's time to move on.

I don't get this move either. I would just cut him at this point and move on.

A defensive depth player, Spencer Johnson is unsigned for next year and they'll need to replace him. What does it hurt to keep him around for camp next year and see if he can contribute? Edited by Carey Bender

You're right. Nix probably never heard of him before draft day. I mean, he was only the GM.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. He obviously had more than enough time to cram all of the scouting reports, personnel files and employee evaluations into his head in the couple months after he was named GM and should have obviously discounted the work of Modrak's guys and re-scouted each draft eligible player. No excuse for the pick...

90% of the people bitching couldn't tell you what conference troup was in off the top of their heads.

You get to keep a young player on your roster (without costing a roster space), at the bare minimal salary, and then you get to see what he can do if and when he's fully healthy next preseason. Edwards and Johnson won't be around forever, so even if Troup develops into a backup/rotational DT, it's definitely worth the chance.

You have absolutely nothing to lose and potentially everything to gain by IR-ing him for another season. If he doesn't show anything next camp and preseason, you can cut him them with nothing lost.

You get to keep a young player on your roster (without costing a roster space), at the bare minimal salary, and then you get to see what he can do if and when he's fully healthy next preseason. Edwards and Johnson won't be around forever, so even if Troup develops into a backup/rotational DT, it's definitely worth the chance.

You have absolutely nothing to lose and potentially everything to gain by IR-ing him for another season. If he doesn't show anything next camp and preseason, you can cut him them with nothing lost.

But I'm angry for no reason right now!