Torell Troup....cut him!

Frez

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you being serious? Not much of a fan because I want to BETTER my team? This is what's wrong with the Bills. We hang onto to players like Merriman and Troupe and WE HOPE. Hechk throw in Marcus Easly and let's hope some more. Get ride of these guys and get somebody healthy on the field and lets win some games.

Uh, I've been a die hard siince 1988, and who are you to judge me? You probably have a Troupe jersey and it sucks to be you.

I honestly wish the kid would get better and make the team.

I bleed nothing but Bills colors till the day I die.

There's no benefit to doing it TODAY. Either you don't generally understand the rules, or the situation- in not sure which. Until first cuts next week there is literally no draw back to having him around a few more days. If we IR him it costs less than 500k and we can see if he gets healthy.

Here is my $.02 I posted in another thread.

Why does everyone think Troup is going to the IR? At best and uninjured he is only a depth player. With his nagging injuries and under performance he is low man on the totem pole, so why would the Bills waste a spot, PS, roster, IR, etc on him?

IR buys him training camp next year, what is he going to do next year? He's not going to beat out Dareus or K Williams, so again he is just a depth player at best. So again, why would the Bills waste time, team spot and salary on somebody who can be easily replaced from the FA market. I don't understand the IR logic, makes no sense.

He had potential and his cost to ir and maybe maybe not fully recover is not great at all. Further you cant predict the future and shame on us if we do need his services if he's able to contribute whenever. And at the same time I would have kept Merriman just for the sake of what we've been through with him. And how'd that work out for me?

I hope the kid calls it quits for his own sake. It looks like he's going to have life long disability because of his back. No way he should make a bad situation worse by playing football.

Realistically what's best for him long term is to flash enough to get IRed so he has 3 accrued seasons and will be in the pension system if he doesn't play again. Getting a rep of taking care of your guys is not a bad thing.

How can people with half a brain in their head sit here and defend tt? It's ridiculous, this guy can't even get on the field and when has been on the field he hasn't done a single thing....

So yes get rid of him and open the roster spot up for someone who can actually help us out

How can people with half a brain in their head sit here and defend tt? It's ridiculous, this guy can't even get on the field and when has been on the field he hasn't done a single thing....

So yes get rid of him and open the roster spot up for someone who can actually help us out

holy crap there are roster spots

Do you not understand the Bills have open roster spots as we speak without cutting him?

IR buys him training camp next year, what is he going to do next year? He's not going to beat out Dareus or K Williams, so again he is just a depth player at best.

He would only need to beat out Spencer Johnson or Dwan Edwards next year to justify keeping him on IR. He's not competing with Dareus or Kyle.

Are you being serious? Not much of a fan because I want to BETTER my team? This is what's wrong with the Bills. We hang onto to players like Merriman and Troupe and WE HOPE. Hechk throw in Marcus Easly and let's hope some more. Get ride of these guys and get somebody healthy on the field and lets win some games.

Uh, I've been a die hard siince 1988, and who are you to judge me? You probably have a Troupe jersey and it sucks to be you.

I have to say, the topic is bizarre. The cutdown day is less than a week away. The team already has 3 open roster spots. Is there a compelling reason that the Bills should cut Troup today?

Three open roster spots.

Do you not understand the Bills have open roster spots as we speak without cutting him?

Apparently that point hasn't sunk in for some.

Yes i probably overeacted. i am sure you want the best players on field. I just prefer to let the coaches evaluate the situation. Like i said he probably wont/cant be kept.

By the way, I have a C-Mac jersey.

And i'm a homer through and through : )

My point exactly. I'm glad someone else gets it!

Realistically what's best for him long term is to flash enough to get IRed so he has 3 accrued seasons and will be in the pension system if he doesn't play again. Getting a rep of taking care of your guys is not a bad thing.

Yup its what the Bills did with Kevin Everett. Always thought that was a class move by this organization

Waive Torell Troup now and get it over with. He's another Merriman.

Don't worry, they will. And he's not even close to being a Merriman, he's way worse. Troup was selected far too early, then played very poorly, then got hurt. Now it is all but certain that he cannot come back from that injury, let alone play at a high level.

He will be gone soon enough.