Bills Release Merriman!

Guess I won my bet on this forum. Awaiting being contacted for where the 50 dollars should be mailed.

I'm just curious what the bet was. Was it that he would be cut? That he would do nothing in a Bills uniform? Or thy he was officially done? Because I could see another team picking him up (Ravens maybe) and having 10+ sacks in the same role Maybin had last year with the Jets.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I re-worked it some to get past the initial "words don't mean jack and were all a bit foolish to hang on them" post I wrote. It's true, but it can sound uglier if presented poorly (as I orginally began to type it).

In this case, gailey and nix owe no duty of honesty to you. In fact, if doing their jobs at the highest level- they shouldnt be trusted at face value often times. Ultimately you can only trust actions and your own eyes. Sometimes tgere are good reporters but even those are getting to be further between as they tend to echo whatever is being said and don't watch themselves or have their own agendas.

Yes context in communication is important lol The revision is appreciated.

Yes their jobs are for the best interest of the team.

According to Glazer, "Bills feel he's much better suited for a team that uses a 3-4 than a 4-3. Just texted w Merriman who confirmed they have released him."

I can totally understand that reasoning for cutting him.

This will give him the best chance to catch on with another team

I kinda seen it coming! I watched him really closely in the minny game.....honestly he didnt do much against 2nd stringers and some 3rds! Really lacked didnt have any explosion off the ball. Mediocre at best against the vikings.....i feel for the guy and all....but i want better players on my team and i wanna feel what winnings about! Good luck merriman....go bills!!!

I kinda seen it coming! I watched him really closely in the minny game.....honestly he didnt do much against 2nd stringers and some 3rds! Really lacked didnt have any explosion off the ball. Mediocre at best against the vikings.....i feel for the guy and all....but i want better players on my team and i wanna feel what winnings about! Good luck merriman....go bills!!!

You saw him closely in the Minny game? Couldn't tell what he's done the last 2 years?

I would say the Jets would be VERY interested in him. Especially since they can get a sneak peek at the Bills gameplan.

The gameplan is send Anderson, Dareus, Williams and Mario to crush Sanchez on every down. All Rex has to do is stop them.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Kinda makes you wonder about all these glowing "reports" coming out on Sheppard as well, when he sucked ass Friday night. Not saying Shep is gonna be cut, but don't believe everything you read, see it with your own two eyes.

Wait--what's next? We're gonna find out that Kelsay is, in fact, not "just a good football player"??

I'm just curious what the bet was. Was it that he would be cut? That he would do nothing in a Bills uniform? Or thy he was officially done? Because I could see another team picking him up (Ravens maybe) and having 10+ sacks in the same role Maybin had last year with the Jets.

The bet was he would not play more than 5 games. Depending on how you interpret, either I win or there is no bet.

So much for all the folks here who told me how great Merriman would be this year.

He really has not played that well.

He was definately "talking the talk" looking to the $4 Mil this year. Sorry it didn't work out for him, and for us, but he was given a lot of chances. I really didn't expect to see him stay healthy, and off IR for the entire season.

It's mind boggling to me how many people seem puzzled at the coaches' gowing reviews of Merriman. A good coach doesn't care about providing correct information to fans (and other teams) through the media. A good coach uses the media as just another motivational tool. In doing so, it may often be to his benefit to include some information that's not true, or partially true.

The bet was he would not play more than 5 games. Depending on how you interpret, either I win or there is no bet.

So much for all the folks here who told me how great Merriman would be this year.

I say you win. he didn't play a single game for the Bills, which was the bet.

Good luck collecting.

I won't argue if you said in a Bills uniform but just because we cut him doesn't mean his career is over. Just saying. We all thought and knew Maybin sucked but he had 6 sacks last year in the right defense. Just saying.

I would say the Jets would be VERY interested in him. Especially since they can get a sneak peek at the Bills gameplan.

Merriman isn't privy to the Bills' game plan for the Jets any longer.

GO BILLS!!!

I won't argue if you said in a Bills uniform but just because we cut him doesn't mean his career is over. Just saying. We all thought and knew Maybin sucked but he had 6 sacks last year in the right defense. Just saying.

We still do.

Merriman isn't privy to the Bills' game plan for the Jets any longer.

GO BILLS!!!

Gameplan is the wrong word, I apologize.

Merriman DOES know about the team's defensive playbook and playing style though. That's what I'd hate to see fall into the Jets grubby hands.

My gut says there is something more to this.....injury...he doesnt appear to have the push off strength/speed back

unless Merriman was the one who asked to be traded to a 3-4 team. With the 2 weeks left he has a chance to make another team.

What does this seem to say....the team is looking to only carry 7/8 DL....4 DE and 3/4 DT. Other players at DE clearly passed him. They are looking at their roster with cuts and all and thinking they need to keep more LBs than they need because they feel they may have more talent there or they are more willing to play special teams.

We still do.

I said we all knew it and of course still do. That doesn't negate the fact that he still had 6 sacks last year and that's more than anyone on the Bills last year. I'm just say saying that cutting Merriman doesn't mean he's done. Of course it could be, but of course it could be another player that leaves us and lights it up for another team. I'm not saying I for sure think that will happen but it's very possible.