Bills in on Harvin?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill preface this with saying hes a GREAT athlete, but ill cave and give the run down on past incidents (and ill add migraines as a worry thats not behavior related - but also not as big as many think with him missing 3 games total from them, not the 3-8 per season earlier accused of)

Kicked out of high school athletics in the state of virginia for a number of fights (suspended as a junior for unsportsmanlike conduct, again as a senior for contacting an official then banned due to a MAJOR fight that had to have a game called early because it was such a mess)

Major issues with work ethic and authority at UF including choking a coach

http://thevikingage....und-at-florida/

tested positive for drugs at UF

tested positive for drugs at the combine

was accused of faking/exaggerating injuries by childress,

at one point had to be seperated from him in a very heated argument over randy moss being traded, which was described as on the verge of coming to blows(i know, its brad childress and hes had issues too)

just a cliff notes....

His rap sheet makes Jerome Simpson look like a choir boy.

Let's see: The last three years average:

Percy Harvin:

15 games

73 receptions

875 yards

6 touchdowns

-also had 4 return TDs and 2 rushing TDs

Stevie Johnson:

12 games

53 receptions

696 yards

5.6 Touchdowns

Like someone else said, might wanna look up the stats before you make factly statements

What a patently dishonest post. You either think we're a bunch of idiots or…

Would I like to him him taken? Yes.

Do I think it's going to happen? No.

Finally, there's one simple question: is the offer legit? Even if he is a headache, what makes you think that the Vikings will let him go? They're under no compulsion to trade him at all, whining aside.

You missed a key question. What would the cost be?

Would the Bills trade a first rounder for Harvin? Of course not.

Would the Bills trade a seventh rounder for Harvin? …

I'm on the fence here. Talent wise he'd be a huge addition that could propel the offense to a whole nother level, and if anything happened to SJ we'd still have a top NFL receiver on the roster. But he does have a sordid past, and if he's not clicking in MN I'm afraid of what he could do to the team chemistry here. It's not like MN has other options at WR so if they're willing to let him go that's not a good sign. I suppose we could cut him if he became a problem, but then that's a wasted pick. Seems like a medium risk/high reward deal. All things considered I think I'd be okay with it.

I wouldn't use a high pick. Guy has talent, but has too many health issues and he is an odd duck in general.

Yeah those 3 games missed TOTAL in his 3 year NFL career sure says he has health problems :P

With that said... IncarceratedBob is wrong about almost everything he says.

Edited by Beastly Dareus

The level of interest Buffalo will have in Harvin will depend on the asking price, and will reveal a lot about how Gailey and Nix feel about the recievers that are here. They've stated they like the talent; well, we're already cutting players some of us like (Roosevelt, for instance, is in danger of being cut, as is Easley). If the Bills pursued Harvin even half seriously, it would mean they're not convinced in this group of recievers. Now, that would worry me a little, because in my opinion, the offseason is the time for these kinds of moves.

I wouldn't give up too much for him, if I were making the decisions, simply because he looks like he won't be around for too long, with all the problems he's already had with his head.

From Bob's twitter:

I dont know about Harvin's attitude (problems), but considering WR will probably be our biggest need and we will use another high draft pick at that position, Im not opposed to giving a 2nd and Smith and/or another player. We have some quality depth players on defense that we'll be cutting. Might as well get some value out of them. Or throw in Smith and one of our other bubble WRs.

Not a bad idea

Take it for what its worth, but incarcerated bob on twitter reports that the Bills are one of the teams in on Percy Harvin.

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Vikings actively *SHOPPING* Harvin (Will not come cheap) Jets Front Runners! Cowboys/Browns/Bills also in it

I hope so, it would at least show that the FO realizes we need an upgrade in talent at that position and not just more bodies.

I hope so, it would at least show that the FO realizes we need an upgrade in talent at that position and not just more bodies.

We do. And they tried to find it. They went after a high ranking FA, and traded up for a receiver in the 3rd. I think that notes that they don't love what we have, but this isn't madden. We can't get everyone we want, and personalities matter.

It's a process

Take it for what its worth, but incarcerated bob on twitter reports that the Bills are one of the teams in on Percy Harvin.

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Vikings actively *SHOPPING* Harvin (Will not come cheap) Jets Front Runners! Cowboys/Browns/Bills also in it

this is crazy nuts.....

Why would Minnesota trade him?? What sort of depth do they have behind him?

I guess in theory anyone could be traded for the right price.

His asking price given his age would be a #1 at least.

IncarceratedBob had the Mario Williams signing before ANYONE else. Even the length and terms. He has some cred.

Ever hear an expression involving a nut and a blind squirrel?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

We do. And they tried to find it. They went after a high ranking FA, and traded up for a receiver in the 3rd. I think that notes that they don't love what we have, but this isn't madden. We can't get everyone we want, and personalities matter.

It's a process

Jerome Simpson was available and should have been signed.

Well if Incarcerated Bob says it's true, book it.

PTR

exactly. we should check with SaviorEdwards, to confirm this breaking piece of journalism.

it amazes me that so many grown men (and women?) are taken in by frauds' false information. incarcerated bob is is a person pretending to be sports journalist. hello, people, wake up.

wow: i see there are actually posters coming to the defense of incarcerated bob. kind of scary that people cannot spot a fraud when it's so painfully obvious under the light of the slightest bit of scrutiny.

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

So this hack takes a June report from ESPN (Harvin wants trade), inserts teams needing WR help, and suddenly he's some sort of omniscient trade predictor? Color me unimpressed. Eklund looks more credible.

• 4 months later...