Bills in on Harvin?

He's already stated that the reason he wants out is not contract related. I'm pretty sure that he's not happy with his role in this offense. He sees an ineffective QB and he probably sees that team going nowhere with the Packers, Lions, and Bears in that division. I dont think it'll happen but this would be great.

Just the thought of Stevie, Harvin, Nelson, Graham, and Donald Jones out wide is pretty amazing.

Edited by FleaMoulds80

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2009 - 15 games played

2010 - 14 games played

2011 - 16 games played

might wanna check your facts...

He has played most of his games but those numbers are very misleading. I had him on some fantasy teams and followed him a lot and he wouldn't play the whole game, or he was hurt and still played and was ineffective, or was suffering from something and still got in the game.

Granted, that was more the case in his first couple years than last year.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

2009 - 15 games played

2010 - 14 games played

2011 - 16 games played

might wanna check your facts...

Good call. I knew he misses practices on occasion because of the headaches, but I think he has only missed a game or two. Last I heard he hasn't had that problem in a year or so that they found out the cause.

Ill preface this with saying hes a GREAT athlete, but ill cave and give the run down on past incidents (and ill add migraines as a worry thats not behavior related - but also not as big as many think with him missing 3 games total from them, not the 3-8 per season earlier accused of)

Kicked out of high school athletics in the state of virginia for a number of fights (suspended as a junior for unsportsmanlike conduct, again as a senior for contacting an official then banned due to a MAJOR fight that had to have a game called early because it was such a mess)

Major issues with work ethic and authority at UF including choking a coach

http://thevikingage.com/2012/04/10/percy-harvin-choked-his-receivers-coach-to-the-ground-at-florida/

tested positive for drugs at UF

tested positive for drugs at the combine

was accused of faking/exaggerating injuries by childress,

at one point had to be seperated from him in a very heated argument over randy moss being traded, which was described as on the verge of coming to blows(i know, its brad childress and hes had issues too)

just a cliff notes....

Edited by NoSaint

From what I know, that quote from Bob's twitter is flat wrong. The Bills are not getting tired of Brad Smith one bit, in fact they are largely increasing his role.

As far as Harvin goes, I have mixed feelings. He is a huge talent. He is not the kind of guy that Gailey and Nix have been assembling on this team though, and those kind of guys IMO are going to have a huge effect on the quality of the team over the next few years. Nelson needs to play in the slot to be effective, so Harvin would need to start as an outside WR for the Bills to utilize him enough, and I'm not sure he can do that. Sure he can play inside sometimes, and we often use two slot receivers, but that would greatly limit Chandler being on the field, and hinder Graham's ascension.

I would imagine that Gailey would love a player like Harvin in theory. But because we already have a problem with how many balls are going to go to Fred Ex and Spiller, it may be a luxury we cannot afford, because those carries out the backfield are likely not to happen as much on the Bills. Not to mention that we already have a lot of high level returners.

I like Harvin and his skill set. I wouldn't mind him at all. But I doubt the Bills go after him strong, even if his on the block rumor is true. Nix would for sure look into it, he would have to. But he also values his draft picks so much it's hard to imagine him giving anything up. Plus we need to re-sign Byrd, Levitre and Urbik.

Totally agree. I'd rather have Byrd-Levitre than risk Harvin.

True, but I don't see him as a Santonio Holmes type player. I met Santonio when he came into our offense a couple years ago and I could tell off the bat he had an EEEEGGGOOOOOOOO. To the millionth degree. Honestly Percy's been good and staying out of trouble as of late so why not? Winning cures a lot. If we can find a way to make his contract work, it'll be fine i think.

he got in a fight with his coaches where he had to be seperated as it was described as being on the verge of coming to blows, and was accused of playing up injuries to get out of practice like a year ago. and thats not to mention the issues with missing events with "the flu" his rookie year... the stuff has never stopped. i can only imagine what we will hear once hes out of the organization and they dont have to protect their own reputations.

and percy has had these issues while putting up state records in Virginia athletics, winning championships with UF, and going to the NFC championship with the vikings.

winning has allowed coaches to enable his behavior and made it much worse, if anything.

Edited by NoSaint

minny isnt getting the best out of him and i do agree that harvin in a offense under gailey would be pretty damn exciting. but im not sure the bill want to trade a high pick for him. i get the impression they value those picks a great deal. i could see a 3rd and some players maybe even a 4th and players. but minny is gonna get the short end. disgruntled players in final year of his contract and wanting big money and out of team. even tho hes a really solid player they wont get that much for him.

He has played most of his games but those numbers are very misleading. I had him on some fantasy teams and followed him a lot and he wouldn't play the whole game, or he was hurt and still played and was ineffective, or was suffering from something and still got in the game.

Granted, that was more the case in his first couple years than last year.

Let's see: The last three years average:

Percy Harvin:

15 games

73 receptions

875 yards

6 touchdowns

-also had 4 return TDs and 2 rushing TDs

Stevie Johnson:

12 games

53 receptions

696 yards

5.6 Touchdowns

Like someone else said, might wanna look up the stats before you make factly statements

Percy Harvin:

15 games

73 receptions

875 yards

6 touchdowns

Stevie Johnson:

12 games

53 receptions

696 yards

5.6 Touchdowns

Like someone else said, might wanna look up the stats before you make factly statements

yea, averaging stevie over 3 years was the way to establish a genuine comparison. good work there. this has to be one of the most intentionally intellectually dishonest posts ive seen in a while. lots of guys make mistakes based on reputations, or things they thought they heard, but using a season that stevie wasnt a starter is pretty blatantly manipulating the facts just for the sake of winning an argument.

over the last 2 years stevies averages drop him around

80 catches

about 1050 yards per season

and 8.5 tds i believe

amazing what happens when you drop one that he had 2 catches for 10 yards in.

Edited by NoSaint

You on crack? If we're in the market for a WR in next year's draft (which we will be), i'd fork over a 2nd round and something else for Percy. He can lineup ANYWHERE. RB, QB, WR, kick returns, punt returns. I've always said the Vikings are misusing him. They don't know how to use him and that's probably why he's growing frustrated up there. Who can blame him? He's better than any WR coming out of next year's draft and more versatile and he's still young. Just imagine what we could do with Spiller, Jackson and Percy. Chan would have a field day with those 3.

I agree. I'd trade a 2nd for him.

Percy Harvin:

15 games

73 receptions

875 yards

6 touchdowns

Stevie Johnson:

12 games

53 receptions

696 yards

5.6 Touchdowns

This has nothing to do with what Kelly the Dog had to say.

If it could be a conditional 4th that could bump up to a 3rd if Harvin plays all 16 and makes the probowl I am fine with it. If its going to be a 2nd pass. The Jets will likely overpay and give up a 2nd and a big contract for the guy. Its sad how desperate the Jets are for WR help. But if the price is right Harvin could be worth a gamble, he is exactly what we need.

This has nothing to do with what Kelly the Dog had to say.

Not sure how you figure? Especially since he said:

I had him on some fantasy teams and followed him a lot and he wouldn't play the whole game, or he was hurt and still played and was ineffective

Take it for what its worth, but incarcerated bob on twitter reports that the Bills are one of the teams in on Percy Harvin.

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Vikings actively *SHOPPING* Harvin (Will not come cheap) Jets Front Runners! Cowboys/Browns/Bills also in it

Is that supposed to be a link up there? Doesn't work....

Bleacher Report sez:

"So there is a rumor—I won't be linking to it because the source isn't one I trust—that the Vikings were considering or working on a trade of Percy Harvin to the New York Jets."

When a Bleacher Report piece starts out with "rumor" "source isn't one I trust", I wouldn't get all hot and bothered about the notion either way

Ill preface this with saying hes a GREAT athlete, but ill cave and give the run down on past incidents (and ill add migraines as a worry thats not behavior related - but also not as big as many think with him missing 3 games total from them, not the 3-8 per season earlier accused of)

Kicked out of high school athletics in the state of virginia for a number of fights (suspended as a junior for unsportsmanlike conduct, again as a senior for contacting an official then banned due to a MAJOR fight that had to have a game called early because it was such a mess)

Major issues with work ethic and authority at UF including choking a coach

http://thevikingage....und-at-florida/

tested positive for drugs at UF

tested positive for drugs at the combine

was accused of faking/exaggerating injuries by childress,

at one point had to be seperated from him in a very heated argument over randy moss being traded, which was described as on the verge of coming to blows(i know, its brad childress and hes had issues too)

just a cliff notes....

Childress has to be the worst coach in the NFL. Who wouldn't want to get off the sinking Vikings ship. They are going NO WHERE in that division.

yea, averaging stevie over 3 years was the way to establish a genuine comparison. good work there. this has to be one of the most intentionally intellectually dishonest posts ive seen in a while. lots of guys make mistakes based on reputations, or things they thought they heard, but using a season that stevie wasnt a starter is pretty blatantly manipulating the facts just for the sake of winning an argument.

over the last 2 years stevies averages drop him around

80 catches

about 1050 yards per season

and 8.5 tds i believe

amazing what happens when you drop one that he had 2 catches for 10 yards.

This.

Not sure how you figure? Especially since he said:

I had him on some fantasy teams and followed him a lot and he wouldn't play the whole game, or he was hurt and still played and was ineffective

So why are you even comparing Stevie with Percy? First of all, Stevie in 2009 played 5 games for a total of 10 yds so that'll throw off his average. If you want a fair comparison, average out the last 2 years and Stevie's numbers are a lot better than Percy. So whats the point of this comparison?