Seahawks have a good problem to have

D521646

I was blasted when I went ballistic over the Graham pick right after he was taken. I wrote then that Wilson would be a franchise QB within a few years, and I'm standing by it. Has nothing to do with one preseason game.

I generally like this draft, but still hate the Graham pick over Wilson.

Sorry.

BA

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? you can make that "Real Deal" leap after one preseason game?

It's happening all over the place. WGR is ready to say the Bills are going to lose to Indy and the Colts could win 9 games basefon Luck's 2 quarters and Indy beating up on St. Louis yesterday.

It's happening all over the place. WGR is ready to say the Bills are going to lose to Indy and the Colts could win 9 games basefon Luck's 2 quarters and Indy beating up on St. Louis yesterday.

By the time that game is played I doubt the Bills are favored to win that game.

Every preseason one rookie has a better-than-average game against backups and more than a few start freaking out the Bills didn't pick him. Last year it was Mallett, and he's now third string with the Patriots behind Brian Hoyer. Wait until this weekend and he'll likely have a bad game.

And BJ Coleman?

Edited by Doc

I live in the seattle area so I know a think or to about what is going on here.

Wilson has been strong in the poreseason which means he will likely be #2 to Flynn then see what happenes this season.

Remember he was going against 2nd/3rd stringers so its hard to read how good he will be against the top defenses.

I watched intently last night as NFLN ran the Hawks/Titans game and I have to tell you that I was impressed with Russell Wilson. So much so that I remembered a few here on TBD wanting to take him in the draft and me quietly scawffing at the idea. Well, I was wrong. The kid looks to be very good and WILL start in the NFL someday soon, IMO. He's like a minature Cam Newton, but faster, and I think a stronger arm.

Thoughts?

Tim-

Some of us wanted Wilson here very badly.

...please know that my middle name is Someofus.

Russel Wilson had a good game Saturday. but that one TD was a dead duck jump ball that Braylon Edwards went up and got. Think Donald Jones would have come down with that? His TD run was a mis direction bootleg fake against 3rd or 4th teamers. WOW !!

He did well, but crowning his A$$ may be a little premature.

So a rookie QB comes in to play the 2nd half of the first preseason game, his team already leading 10-3, and puts up some decent numbers against Tennessee's scrubs. The local press in Seattle goes nuts over the guy. After 30 minutes of football against the 9-7 Tennessee Titan's scrubs that will be cut in two weeks.

And it's all that is necessary for a few delusional TSW QB experts to annoint the guy "the real deal", a future HOFer, and whine that Nix should have drafted him over TJ Graham :rolleyes:

2nd round was too early but I wish we would have been able to grab him in round 3, but didn't he get picked before the Bills selected? Living in NC I can tell you, he's atheltic, VERY accurate and smart. You don't have to be 6-4 with a rocket arm.

Oops, it was 6 picks after we picked TJ, and he was the only pick I wasn't overly thrilled with. Too early to say, but I am thinking I'd rather have Wilson over Graham but what the hell do I know.

Edited by KRT88

So a rookie QB comes in to play the 2nd half of the first preseason game, his team already leading 10-3, and puts up some decent numbers against Tennessee's scrubs. The local press in Seattle goes nuts over the guy. After 30 minutes of football against the 9-7 Tennessee Titan's scrubs that will be cut in two weeks.

And it's all that is necessary for a few delusional TSW QB experts to annoint the guy "the real deal", a future HOFer, and whine that Nix should have drafted him over TJ Graham :rolleyes:

In fairness to the delusional you mention, they annointed Wilson the moment we drafted Graham. They didn't have to wait for his first pre-season game against scrubs to be convinced. This is just their first "I told you so" moment.

GO BILLS!!!