Vince Young & Tyler Thigpen are both brutal at QB, but...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked like Thigpen knew the playbook better FWIW. WHen he had time and could make a confident throw, he delivered to TJ. VY obviously gives you the scrambling but seemed kinda' clueless about the plays/coverages. IF they could just morph the two guys into one, you may have a serviceable backup. We are screwed if Fitz goes down.

Like 90% of the NFL teams

I'll hold judgement till after the next preseason game. Young has the upper hand though but given his experience he should have done much better against the skins scrubs.

He was not good...but did you see that offensive line he was playing behind? Fer chrissakes block someone, anyone!

because hes a #3 qb in title only.

if fitz got put on the shelf, wed bring in someone else to be VY/thigs backup. and brad would still be #3.

Yep. The only ways Smith lines up at QB is (1) we're in the Wildcat, or (2) both Fitz and the #2 go out in the same game.

Besides Tashard choice, our 3rd string running back who are you talking about? Cordero Howard who played 5 games for us before we signed Erik Pears?

I think in todays NFL you dont have time to develop a QB. You have 4 years to produce max. If im a coach i want to spend all my roster spots on guys that can play and contirbute. Having a mobile guy that can fill in at WR, RB, KR, PR, PP, coverage teams, and can play QB in a pinch is much more vaulabe than a clipboard holder. Thats what coaches are for IMO

The sentiment of nearly everyone in this thread is that he obviously can't "play QB in a pinch". I think you missed that part.

He was not good...but did you see that offensive line he was playing behind? Fer chrissakes block someone, anyone!

None of them were very good I gather. Won't see the game until Sunday on NFL Network. Wasn't televised live it's on today but I'm working. As you can tell. :devil:

I saw the game.

So far, Thigpen has the advantage in that: he's tighter with Chan, and has a better grasp of the play book.

On the other hand, Vince seemed to be much more of a playmaker. He has the athletic ability to get yards when most other QB's couldn't.

It's the First Pre-Season Game so, no final decisions need be made now, but if Vince can sharpen up on the plays and players, based on his NFL experience, I would be inclined to put him ahead of Thigpen.

Thigpen really looks bad. It seems that he has lost confidence in himself and his arm. It's not even that he is erratic, he's just looking bad in most every practice and every appearance. I know that Chan had a lot of confidence in Thigpen as the back-up when the Bills acquired him last year. He likely gave him the benefit of the doubt not having a lot of time to work with the team last season. But with the OTAs and mini camp and now training camp he has looked awful.

I don't see how Gailey can have any confidence in him anymore. I will be shocked if Thigpen makes the team even though VY doesn't look much better.

Lettuce be real tea, VY is the better QB. I've seen him be a top 10 QB his last year in TENN before he got injured. He's def looked different the last two years with the Eagles and now Bills. 100% its the different offensive system and I hope he can learn it although I'm not sure

At least Vince can run out of trouble and do some positive things with his feet sometimes.

Unless something changes drastically, VY will be our #2.

I agree... VY gets points for his ability to make things happen with his feet

I said it in the shoutbox, might as well say it here too. Cut Thigpen today. Get Young every rep possible; there isn't any reason for him to have to give them up to Thigpen.

What do we do if Young breaks his ankle during the last pre-season game?

Chan: "Hey Tyler (if you are available) I just want to let you know that not much has changed in the old playbook the last 3 weeks."

Thank you! Vince was running for his life after 1 mississippi on most plays. Then there were so many penalties on top of that. DAvid Snow and Sam Young each had at least one hold and a false start each. Not that the line was much better for Thigpen. Frankly, I thought our number 1 o-line (missing Wood and Pears notwithstanding) was not very impressive either. Team needs to get busy!