Andy Reid's son found dead at Eagles training camp

Struggling to maintain his composure, Eagles general manager Howie Roseman announced that Garrett Reid, oldest son of Eagles coach Andy Reid, was found dead in his bed at Lehigh this morning. Reid had rebounded from a drug-troubled past and was assisting the Eagles' strength coaches at camp.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/165051976.html

Edited by Golden Wheels

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, very sad. My heart goes out to Coach Andy. As horrible as it is for any parent, I can only imagine how hard this is on guys like him. His whole life is about control and knowing more than someone else, and he's still powerless to prevent something like this in his own family.

Ugh, very sad. My heart goes out to Coach Andy. As horrible as it is for any parent, I can only imagine how hard this is on guys like him. His whole life is about control and knowing more than someone else, and he's still powerless to prevent something like this in his own family.

Agreed, very sad. One of the hard things Coach Andy will have to come to grips with, is the workaholic hours football coaches must put in to achieve success, especially when establishing themselves.

Those hours necessarily come at the expense of time with family. Of course, young people across the country are lavished with family attention and still get into trouble and other young people across the country are neglected and turn out well.

Hopefully this will turn out to be a medical condition unrelated to his past drug use, not because any cause of death is good but it would lessen any burden of guilt his family might feel.

A parent should never outlive his/her child. Reid made mention of taking time off to improve his family situation, and while it may be too late for his son, it probably would be wise for him to start now.