How many wins this season?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reality check, the Bills lost their best offensive weapon for 3-4 weeks and lost their starting slot WR for the year (a guy who could get first downs) So now they start that #3 draft pick that wasn't ready last week.

After reading many posts and what some sports writers had to say about Fitz and the Bills offense. Not only was the team not prepared to play an NFL regular season game in any aspect, They were dramatically out coached by big mouth Rex.

The Jets fielded a defense that blanketed the Bills WR's and conversely the Bills fielded a defense that couldn't cover anyone.

Who knows what to expect from the Bills next week, more of the same? This team reminds me of the 2010 team that went 0-8

They were dramatically out coached by big mouth Rex.

This should come as no surprise to anyone. Despite what you think of Rex as a person, there is no doubt he can coach ... particularly defense.

In my opinion Rex > Chan + Stache.

This above all else makes me dubious of the Bills ability to leapfrog the Jets for a shot at the wildcard this season. I figured the Bills would need to have more talent than the Jets on both sides of the ball to overcome the coaching deficit, and I figured it would take at least one more draft that was offense centric for that. I didn't plan on the Bills defense to look like a big steaming pile of **** Sunday though. Hopefully that at least was an anomaly that we will see corrected very soon (like this Sunday!).

Before the season I thought 10-6 was possible and with an on-paper easier 2nd half schedule....maybe 11 or even 12 wins.....after the Jets game and the 2 injuries and the play of our QB and defense...anywhere from 5 to 10. Just don't know. If they lose the home opener it starts sliding. If they lose to Cleveland and go 0-4 or 0-5 then I think it would be pretty tough to even win 5.

16-0....I can't WAIT for the season to start!!!!!!

wait... what?

Naysayers be gone witcha! minimum 11-5... we are easily going to crush our first 4 opponents! I'm sick of this 5-11 crap and so is the team... no more backseat to Boston, NJ and the Dade Co. correctional facility team for at least 7 years.

TOTAL DOMINATION.

this is hilarious. I am an idiot.

Unless you count a second loss to N.E. which I believe was said to be possible. That would make it 2-4, no?

In his prediction he thought a win at NE would happen.....

Personally....in looking at their schedule....

The road games at

NYJ

SF

NE

HOU

would expect to be losses

The rest of the road games

AZ

MIA

IND

CLE

Buffalo should win

A key thing in the Arizona game---Buffalo got a schedule break by having them back to back weeks so they should stay someplace out west in between games.

Last time playing the West in 2008...NE did back to back both trips out west when playing all 4 west coast teams while the Jets did individual trips. It cost the Jets and benefited the Patriots.

Then with their home schedule....

MIA

TEN

JAX

STL

SEA

KC

all should be wins

The issue will be with the game hosting NE---they beat them last year.

The finale against the JETS it depends greatly on what is at stake and their record. If they have a wild card spot locked up or were out of the playoffs and had nothing wo play for then its possibly a loss....if they do have somethign to playoff such as a playoff spot or division title then they would play to win.

what was the tally...24 points off of turnovers plus another 7 due to special teams....you cant win in this league if you do that.

If they are perfect at home then they go 12-4....lose one then 11-5...lose two then 10-6.

Eight

Just enough to miss out on all the first round QBs.

That's the way it usually works for One Bills Drive.

And then, it's "oh, we like the QB we have." All those INTs were the receivers' fault.

Like they have become allergic to drafting a QB for some reason.

• 3 months later...

How exactly did the Bills get one win worse this off-season?

PTR

Some opinions are better left to themselves. This team taking a step back would prove it to be one of the worst seasons in NFL history. I could not see this happening unless we lose Fitz.

@ NYJ W

KC W

Cle W

NE L

@ SF L

@ AZ W

TN W

Bye

@ Hou L (we lose one of the games betwen Hou and NE)

@ NE W

Mia L (trap game)

@ Ind W

Jac W

Stl W

Sea W

@ Mia W

NY L

We have trouble against Miami at home and right after two big games we won't have it any easier. The first NE game I think we come in not yet "gelled." The SF game could be a game we want to prove something in; but for this argument I don't think we bring it home. Jets come in to our home and beat us as they have oft done. 11-5 could get us ok. The possible 5 game win streak would be HUGE.

When you typed the number five were you referring to the number of losses the Bills will suffer this year?

I keep looking at that schedule and then thinking about our defense, which means our offense will get more opportunities and the possible number of wins is actually frightening.

This is a team that should not lose those maybe games any more. I think we beat Miami and the Jets twice and we win our home opener so there's five wins. A split with New England. Tennessee and the Colts and we are at eight wins with some other winnable games out there on the schedule. So I am saying 10 wins but with a few breaks (And, no significant injuries) this team definitely can be amongst the best teams in the league.

Sometimes I wish we could cut fans.

Seriously? We won 6 last year and you think we will be worse :thumbdown:

BTW 10 WINS!!!

I really dont know what we are going to get but for you to honestly say 5 is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard I have a hard time seeing us not getting to 8 wins. If we don't at least get to 9-7 it will be a disappointing season in my opinion. Seeing as we havent made the playoffs since I was a first grader I dont even know what being in the playoffs feels like let alone the superbowl. I would literally do anything to see it and I just really cant be that optimistic because I have had my heart broken so many times. Although this year I feel like we have the depth necessary to make a run and finally break our streak. As someone said its about fitz, if he stays healthy and plays well we should be alright.

What logic brought you to 5? What offseason moves and late season developments last year(spiller showing he has some serious talent... etc) gives you the impression that the team has gotten worse?

Or was this a prediction of lowered expectations so that if they win more you'll be pleasantly surprised?

9 - 11 wins are very attainable if they stay healthy, 7 - 9 wins if the team endures another record setting number of players on IR, or if Fitz goes down.

10 and you are sad by thinking just 5

This is why preseason mocking is pointless, you all made the OP seem like he was a fake fan and yet you are the ones who were wrong. Maybe we wait until a game is played before talking smack.

This is why preseason mocking is pointless, you all made the OP seem like he was a fake fan and yet you are the ones who were wrong. Maybe we wait until a game is played before talking smack.

The first 3 pages of this thread are hyserical. If those clowns had a rope they might have lynched the OP.

I was way too optimistic. Jesus.

I think I'm going to predict 0 wins from now on.

That schedule looked very nice @ the end of August. How the hell do they win only 5? Even with the noodle armed QB they should have 9-10 wins this year! F Gailey & Wandstache.

Some opinions are better left to themselves. This team taking a step back would prove it to be one of the worst seasons in NFL history. I could not see this happening unless we lose Fitz.

@ NYJ W

KC W

Cle W

NE L

@ SF L

@ AZ W

TN W

Bye

@ Hou L (we lose one of the games betwen Hou and NE)

@ NE W

Mia L (trap game)

@ Ind W

Jac W

Stl W

Sea W

@ Mia W

NY L

We have trouble against Miami at home and right after two big games we won't have it any easier. The first NE game I think we come in not yet "gelled." The SF game could be a game we want to prove something in; but for this argument I don't think we bring it home. Jets come in to our home and beat us as they have oft done. 11-5 could get us ok. The possible 5 game win streak would be HUGE.

I guess then this is the worse season in NFL history. The irony is this post says we could only lose this many if the Bills lose Fitz. Too funny.

We have suffered through 7 straight seasons without a winning record. We have had 1 winning season out of the past 12 ('04 9-7). We haven't gone to the playoffs in this century. Bills fans have endured some very trying times. Having siad that, I would be thrilled just to see a winning season. I would love to have us in serious playoff contention when Thanksgiving rolls around. I need to feel that kind of excitement again. This year's team seems poised to make it happen. 10 wins and a wildcard spot!

Sorry to say, I was fooled again!!! :doh:

Reality check, the Bills lost their best offensive weapon for 3-4 weeks and lost their starting slot WR for the year (a guy who could get first downs) So now they start that #3 draft pick that wasn't ready last week.

After reading many posts and what some sports writers had to say about Fitz and the Bills offense. Not only was the team not prepared to play an NFL regular season game in any aspect, They were dramatically out coached by big mouth Rex.

The Jets fielded a defense that blanketed the Bills WR's and conversely the Bills fielded a defense that couldn't cover anyone.

Who knows what to expect from the Bills next week, more of the same? This team reminds me of the 2010 team that went 0-8

After that season opening game against the Jets I simply couldn't see how so many fans could keep such high expectations for the season.

Granted many expected the defense to be in the top ten with a notable change back to the 4-3 and the 100 million dollar DE FA,and another 12 million dollar DE FA.

It was the new DC and defense that really let the team down this season IMO! Nobody, and I mean nobody foresaw the Bills defense being worse under Wannstedt then it was under Edwards, not with the addition of Super Mario! Edwards was only franchise bad, Wannstedt set both franchise AND NFL records for being bad. Plus, he had better talent on defense then the team has seen the last decade. Just unbelievable.

Buffalo Bills fans "eternal optimism"....its what has kept Ralph Wilson rolling in dough the last 12 years.

Naysayers be gone witcha! minimum 11-5... we are easily going to crush our first 4 opponents! I'm sick of this 5-11 crap and so is the team... no more backseat to Boston, NJ and the Dade Co. correctional facility team for at least 7 years.

TOTAL DOMINATION.

This post should be in the Hall of Shame!

I should go back and find the posts where I said the hiring Chan Gailey and Dave Wannstedt were bad hires. Two more mediocre coaches doomed to fail again in Buffalo. I should post all the names of the posters who said I was crazy. Ah heck, that would be too much work. I'd have to post a thousand names. Herd mentality is difficult to break.

Seriously? We won 6 last year and you think we will be worse :thumbdown:

BTW 10 WINS!!!

wow what was I thinking, I honestly thought I went 8-8 but maybe that was another thread.

From the Terms of Service

Do NOT post:

Personal "crusades" (posting the same information/opinion in an excessively repetitive manner. We want posters to share opinions not bludgeon others to death with them.)

It's obvious that other posters are becoming sick of your crusade against the Bills QB. As such, you are rapidly approaching the point where if you cannot or will not exhibit self-control, it will be done for you.

you might want to bring that guy back

Good thing the Bills had such an easy schedule this year.

just imagine if it was hard :doh:

questioning his number of wins doesn't mean I thought he was fake, just pessimistic sadly he was right.

I should go back and find the posts where I said the hiring Chan Gailey and Dave Wannstedt were bad hires. Two more mediocre coaches doomed to fail again in Buffalo. I should post all the names of the posters who said I was crazy. Ah heck, that would be too much work. I'd have to post a thousand names. Herd mentality is difficult to break.

You are BY FAR the smartest contributor to this sight EVER! I mean that. Seriously. The rest of us can't come close to your prescient wisdom and ability to foretell the future.

But greater than your wisdom is your humility. It would be so much easier for us lesser folks to just come back and say, "I told you so."

However, without a doubt, your greatest gift of all is your sheer ability to resist telling the rest of us how stupid we are. Thank-you for that.

GO BILLS!!!

so who do you want as HC?

I made a futures bet during training camp and took under 6.5 total wins. Winner winner chicken dinner. I would have posted in this thread if I could've gotten into my old profile. Forgot my password and had to start a new one. Lost over 3,500 posts. :doh:

What a great thread...I personally thought we'd win 10 this year and I haven't thought we'd win more than seven any of the last six years.....but on the bright side, I bought a really really nice bridge in Brooklyn last week from some guy at a gas station and I won the Nigerian lottery! And my wife thinks I'm an easy mark....

What a great thread...I personally thought we'd win 10 this year and I haven't thought we'd win more than seven any of the last six years.....but on the bright side, I bought a really really nice bridge in Brooklyn last week from some guy at a gas station and I won the Nigerian lottery! And my wife thinks I'm an easy mark....

Damn, I thought I won that lottery. I got an email that told me so. You lucky SOB.

Wow, I feel like an idiot. Sorry marv, I guess I get caught up like I do every year during the preseason

I accept your apology but have to wait until the Jets beat us down then it will be correct prediction. In July we

will put this question up again and see what happens.

At least I am in good company. I was wrong. It happens, right? It happens a lot. Hope you're proud of yourselves, but I could care less. It is funny to look back on it.

So, my challenge for the know-it-alls - what went wrong. Break it all down to us, what happened in the games we won and lost that caused our record. Let me guess, Fitz sucks, Ralph is cheap, blablabla. If bringing this up for a laugh was the point, then come on, lets laugh but too many are taking it too seriously and for that I say you are just ruining this board, driving away good talk and it is just bad form.

You are BY FAR the smartest contributor to this sight EVER! I mean that. Seriously. The rest of us can't come close to your prescient wisdom and ability to foretell the future.

But greater than your wisdom is your humility. It would be so much easier for us lesser folks to just come back and say, "I told you so."

However, without a doubt, your greatest gift of all is your sheer ability to resist telling the rest of us how stupid we are. Thank-you for that.

GO BILLS!!!

You're welcome. Merry Christmas!