How many wins this season?

We have suffered through 7 straight seasons without a winning record. We have had 1 winning season out of the past 12 ('04 9-7). We haven't gone to the playoffs in this century. Bills fans have endured some very trying times. Having siad that, I would be thrilled just to see a winning season. I would love to have us in serious playoff contention when Thanksgiving rolls around. I need to feel that kind of excitement again. This year's team seems poised to make it happen. 10 wins and a wildcard spot!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to say but I think 5.

What logic brought you to 5? What offseason moves and late season developments last year(spiller showing he has some serious talent... etc) gives you the impression that the team has gotten worse?

Or was this a prediction of lowered expectations so that if they win more you'll be pleasantly surprised?

9 - 11 wins are very attainable if they stay healthy, 7 - 9 wins if the team endures another record setting number of players on IR, or if Fitz goes down.

9-7 I am thinking Fitz is just not enough of a frachise qb. You really DO need a strong arm in the NFL. If Fitz can get us to 5-2 or so then get injured and VY comes in, maybe 10-6.

Edited by zazie

I could see this team winning 10-11 games this season. As I went through the schedule, They have a lot of favorable matchups on the road where they traditionally haven't been that good. Here's how I see it playing out:

1 - @Jets. The Jets always play the Bills tough in their house. LOSS.

2 - Chiefs. Home opener should be a madhouse. WIN.

3 - @Browns. Weak opponent on the road. WIN.

4 - Patriots. I hate the Patriots more than you do. LOSS.

5 - @49ers. Tough road matchup. LOSS.

6 - @Cardinals. Kolb never was the answer. WIN

7 - Titans. Chris Johnson rebounds after sitting out part of last year. LOSS

8 - BYE week. They could easily be the 3-4 I've outlined above or possibly better.

9 - @Texans. Revenge game for Mario. WIN

10 - @Patriots. LOSS

11 - Dolphins. That team will be horrendous. WIN.

12 - @Colts. Luck will not have a magical first season. WIN.

13 - Jaguars. Welcome to Buffalo. WIN.

14 - Rams. Another team in rebuilding mode. WIN.

15 - Seahawks. Favorable home games here. WIN.

16 - @Dolphins. They're still a bad team. WIN.

17 - Jets. Whether they win the first one on the road or this one, I think they split with the Jets. WIN.

This season is going to come down to their health. They do have the schedule though to win 10-11 games and possibly the AFC East outright. If you look at the Patriots schedule, it certainly isn't as favorable in terms of the teams they have to face.

Edited by Luxy312

I'm thinking 9 to 10 wins, and a playoff miss.

Dork, would you consider yourself a pessimist, realist or optimist in regard to Bills fandom?

Seriously, it is hard for me to be less than very optimistic with the program the team has going on now. it appears to be making big strides towards competency. We have not put it on the field yet. But that run early last year was something. Imagine if we had a defense? I considered progress even after i wore down my crying towel post Redskins.

My point is this you called out the playoff miss. you could have phrased that different i think.

I wish everyone was excited about this season as i am.

How about i raise you ten wins and a loss in the wild card although Bills played a helluva game?

I could see this team winning 10-11 games this season. As I went through the schedule, They have a lot of favorable matchups on the road where they traditionally haven't been that good. Here's how I see it playing out:

8 - BYE week. They could easily be the 3-4 I've outlined above or possibly better.

10 - @Patriots. LOSS

17 - Jets. Whether they win the first one on the road or this one, I think they split with the Jets. WIN.

This season is going to come down to their health. They do have the schedule though to win 10-11 games and possibly the AFC East outright. If you look at the Patriots schedule, it certainly isn't as favorable in terms of the teams they have to face.

We lose to the Texans, and beat the Titans. Texans are going to be strong this year, titans still have some holes. But 10-11 seems feasible

Dork, would you consider yourself a pessimist, realist or optimist in regard to Bills fandom?

Seriously, it is hard for me to be less than very optimistic with the program the team has going on now. it appears to be making big strides towards competency. We have not put it on the field yet. But that run early last year was something. Imagine if we had a defense? I considered progress even after i wore down my crying towel post Redskins.

My point is this you called out the playoff miss. you could have phrased that different i think.

I wish everyone was excited about this season as i am.

How about i raise you ten wins and a loss in the wild card although Bills played a helluva game?

I think we'll have a decent record, but lose a spot on tie breakers, splitting with the Jets and Pats at best. I think we have an easy schedule, so lots of wins are possible, but I also know we have a history of injuries, even with regime changes.

If the perfect storm happens, I think we can win 11-14 games, but perfect storms are rare.

I think we'll have a decent record, but lose a spot on tie breakers, splitting with the Jets and Pats at best. I think we have an easy schedule, so lots of wins are possible, but I also know we have a history of injuries, even with regime changes.

If the perfect storm happens, I think we can win 11-14 games, but perfect storms are rare.

Well i want you to know i have to file you under realistic pessimist, leaning towards optimist then :)

7 wins is where the Bills will fall. Unless Fitz gets hurt early, then they win more.

From the Terms of Service

Do NOT post:

Personal "crusades" (posting the same information/opinion in an excessively repetitive manner. We want posters to share opinions not bludgeon others to death with them.)

It's obvious that other posters are becoming sick of your crusade against the Bills QB. As such, you are rapidly approaching the point where if you cannot or will not exhibit self-control, it will be done for you.

Well i want you to know i have to file you under realistic pessimist, leaning towards optimist then :)

Hahahahaha, I love that I get put in all three. :)

From the Terms of Service

Do NOT post:

Personal "crusades" (posting the same information/opinion in an excessively repetitive manner. We want posters to share opinions not bludgeon others to death with them.)

It's obvious that other posters are becoming sick of your crusade against the Bills QB. As such, you are rapidly approaching the point where if you cannot or will not exhibit self-control, it will be done for you.

Was waiting for this...

I really do not understand that this is deemed a personal crusade. In my opinion the Bills would win more games with Vince Young. He has a better record as a starting QB, and Fitz does not have a good record. Their stats are very similar in QB rating and TD/INT ratio for the the career, but one guy wins and one guy loses. One guy has many more 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives than the other, the difference could mean the playoffs:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=YounVi00

Edited by paintmyhouse

I really do not understand that this is deemed a personal crusade. In my opinion the Bills would win more games with Vince Young. He has a better record as a starting QB, and Fitz does not have a good record. Their stats are very similar in QB rating and TD/INT ratio for the the career, but one guy wins and one guy loses. One guy has many more 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives than the other, the difference could mean the playoffs:

http://www.pro-footb...player=YounVi00

In the last 2 days you've made two dozen posts, about 20 of which have been bagging on the Bills starting QB for a crusade percentage of over 80%. This pattern has been going on for months.

It has nothing to do with your opinion on the subject; it's all about the fact you won't shut up about it. Nobody wants to sit here and listen to some mouthy attention-seeker ripping the Bills QB 10 times a day. You've done more to degrade the quality of this board than any other currently registered member.

This will be the last contribution I make to this discussion; the next time we talk about it, it will be in private, it will be brief and it will be significantly less pleasant than this one.

I wish you the best of luck in learning the kind of self-control which may permit your continuing presence on this board.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=YounVi00

its all about chemistry. i think you may look too long and hard at statistics.

Fitz has a poor record for sure and it has looked ugly when we are losing.

But the whole team has been struggling. even our very good players had a rough one, last year.

May i suggest we just see how it plays out.

Lets watch the first couple games before we start the standard call to bench # ..

Off season is the time of Hope brother. might be the only time hahaha!

:thumbsup:

In the last 2 days you've made two dozen posts, about 20 of which have been bagging on the Bills starting QB for a crusade percentage of over 80%. This pattern has been going on for months.

It has nothing to do with your opinion on the subject; it's all about the fact you won't shut up about it. Nobody wants to sit here and listen to some mouthy attention-seeker ripping the Bills QB 10 times a day. You've done more to degrade the quality of this board than any other currently registered member.

This will be the last contribution I make to this discussion; the next time we talk about it, it will be in private, it will be brief and it will be significantly less pleasant than this one.

I wish you the best of luck in learning the kind of self-control which may permit your continuing presence on this board.

For the record I agree with what he is saying...

I will say, though, that if you can elaborate a little and then the perception might change. You're not alone in your thoughts but you come off poorly with each post rehashing the same point.

• 1 month later...

10 - @Patriots. LOSS

I like the look of this, even know. The bad week one loss lights a fire under the team. They get through a tough schedule and lose close games to some good teams. They get rolling towards the end of the year and rattle of 7 straight to make the playoffs. How perfect would it be to have a home game against the jets on the last game of the season to decide playoffs?

Payback would be sweet..

wishful thinking? maybe

I still think the Bills can have a good season, 10-6 is possible, but if they look like the team that showed up against the Jets 7-9 is our record for the year. It is early and I still think the Bills will regroup and make a good run in the second half of our schedule. This cant go on forever, the Bills will be winners again someday, its gonna happen.