The Olympics Thread | London 2012

UConn James

LoL... Like taxes, people think they can micromanage every last dime... They can't. I am sorry, take a number. The noisy few just squawk to squawk. Jesus comes down on earth and they would find fault with him. Anway, they are paying for all cable.

So by not paying $55 a month [660 a year] to a cable company for a product I have no interest in I am micromanaging my dimes?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So by not paying $55 a month [660 a year] to a cable company for a product I have no interest in I am micromanaging my dimes?

No. No, I am sorry... I didn't mean you... I meant the others who are paying and feel they can control all programming to their exact liking.

You are doing it the right way... Standing by your convictions! More people need to do that if they don't like the product.

NBC is doing a terrible job at the Olympics. Even worse is the previews for shows coming up, such as, Animal Practice? WTF? The one with the Friends dude might be ok...but that is it. Then they flubbed up with America's Got Howard on the last night putting the best people on the last show.

NBC cant win..earlier we had guys bitchin that events were not live..but they are online...every sungle stinkin event as it happens! Oh yea,forgot to mention that is FREE! As a bonus, many without commentators. Yes the opening ceremony was delayed, horrible for them to try and recoup some of their investment.

Then people B word the recorded shows are not showing the exact right event to fit their interests. May only be me, but do a littele research, see what is on during the day..and DVR THE STUFF. Watch it whenever you want..what can be better than that?

Cant believe people in here are not demanding that the swimming finals should start at midnight in London to accomadate their comfort ..

NBC cant win..earlier we had guys bitchin that events were not live..but they are online...every sungle stinkin event as it happens! Oh yea,forgot to mention that is FREE! As a bonus, many without commentators. Yes the opening ceremony was delayed, horrible for them to try and recoup some of their investment.

Then people B word the recorded shows are not showing the exact right event to fit their interests. May only be me, but do a littele research, see what is on during the day..and DVR THE STUFF. Watch it whenever you want..what can be better than that?

Cant believe people in here are not demanding that the swimming finals should start at midnight in London to accomadate their comfort ..

Not exactly free. You need to provide a password/username that proves you pay for a cable service that carrys MSNBC. If you can prove me wrong please do.

Havent been able to get into until now seeing the Japanese female badmitton doubles team taking the court. Very solid :)

Been chapped London beat new York to land the games in a blatant anti-bush, anti-america Olympic committee agenda. Has no business being awarded to an irrelevant relic like London. Might as well have taken all the way back to its roots in that bankrupt dump Athens

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Wow, these girls are hot!!! and they could kick our asses, what a combination :D

Havent been able to get into until now seeing the Japanese female badmitton doubles team taking the court. Very solid :)

Been chapped London beat new York to land the games in a blatant anti-bush, anti-america Olympic committee agenda. Has no business being awarded to an irrelevant relic like London. Might as well have taken all the way back to its roots in that bankrupt dump Athens

In my opinion the Japanese have the most homely women. Plenty of countries do it better than them :thumbsup:

Not exactly free. You need to provide a password/username that proves you pay for a cable service that carrys MSNBC. If you can prove me wrong please do.

You are correct...you get NBC for free, you get the free content on NBC. You pay for NBC through cable etc, you get the rest of the content..i see nothing wrong with that.

You are correct...you get NBC for free, you get the free content on NBC. You pay for NBC through cable etc, you get the rest of the content..i see nothing wrong with that.

I don't see anything wrong with paying for content, but I think it would be better to allow people to pay just for the Olympics. Why make people that don't want cable have to get the cable company involved (cable install, canceling and turning in equipment, etc...) when they could likely make more money if they just let people pay directly for the on-line Olympic coverage (it would cost me $6 for a month of basic cable, most of which would not go to NBC, but I would easily pay $10 direct to NBC to be able to see everything online). Seems kind of short sighted of NBC.

Edited by Faustus

I don't see anything wrong with paying for content, but I think it would be better to allow people to pay just for the Olympics. Why make people that don't want cable have to get the cable company involved (cable install, canceling and turning in equipment, etc...) when they could likely make more money if they just let people pay directly for the on-line Olympic coverage (it would cost me $6 for a month of basic cable, most of which would not go to NBC, but I would easily pay $10 direct to NBC to be able to see everything online). Seems kind of short sighted of NBC.

Valid point..but seem to remember them getting blasted for charging an Olympics or two ago.

Watched the Serb Women Volleyball team just now..might just have to move,

Whine much? Salt Lake City, perhaps the most intolerant city in our country, got the Winter Olympics and due to a bribery scandal... so what's your point?

Enough with trying to politicize the selection... ugh.

You get your internet for free? :unsure:

Some have hit on it here, but here's what happens when you slam NBC for the time-delays and other coverage nits in the big leagues....

Critic of NBC has Twitter account suspended after network complains

Adams encouraged Lauer "to shut up" and called out Gary Zenkel, the president of NBC Olympics, as the "moronic exec behind the time delay." And he said Zenkel should be fired.

Twitter soon suspended Adams' account, he said. In a story he wrote in The Independent, Adams wrote that after filing an article critical of NBC's coverage, he checked his Twitter account only to find it had been suspended.

The issue here is that NBC and Twitter formed a corporate "partnership" for the London Games "to bring Olympic coverage and social conversation to viewers everywhere," according to a pre-Games news release. "During the games, Twitter is using its Olympics events page to highlight insiders' views, and to encourage people to watch NBC's on-air and online coverage."

So, first, they team up and then coincidentally one of the network's most relentless critics gets booted from the website? Earlier this year, film director Spike Lee tweeted what turned out to be an incorrect home address for George Zimmerman, the accused killer of Trayvon Martin. Twitter didn't suspend Lee's account.

Twitter gets :thumbdown: :thumbdown: